Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Love Wins' chart updates

carriethequeen

I just saw the commercial for the Breakthrough movie and the song they played during the commercial was Love Wins. I don't know what will happen with the chart run but it was really good to hear it during the commercial.

That's great it's featured in the commercials! Faith-based films released around Easter have a history of doing really well at the box office, but it won't be released until April 17. I don't think the soundtrack will make much of a splash this Friday, but the movie will. I wish I knew if LW was featured in the movie anywhere like during the end credits or something! Either way the song will benefit come Easter weekend. But can LW hang on until then?! Gosh I don't think so. It has been wanting to collapse for WEEKS now. But a final push next week after an ACM performance could still happen... maybe she'll debut single #3 on Idol before the tour starts?

CU4ever

^ it’d Be a real shame if LW collapses this week (without UMG pulling it) and it’s done by Sunday but Carrie had already been scheduled to perform LW and not a new single and we’re stuck with her performing a falling song, lol.

i love the song but I am excited to hear a new single being performed!

Eder Rodrigues

LW is getting close to 250k SPS. It won't be certified anytime soon.

From the Cry Pretty album, the next songs with more SPS is "End Up With You" (around 70k) and "That Song That We Used To Make Love To" (around 40k)

rcramer

I think chances are slim to none she's doing LW at the ACMs.

I agree... IMO LW was chosen to get us through the downtime of her pregnancy, I thought it would have done better, but getting in the top 10 was fine with me....... I feel that single 3 is what she will be performing...... What better place to showcase it at.....

maddkat

Staff member
LW passes the falling DTTH to move to #11 (+42 spins/+.021 AIs)
11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4774 4727 47 26.301

maddkat

Staff member
^ never gonna die #LoveWins
I give the label major points for keeping this one afloat for whatever reason. It's now been in the top 20 for 16 weeks.

maddkat

Staff member
^ none above LW since Beautiful Crazy has been #1 for 4 weeks.( looks like his run is finally over though)

CU4ever

^ never gonna die #LoveWins
I give the label major points for keeping this one afloat for whatever reason. It's now been in the top 20 for 16 weeks.

Spot on! Totally agree. You can’t say UMG isn’t doing the best they very can— they refuse to let it go and are trying as hard as they can to get it as high as it can go

PRGuy79

Spot on! Totally agree. You can’t say UMG isn’t doing the best they very can— they refuse to let it go and are trying as hard as they can to get it as high as it can go

It seems this is true. I remember when the song was sluggish in the 20's and some in the industry were wondering if it would even break into the teens. The fact that it overcame that speculation and rose to the top teens (#10 on mediabase) with a chance to hit top 10 on Billboard, too, all with low sales and streaming, suggests that UMG is doing all that it can. The question now seems to be when the new single is launched. The ACMs may have been the original timeline, but seeing how Love Wins is hovering at #11, they may be holding out longer than anticipated to further analyze when the right time is to make the final push for a Top 10 peak on Billboard to keep that record secure.

I can't believe they're going to waste Carrie's performance slot at the ACMs. There's no use in trying to get LW higher on the charts since it clearly isn't connecting with the public (its digital sales are a disaster considering it is almost in the radio top 10). I hope she's gonna sing something different, but I'm afraid that won't happen.

jaymiee

What a waste if she performs LW again! She needs a new single to hype up the tour. The only acceptable way to perform LW at the ACMs is if for some reason Dolly or someone huge joined her on stage...which doesn't seen likely

DaisyTweets

She doesn't need anyone huge to perform with her! Go back in time and look at the various media outlets and if Carrie didn't have the top and most talked about performance she certainly was in the top 3. And she's been doing that for years and several award show performances per year!!!!

That's what I love about Carrie and her team, they are very talented and very creative. Look at when she performed Church Bells at both the ACMs and CMT award shows -- which one of those performances would anyone have not wanted to see??? I LOVE both and for very different reasons.

Whatever she performs I can guarantee you it will be amazing and worth seeing. And probably watching a gazillion times!!!!