Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

hjj

If you are a fan of the song/group you would probly like it. The video was pretty much a performance video w/ different splices of their performances add a car scene and then Miranda singing holding one of dogs and you have it.

teesharky

I am not feeling "Baggage Claim" yet but maybe the studio version will be better. It is just not the sort of song I want to hear on the radio.

With that said, I loved Dead Flowers but it was wrong for the radio. It was a great song though.... It must be hard to find the right balance of quality songs versus songs people want on the radio. lol

carriecountrystar

If you are a fan of the song/group you would probly like it. The video was pretty much a performance video w/ different splices of their performances add a car scene and then Miranda singing holding one of dogs and you have it.

yeah, just scenes from concerts and such. nothing special. they must have not had a big budget for the video. very low keyed.

Farawayhills

Pistol Annies - Yes! (I'd probably support Ashley if she stood up and read out the sugar beet prices - but, yes, I like this venture with her two friends, and they seem to have some good songs)

"Baggage Claim" - probably not Ran's most memorable song, but I'd like to hear more. The lyrics sound good - though I think she overdid the punchy mood in the intro. by telling her audience to wake up (basically, if they're falling asleep, you can blame poor ventilation, or what's happening on stage, lol) Not so keen on the music on that number - though the guitar break was good.

Ran's twang - I love it, but I agree it's a matter of taste.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it elsewhere, I thought you might be interested in Brandi Carlile's post about Ran's wedding (She had the longest performance slot in the wedding video, so I guess they're good friends)

""I stayed the night in my beloved Tucson, and then I flew to Texas to see my friend, Miranda, get married and sing her parents down the aisle. the twins and I sang "the story" and then sat and watched one of the most moving weddings I've seen (besides Tiffany and Jay's!!). afterwards we attended the wildest country party reception I've ever heard of! I must have had a few too many drinks (I think they were called skinny *itches, and Miranda's mom kept giving them to me) because my night ended with me karaoke singing the song "fancy" WHILE looking AT Reba McIntyre!! what the heck??? that was brave! I love Reba, and I think she got a kick out of it! everybody was singing, Kelly Clarkson, Neal McCoy, Reba herself (LOVE), and even Martina McBride...not to mention the bride and groom. I will never turn down a party invitation from them again...as long as Bev Lambert is mixing up "skinny *itches!" after the weekend's festivities we really needed a break so we played golf in San Antonio and went out for steaks!
We picked it right back up with two wild shows in Texas! - One in Dallas at the Granada -- packed house with an incredible audience. nothing short of a magical show! so many people brought us moonshine and jars of pickles. our friend even brought us a chocolate cake! Allison's drum solo was like five minutes long! "dying day" went really well here despite the size and fullness of the room...it's all about the people. they make or break that song. awesome night!
We also played one of my favorite venues in life, Gruene Hall. first of all, i love Gruene. second of all, the hall is extraordinarily cool and legendary. many of the country greats, including Johnny Cash, played that dance hall to packed houses of music lovers! we stayed at the beautiful Gruene Mansion Inn which is actually an old mansion right on the Guadalupe river...so naturally we started our day by jumping in and going for a band swim.
We then all ate dinner at the grist mill with Miranda's family and proceeded to play easily the wildest show of the tour (Dallas was probably second). it was just a blast! of course we played Folsom Prison Blues just to honor the space, but we also played our ballads and I did "same 'ol you" for the Lamberts. we signed cds outside in the grass with the fire flies and the cute cops. thanks Gruene. loved it!"

teesharky

I really wish Carrie and Mike had been able to attend the wedding. I am positive they were invited since Miranda and Blake both seem to like carrie alot, and I don't think Carrie would blow off the wedding for any reason except perhaps Mike's shoulder surgery, which was the Monday following the Saturday wedding. I guess they must have needed Sunday to get him ready for the surgery or something, which would explain Carrie not attending. I don't think for a second that Miranda would not invite Carrie.

Zman312

I really wish Carrie and Mike had been able to attend the wedding. I am positive they were invited since Miranda and Blake both seem to like carrie alot, and I don't think Carrie would blow off the wedding for any reason except perhaps Mike's shoulder surgery, which was the Monday following the Saturday wedding. I guess they must have needed Sunday to get him ready for the surgery or something, which would explain Carrie not attending. I don't think for a second that Miranda would not invite Carrie.

Tee, I adore you but you have to stop with this constant wishing of Carrie being everywhere. I am certain she was invited but other things comes up, and what difference would it make wether Carrie went or not... maybe we would get some Carrie pics...it's all good

Farawayhills

Thanks, Claire - I liked the second performance video better than the first. It seems a good crowd pleaser.

(She gives an acoustic guitar credit at the end to Scotty Wray - but I think the electric solo is by Alex Weeden, who usually plays lead)

carriecountrystar

So Blake landed top spot on the all-genre chart. Red River Blue sold 116,000 in its first week already. that's quite impressive considering he has never had even close to this sale amount before. The Voice certainly did well for him!!

I expect Miranda to pass him (perhaps 200,000) as she's more popular than he is in terms of sales. Miranda has already surpassed the millionth sale while I recall Blake's last album not even going gold. Miranda's date is smack on the first of November. the date alone, 11/1/11, already is splendid as buyers can recall that date easily. She'll have plenty of promotion with it coming out 2 weeks before the CMAs.
First week sales rely quite heavily on Lead Single. I wonder how the single will fare on radio this time around.

teesharky

Tee, I adore you but you have to stop with this constant wishing of Carrie being everywhere. I am certain she was invited but other things comes up, and what difference would it make wether Carrie went or not... maybe we would get some Carrie pics...it's all good

With all due respect--- who wouldn't want to be at Miranda and Blake's wedding, honestly? lol :) I would have died to personally crash it. lol From the pictures it looked like a lot of fun, and I want Carrie and Miranda to remain close friends, so that is why I wanted her there. I like the idea of Carrie having a good female friend in country music who will stand by her over the years, who she can collaborate with, etc, and trust. Miranda seems like a good person who would remain loyal to her friends. There are so many jerks in the music business, and many of the females are very catty/jealous/nasty to Carrie, so it is nice to see Carrie have a friend in Miranda. It is refreshing, quite honestly, after all the drama with Faith, Wynonna, Gretchen, Leanne Rimes, etc....and the list goes on. lol

I think sometimes people are too quick to take shots at me without knowing my intentions for my post. But no worries. You are a very nice person, Zman. So it is all good. :)

Zman312

With all due respect--- who wouldn't want to be at Miranda and Blake's wedding, honestly? lol :) I would have died to personally crash it. lol From the pictures it looked like a lot of fun, and I want Carrie and Miranda to remain close friends, so that is why I wanted her there. I like the idea of Carrie having a good female friend in country music who will stand by her over the years, who she can collaborate with, etc, and trust. Miranda seems like a good person who would remain loyal to her friends. There are so many jerks in the music business, and many of the females are very catty/jealous/nasty to Carrie, so it is nice to see Carrie have a friend in Miranda. It is refreshing, quite honestly, after all the drama with Faith, Wynonna, Gretchen, Leanne Rimes, etc....and the list goes on. lol

I think sometimes people are too quick to take shots at me without knowing my intentions for my post. But no worries. You are a very nice person, Zman. So it is all good. :)

I am sorry Tee, I wasn't taking a shot at you. I really do adore you and I love how worked up you get, but sometimes it's really not under our controll and it's unhealthy to react the way we do. I am guilty of it as well, but I am going through some personally issues atm and realized that "us" worrying about why Carrie didn't go the wedding or the smallest things in her life is just a waste of our time. (Don't get me wrong, I am still one of Carrie's BIGGEST fan, but I am more realistic now, or at least for now, wait til the CMA, all hell will break loose...lol) I know you mean well but we don't live their lives, we have no idea what type of friendship they have. I do think they are good friends, but they both are busy ladies and their family comes first. Feel me, I am sorry if you felt that I was taking a dig at you, definitely not my intention. I just want you to no stress over things that we have no control off, save it for something else, such as the CMA to come...

Hope you understand where I was coming from

I am sure

teesharky

^ no worries. You are one of the good guys Zman. lol Thanx. :)

I guess I just like the idea of Carrie and Miranda being good friends....since so many females in country music have let her down and/or dissed her. Do you understand what I mean?

Zman312

I guess I just like the idea of Carrie and Miranda being good friends....since so many females in country music have let her down and/or dissed her. Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks Tee,
I do understand what you are saying, but Carrie have enough friends and most important she has strong foundation, which is her family. Think of all the legends that respects Carrie: Garth, Dolly, Vince, Reba, Tony Bennett, Smokey Robinson, Loretta, MJ, Steven Tyler, Randy Travis and many more.... who cares about all these jealous b!+@?&s!!!...lol

and MOSTLY IMPORTANT SHE HAS OUR LOVE!!!!

Carrieflattsfan

I understand what you mean, Tee. You are so protective of Carrie; like she's your big sister.:p

I like 'Hell on Heels'. It's definitely something different to listen to, however I don't see it going number one - maybe top ten?