Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrown

OMG, lol. I can't believe they quoted me! I was cracking up. I showed my husband, but he wasn't as amused. He was like, you better be careful what you post on there. I never dreamed my comments from CF would be used in an article for a Canadian newspaper, lol. But I guess it's that way with anything on the internet. Besides, even if they had quoted my user name or first name, it's not like anyone in Canada knows who I am, lol. That just made my day. :D

At least one of the Carriefans is famous these days. Carrie does influence a lot of people in all walks of life. Even our forum is being exposed in the media. I guess we should not underestimate the power of Carrie Underwood. This is just the beginning. I am now getting excited of more good news to come.

jeff

just another fan
just watched some comments from hockey analysts on the NHL network and VS. the nhl network guys were saying to ottawa fans not to blame her.

Ken daneyko on VS called Carrie a great country music superstar, and when they showed video clips of her at the games he said "where did i go wrong?" (meaning why couldnt he marry her). Aaron Ward said that this trade was in the works for a week and it was nice of the Sens to send him to Nashville because they could have sent him anywhere if they wanted to.

teesharky

I just realized that the programmer of that Ottawa station banning Carrie, is a female, right? She must have a crush on Mike, and she is heartbroken he is leaving. lol

hjj

I think this is one of the ist personal official release statement Carrie has had. Mike has a lot of pressure on him now to prove his worth to the Preds. Hopefully it will work out for everyone. Wonder if Carrie is going to be there this weekend.

rainbow1

Do you guys think it is eerie weird that artists and people of management have been leaving Sony and going elsewhere or being moved around and here Mike gets traded. What is up w/ all these changes lately...lol.

Wonder what Overton will think about Carrie getting all this press!!!! This news kind of overshadows his girl ML!! Carrie will have even a bigger image in Nashville!! Serves him right!!

jbrown

Carrie wil even make bigger news if Predators will win on Saturday and carrie will be watching. Hope the game is sold out and it will make even more press for the New Power Couple i Nashville.

Jade_kt

I think this is one of the ist personal official release statement Carrie has had. Mike has a lot of pressure on him now to prove his worth to the Preds. Hopefully it will work out for everyone. Wonder if Carrie is going to be there this weekend.

Yeah instead of going to the Grammy's Carrie will be supporting her man at his first game w/ the Predators, which is more important than the Grammy's imo. I hope Mike does well too.

nannygirl

:rofl: I like some of the "news" in that article. Did y'all know that Carrie now allows him to sleep in her bedroom?! Craziness. ;)

I know, right?! I thought that was hilarious!

Haven't had time to read all the posts in the thread, but to answer the question about Fisher jerseys, yes, they be cheaper than the average jersey's with other names on them. I have seen a few places still sell Ottawa Heatley jerseys, and they are cheaper than the current Alfredsson jerseys in the same store.

After hearing the news, I can understand why it happened, but at the same time, my continuing displeasure in the Senators management has sunk to an all time low. I was never a Fisherfan like I am a Carriefan, and I wish Mike all the best while he spends more time with Ace and Penny while Carrie is all across the continent. My issue with the deal is that management in Ottawa has sunk so much that they think that re building a team from scratch will always be the answer. My longer main favorite hockey team is Calgary, and not too long ago, they were in the same spot Ottawa was. Instead of trading away their best forward (coincidentally also a #12, as the press assumed would happen, Calgary fired the manager, and now sit in the playoff picture after beating Fisher and the Sens last night. So because of these reasons, I'm pretty much giving up on the sens until at least October if they make some good moves in management, which is saying something, as I paid good money for a Sens game almost a year ago.

Also, (even if the trade was made to avoid this) It would be nice if there is anyone in the Tennessee area could continue keeping track of the Carrie sightings at Predator games, as much as people in Ottawa paid attention to Fisherwood.
wink.png
This isn't the first Nashville hockey love connection (Kellie Pickler and Jordan Tootoo were together before Kellie wrote her song about the breakup).
Go Flames Go!
biggrin.png

Mike Fisher Apparel, Mike Fisher Jerseys, Fisher Shop, Mike Fisher Merchandise, Mike Fisher Gear

Is this cheaper than usual? That's a little steep. xD

undrwood9098

I have a feeling Mike will be making a public announcement soon about this (more public than the interview he did this morning), because he won't let Carrie's career suffer when she didn't do anything wrong. Honestly, the Ottawa radio station cutting Carrie off permanently? That's just pathetic. SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. I highly, highly doubt the NHL would take Mike away from Ottawa and send him to Nashville just because his wife said so. Ri-di-cu-lous.

This could be a perfect opportunity to branch out internationally, though, because if Ottawa natives take this trade that seriously and are going to really pin Carrie down and screw her career over, then it's time she breaks away from the US/Canada-only theme and expands her fanbase.

Jade_kt

Mike already made a statement defending Carrie. It's in the articles thread (see below link). Plus Carrie doesn't has any new music out for them to play unless its an old song. If it's a pop radio station, generally the only song they seem to play is BHC. At least that seems to be the main song my pop radio station seems to play. But generally I don't hear Carrie's music on the radio except for mainly Country radio. Country radio have been good to Carrie through her whole career. If they want to punish Carrie over something she has no control over, alrighty then. I think Carrie much rather have Mike's company w/ her anyways. They are probably just upset Mike is leaving and reacting and just need some time to recoupe. I'm sure Mike will make trips back to Ottawa when he can.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/ca...sher-talks-about-moving-sticks-up-carrie.html

Last edited:

buckeyecarriefan

There's only 3 things this means.

Mike WILL be in the playoffs this year.

Nashville in a few years will be hurting, since they don't spend money and usually build through the draft. 2 draft picks for a solid but not great players is way too much to give up.

And there will now be 6 games a year I hope Mike sucks in instead of just 1. Sorry, my Wings come before everything else.

JB172

I don't know if it has been brought up or not, but a weird little nugget about Mike being traded yesterday is that it came on Mike & Carrie's 7 month anniversary.

allirishgirl

I don't know if it has been brought up or not, but a weird little nugget about Mike being traded yesterday is that it came on Mike & Carrie's 7 month anniversary.

that is strange, well remembered.........now do you remember your own anniversary??!! :p :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.