Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady GaGa - ARTPOP era

clh_hilary

Debuts number six on the Hot 100 and number three on Hot Digital Songs with only 218,000 copies sold. Fewer copies sold than even Ariana Grande.

pklongbeach

Give us an update on the blowup with pErez.
I have no idea what is going on.

No surprised the single is not taking off. It's sort of a "Gaga/80s retread".

I personally kind of like it, but it is not remotely radio friendly. And certainly not mainstream enough.

Or maybe "too mainstream"!!

Carrieflattsfan

Give us an update on the blowup with pErez.
I have no idea what is going on.

No surprised the single is not taking off. It's sort of a "Gaga/80s retread".

I personally kind of like it, but it is not remotely radio friendly. And certainly not mainstream enough.

Or maybe "too mainstream"!!

Honestly, I'm glad "Applause" is flopping. Gaga's ego is so out of control, I'm glad the public is sending a message they're tried of her attitude and rumored manipulative antics.

Carrieflattsfan

I saw this yesterday, and it didn't surprise me. Gaga seems to be willing to do anything for attention/sales, and it's petty. Unfortunately, if any of this becomes verified, Gaga's fans will probably still stand by her. But since her star is already fading (pretty quickly, at that), the ugly truth will come out, and at this point, I think anymore damage could be detrimental for her.

I read on TMZ awhile back that Gaga was fighting to block the release of "documents that could ruin her." Considering everything she's been called out for lately, I can see why she's fighting to hide what she can.

As the saying goes "What goes around comes around." I think Gaga is being so careless at this point, that she's going to end up ruining her own career, honestly.

clh_hilary

I saw this yesterday, and it didn't surprise me. Gaga seems to be willing to do anything for attention/sales, and it's petty. Unfortunately, if any of this becomes verified, Gaga's fans will probably still stand by her. But since her star is already fading (pretty quickly, at that), the ugly truth will come out, and at this point, I think anymore damage could be detrimental for her.

I read on TMZ awhile back that Gaga was fighting to block the release of "documents that could ruin her." Considering everything she's been called out for lately, I can see why she's fighting to hide what she can.

As the saying goes "What goes around comes around." I think Gaga is being so careless at this point, that she's going to end up ruining her own career, honestly.

I think she lost her career with the video to 'Marry The Night'.

AIgrl06

^Marry the Night had a video? :p /Sarcasm

Anyways, Applause is awful. I heard it on the radio today. It sounds horrible.

Aura's pretty good, though. The chorus is catchy.

The end.

clh_hilary

I don't know if the bad sales is a reflection on Gaga losing lots of fans or not. Applause is just a bad song.

It definitely is. First-week sales are reflection of fan-bases (unless the songs are repressed), longevity reflects how it resonates with the audience.

'Born This Way' opened with 440,000 copies in just three days, 502,000 copies in the following seven days, and racked up enough sales to top the Hot 100 for six more weeks despite strong competition coming from Katy Perry's 'E.T.' (featuring Kanye West) which was having 300,000 copies sold every week.

'Applause' opened with a very modest 218,000 copies, behaved just like Miley Cyrus's 'We Can't Stop' which had way lesser hype, weaker digital power, lesser airplay, and off from a way weaker era (Can't Be Tamed barely went gold, so was the song. No other single had done anything anywhere. Hannah Montana Forever bombed worse.) in its first week (but WCS reached number one on iTunes). It is (I think) actually a smaller number than what 'Judas' did in three days, or 'The Edge of Glory' (as an iTunes countdown track only) in seven days.

Her label is expecting 400,000 copies for the opening for ARTPOP, I think it's possible, but let's see. Born This Way would've opened with something like 800,000 copies had there not been the 99 cents deals (Amazon sold 440,000 copies of BTW that week, counting physical copies, other five days of normal sales, and sales of the deluxe version - its first-week total I think was more than 1.15 million copies or somewhere).

Her performance at the MTV awards was amazing!!

It was quite smart of her to keep it simple and references herself back as A is definitely the closest thing to The Fame since that album. It actually worked and the song is selling well now. It should become a decent hit after all. It actually has more of an impact in its sales than the video which is not normal for Gaga.

clh_hilary

Katy Perry is sitting comfortably at number one on iTunes, Miley Cyrus broke the Twitter mentions record with ease, Kelly Clarkson is getting married, Christina Aguilera is holding onto The Voice, Rihanna is closing in to another million-selling album, Madonna is dropping her DVD to her record-breaking MDNA Tour, Selena Gomez is coming hard with her second single, Lorde is taking over the world, Ellie Goulding is smashing hard in the United Kingdom, The Lord is asking the biggest band in the world to 'shut the fu*k up', P!nk's 'Just Give Me A Reason' is still lingering on the charts after becoming her biggest hit ever, ADELE is still selling albums, Britney Spears's dog tweeted with more attention paid, etc. Queen Gaga is taking nobody's wig. Well, except for Awful Lavigne's or Celine Dion's I guess.

Gator

Interesting blog. Surprised this does not include other names...

Lady Gaga’s crass
attempt to rig Billboard’s Hot 100 chart
in favor of her new “Applause” single is pretty amusing on its own … merits. Video views now count toward a song’s chart ranking, just like downloads, retail sales (if there are any), radio airplay, streams – they’re probably working on a way to count the number of times you inadvertently whistle the chorus. So Gaga, quite logically, sought to mobilize her devoted fan base by tweeting them a link that would allow them to register 150 views of the video – presumably without actually having to watch it 150 times, which might test the patience of even the most committed Monster.

Cont'd: Hit & Myth: What Gaga gaming the system means for chart positions

pklongbeach

Yeah, I'm mad at gaga about this.

IT's so B.S. ITs so TS.

Gaga is supposed to represent herself as soemthing that stand beyond the standard.
Something that exists inspite of the norm.
And yet, she suddenly seems so desperate to be counted among the norm.
Who Gaga Is, becomes very confusing.

Who Taylor is, is clear. So everthing she does seems.......honest.....in it's manipulation.
Who Carrie is, is clear. So everything she does seems honest in its blatant sincerity.

But who is Gaga?? Suddenly we don't know anymore.

Thats not good.

Gator

^^Why are you mad at Gaga? She's exploiting the system, but she is not the ONLY one. She is exposing the flaws which we know already exist. In the end, it's Billboard's mess, and we all know who benefits from it.

clh_hilary

Lady GaGa and her team have ALWAYS been desperate for good chart positions!

1. They timed it well with the American Idol performance and mysterious delete of 'Right Round' on iTunes to make 'Poker Face' number one on the Hot 100;
2. They worked hard to create her a streak on pop radio AND the Hot 100;
3. They released the video to 'Telephone' right after it hit number one on pop so it has peak airplay with peak sales for the peak Hot 100 position;
4. They rush-released 'Born This Way' to iTunes to ensure that she's got the 1000th number one on the Hot 100;
5. They arranged her the first-ever Clear Channel radio deal to maximise BTW's airplay right out of the gate;
6. They arranged her to perform on the Grammy's to ensure great sales in the first two chart weeks;
7. They released the video to BTW a week later to ensure another week in the penthouse;
8. They cleverly released the physical singles to BTW when it grew weak and got it its final week at the top;
9. They released the 'country road version' of BTW as an attempt to get another week at number one;
10. They 'leaked' and released 'Judas' during Easter weekend to maximise buzz for her (which backfired);
11. They rush-released 'The Edge of Glory';
12. They moved Born This Way a day forward to allow it to have seven days to sell instead of the typical six-day period;
13. The Amazon 99-cents deals;
14. The Vodaphone or whatever giveaways;
15. They leaked 'Applause' and rush-released it to steal thunder from Katy Perry;
16. They released the video to it quickly in hopes of entering the penthouse;
etc.

No surprise here really.

But of course she's not the only one.

Mariah Carey: Discounted singles, heavy repressions, last-minute remixes, counting free downloads as legit 'sales', have dinner with fanatics who bought her singles, payola, etc.
Rihanna: Discounted singles, last-minute remixes, well-timed performances, etc.
Katy Perry: Discounted singles, last-minute remixes, CC deals, etc.
Taylor Swift: Heavy radio pushes, CC deals, etc.
Garth Brooks: Payola.

Carrieflattsfan

Yeah, I'm mad at gaga about this.

IT's so B.S. ITs so TS.

Gaga is supposed to represent herself as soemthing that stand beyond the standard.
Something that exists inspite of the norm.
And yet, she suddenly seems so desperate to be counted among the norm.
Who Gaga Is, becomes very confusing.

Who Taylor is, is clear. So everthing she does seems.......honest.....in it's manipulation.
Who Carrie is, is clear. So everything she does seems honest in its blatant sincerity.

But who is Gaga?? Suddenly we don't know anymore.

Thats not good.

I agree 100% with this. Gaga was unique and fresh when she came out, but now she comes off like she's trying too hard, and will do anything for a hit.

I don't buy that just because Gaga's team is doing this means Gaga's off the hook, either. She's allowing them to do this, and she's the one who tweeted her fans, begging them to buy "Applause" and to watch the video MULTIPLE times at once. In my mind, she's just as guilty, and she appears to want to do anything to stay on top.

She can say she's authentic, but in my mind, considering she has to resort to antics and sales to do the talking, she's just as guilty. What a waste of a great talent. Sigh.