Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady GaGa - ARTPOP era

pklongbeach

I agree 100% with this. Gaga was unique and fresh when she came out, but now she comes off like she's trying too hard, and will do anything for a hit.

I don't buy that just because Gaga's team is doing this means Gaga's off the hook, either. She's allowing them to do this, and she's the one who tweeted her fans, begging them to buy "Applause" and to watch the video MULTIPLE times at once. In my mind, she's just as guilty, and she appears to want to do anything to stay on top.

She can say she's authentic, but in my mind, considering she has to resort to antics and sales to do the talking, she's just as guilty. What a waste of a great talent. Sigh.
THIS!

ITs the difference in public perception that does the damage to one artist where it assists another.

No one would expect any less from someone like Taylor or Rhianna, or many others...

But then when an artist has built themselves a legacy built on a certain idea (in Gagas case it is anti-establishment / in Carries case it is honesty and integrety above all) it seems out of character and "worse" for them than others who might do the same thing.)

Most of the examples listed above seem like legitimate "attempts" to promote and push a product. That is just what marketing is and that is how it is done.

But the idea of instructing and encite an audience on how to "pull a fast one" and force feed a computer into showing more views than are actually viewed in order to get you to the top is just a flat out cheater!!

And thats not cool at all.

And anti-establishment is one thing, cheating is another.
Usually, an aritst like Gaga who is "anti-establishment", uses a different deeper code of ethics that directs them. That is part of what people wind up respecting about them.

But a cheater is a cheater.

So yeah, I'm mad at Gaga this time. Just not cool at all.

HEr personna has always indicated a higher level of understanding and arrogance at the status quo.
But it turns out she is worse than the standard.
Most people don't cheat.

(I personally don't believe that anyone cheats who is given a chance.)

(many people return the wallet with the money still in it)

pklongbeach

The only flopping Miss Perry will be doin' is while steppin' over the carcass that once was Gaga.

Leave the wig on her Miss Perry, lets not disrespect the dead!

clh_hilary

Y'all keep talking for now, meanwhile y'all faves be super-gluing their weaves to their bald scalps...

...Kety Purr, meanwhile, is about the snatch Eminem's wig. Gags, on the other hand, couldn't manage to pass even Miley Cyrus's iTunes countdown track which has no airplay, promotion, videos, or live performances.

The only flopping Miss Perry will be doin' is while steppin' over the carcass that once was Gaga.

Leave the wig on her Miss Perry, lets not disrespect the dead!

They debuted together and 'I Kissed A Girl' reigned more weeks on the Hot 100 than all The Fame/The Fame Monster​ singles combined. #Legenderry

clh_hilary

Slips from number three to number five on Hot Digital Songs with 163,000 copies sold (down 25%) despite a video release and a VMA performance.

Carrieflattsfan

THIS!

ITs the difference in public perception that does the damage to one artist where it assists another.

No one would expect any less from someone like Taylor or Rhianna, or many others...

But then when an artist has built themselves a legacy built on a certain idea (in Gagas case it is anti-establishment / in Carries case it is honesty and integrety above all) it seems out of character and "worse" for them than others who might do the same thing.)

Most of the examples listed above seem like legitimate "attempts" to promote and push a product. That is just what marketing is and that is how it is done.

But the idea of instructing and encite an audience on how to "pull a fast one" and force feed a computer into showing more views than are actually viewed in order to get you to the top is just a flat out cheater!!

And thats not cool at all.

And anti-establishment is one thing, cheating is another.
Usually, an aritst like Gaga who is "anti-establishment", uses a different deeper code of ethics that directs them. That is part of what people wind up respecting about them.

But a cheater is a cheater.

So yeah, I'm mad at Gaga this time. Just not cool at all.

HEr personna has always indicated a higher level of understanding and arrogance at the status quo.
But it turns out she is worse than the standard.
Most people don't cheat.

(I personally don't believe that anyone cheats who is given a chance.)

(many people return the wallet with the money still in it)

Completely agree with your entire post.

Gaga is one of those artists who has made it a point to toot her own horn about being unique and creative and different, when in fact she is just the opposite of those things now. Her whole persona wouldn't be so bad to me if she hadn't made so much noise about being so much more unique and creative than most of her peers.

She's been criticized from the start for being nothing more than a copycat, and she has continued to basically call herself legendary, and act as if she's among the best.

Gaga is extremely talented, but I lost all interest in her when she started letting her antics take priority over her music. If you are talented and have something to say, people will listen, but if you keep rehashing the same act over and over, acting like you're somebody special, people are going to move on to someone else.

I used to really like Gaga's music, but her ego has really gotten in the way, and I just don't like that she used to seem to care about actually having integrity and being unique, and now she's basically sold out as a person and an artist.

People like Katy Perry and Rihanna make good pop music, but they don't pretend it's so deep and special, and they're so unique. They're just creating music for their fans, and letting the public decide its fate.

Whereas Gaga comes across as incredibly insecure, as if she's trying so hard to be cutting edge (and I think she believes her own hype), and now it's coming off as if she's compromising everything she once claimed to have stood for.

Another talent lost to the corporate machine who seems to be too far gone to realize she's the only one who thinks she's still the 'hot' artist of the moment.

At this point, I don't even think a gigantic flop would wake her up, because she knows she looks bad right now, and she's continuing to make herself look even more pathetic as time goes on. IMO, she will end up being her own worst enemy soon enough, promotion be damned. Her ego is ruining her, and she's the only one who doesn't seem to notice, or care.

clh_hilary

'Applause' is projected to sell more than 200,000 copies after her VMA performance this chart week. It has climbed up to number four on the Hot 100 behind 'Blurred Lines', 'Roar', and 'We Can't Stop'. This chart week it might go:
1. 'Roar'
2. 'Blurred Lines'
3. That Eminem song
4. 'We Can't Stop'
5. 'Applause'

Performance of her previous lead singles:
'Just Dance': No 1 for 2 weeks
'Bad Romance': No 2 for 7 weeks
'Born This Way': No 1 for 8 weeks

And this is stalling on radio at the moment.

jimmy

I just listened to her KIIS LA interview and she said that she has 2 more weeks to turn in the album. Apparently, she's still tweaking it.

carebear4eva

'Applause' is projected to sell more than 200,000 copies after her VMA performance this chart week. It has climbed up to number four on the Hot 100 behind 'Blurred Lines', 'Roar', and 'We Can't Stop'. This chart week it might go:
1. 'Roar'
2. 'Blurred Lines'
3. That Eminem song
4. 'We Can't Stop'
5. 'Applause'

Performance of her previous lead singles:
'Just Dance': No 1 for 2 weeks
'Bad Romance': No 2 for 7 weeks
'Born This Way': No 1 for 8 weeks

And this is stalling on radio at the moment.

Slay, sis

clh_hilary

Projected to open with 260,000 copies, fewer copies than Katy Perry's PRISM, Miley Cyrus's Bangerz, Britney Spears's Femme Fatale, P!nk's The Truth About Love, Beyonce's 4, Nicki Minaj's Roman Reloaded, ADELE's 21, and Rihanna's Unapologetic. Lower than both Justin Timberlake albums this year.

More copies than Alicia Keys's Girl On Fire, Kelly Clarkson's Stronger, Celine Dion's Loved Me Back To Life, Selena Gomez's Star Dance, Ke$ha's Warrior, Christina Aguilera's Lotus, Cher's Closer To The Truth, and Avril Lavigne's Avril Lavigne.

Her last No 1 album, Born This Way, opened with more than 1.1 million copies, 440,000 copies of which were sold through Amazon, which offered a $0.99 deal for two days for her standard album.

Regardless, Madonna's MDNA outsold ALL. Still the biggest pop girl in the United States and globally more than 30 years into her career. The only true legend.

Eminem's album opened at No 1 with close to 800,000 copies sold. Recovery sold 741,000 copies and dropped to above 310,000 copies in its second week. Gaga's No 1 position is by no means secured.