Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

Zman312

I like the intro (the instrumental part before she starts singing) but I don't like the way she sounds on this song!

Claire2004

Another review for Baggage Claim: The 1-to-10 Country Music Review: Miranda Lambert, "Baggage Claim"

Also, I'll post on this thread the other 2 songs that were reported to be included in the album:

Mama's Broken Heart written by Kacey Musgraves:

Same Ol' You by Brandi Carlile. The song starts at around 2:30 mark. I cannot remember where I read that this will be on the album, lol, probably at Pulse.

[video=google;-8142452188236682706]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8142452188236682706[/video]

Pi314CA

Some interesting facts on Miranda and politics:

Texas singer and gun enthusiast aims tweets at Canadian interviewer

Upset over being asked about views on guns
By ZEV SINGER, The Ottawa Citizen August 3, 2011

OTTAWA — Texas country singer Miranda Lambert was already slated to open for Carrie Underwood at the Capital Hoedown a week from Friday. The unexpected part is that now, in a different way, she’s serving as an opening act for the fall Parliamentary session and the reopening of the great Canadian debate on gun ownership.

Lambert, a Grammy winner and major star of the country music scene, is an outspoken gun enthusiast. Her logo, tattooed onto her arm, is a pair of winged pistols.

No stranger to publicity, she has graced the cover of Garden and Gun magazine and has been honoured by Field and Stream magazine for her deer hunting hobby; she has at least three stuffed heads mounted at home.

But over the past few days, country music news websites have been running stories about a run-in Lambert is reported to have had with a Canadian journalist over her views on guns.

The stories grew from a couple of tweets of Lambert’s last week: “Dear mr writer at the Ottawa Citizen: next time u interview me, let’s keep it about the music and not about your view on my stance on guns ... I don’t talk politics period. I’m Not sure all Canadians would like to Be put in your category. Speak for yourself not your country. Thx!”

Read more: Texas singer and gun enthusiast aims tweets at Canadian interviewer

epicamends

Hmm, it sounds like Miranda made way too big of a deal of this. His question seemed fair IMO, especially since it stemmed from one of her songs.

Ty

I really don't care as to what her position on the matter is but if you're going to put out songs with messages like that you should be prepared to back it up.

Cps235

I am really liking Baggage Claim. The song has definitely grown on me. I am excited to see how this era shape out for Miranda.

thunder92

^even though miranda is kinda the it girl of country, I dont see baggage claim doing anything significant on itunes come the 9th...but i could be wrong!

gocountrymusic

I really like the lyrics and her voice, but there is something about the production of the song that bothers me. Other than that I still thing it is a strong song, but I don't think its my favorite first single for her (that award goes to Dead Flowers)

Cps235

^^How is Baggage Claim doing so far at Mediabase? :)

0 42
chartup-blue.png
MIRANDA LAMBERT Baggage Claim 383 0 383 3.095

Carrieflattsfan

I really like the lyrics and her voice, but there is something about the production of the song that bothers me. Other than that I still thing it is a strong song, but I don't think its my favorite first single for her (that award goes to Dead Flowers)

My favorite lead single from her is "Kerosene." Although I'm not crazy about "Baggage Claim" (seems like she's channeling Jennifer Nettles with the vocal performance), it's still a strong song & sounds different than anything on the radio right now.
Plus, it's not as loud as anything on "Revolution", which is a relief to my ears.
If this single is a sign of things to come, I'm happy. :)

Zman312

My favorite lead single from her is "Kerosene." Although I'm not crazy about "Baggage Claim" (seems like she's channeling Jennifer Nettles with the vocal performance), it's still a strong song & sounds different than anything on the radio right now.
Plus, it's not as loud as anything on "Revolution", which is a relief to my ears.
If this single is a sign of things to come, I'm happy. :)

I don't think Kerosene was the lead single, it was the 3 single from her debut album. I personally love Dead Flower, I don't understand how that song fail to make the chart.

I also love her Greyhound bound for no where!

C

carriehq

miranda is not on carrie's level. but she is one of my favorites.

Claire2004

I don't think Kerosene was the lead single, it was the 3 single from her debut album. I personally love Dead Flower, I don't understand how that song fail to make the chart.

I also love her Greyhound bound for no where!

I love Dead Flowers too. I think maybe it was too somber a song that's why it did not do so well in the charts?
My absolute favorite Miranda song is still More Like Her. :)