Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

teesharky

I think Dead Flowers is a fantastic artistic type of song, and the lyrics are one of the best in any Miranda song. But--- I thought it was wrong for the radio. It is too slow, deep, artsy, etc, for radio. But it is definitely a highlight of Revolution for me.

Cps235

0 40
chartup-blue.png
MIRANDA LAMBERT Baggage Claim 493 0 493 3.894

Carrieflattsfan

I think Dead Flowers is a fantastic artistic type of song, and the lyrics are one of the best in any Miranda song. But--- I thought it was wrong for the radio. It is too slow, deep, artsy, etc, for radio. But it is definitely a highlight of Revolution for me.

I disagree.

"Dead Flowers" was released way before Miranda was a sure add at radio. I think that had a significant effect on the song's chart run.

gocountrymusic

I disagree.

"Dead Flowers" was released way before Miranda was a sure add at radio. I think that had a significant effect on the song's chart run.

I agree with this completely, Miranda was still seen as that struggling artist, that while she was well received by critics, she wasn't make much of an impact on radio even though her albums sold well. I believe if she was to release now or during the era when she became a breakthrough with radio, it would have performed better.

clh_hilary

"Dead Flowers" in general wasn't a good single choice, let alone a good first single choice, so I'd agree with that. And actually, it's also true that Miranda wasn't scoring much hits back then, so I agree with that too. Actually there are nothing contradictory about these two points -- Had DF been released by Carrie, it'd still be a Top 3 if not #1, especially for a leading single.

If I was Miranda, I would have released some songs that sound 'safe' and 'standard' a la "Heart Like Mine" instead of something like Bull Claimed, to at least ensure myself of another hit and a good opening for my upcoming album. Or perhaps Miranda herself will rather release a safe choice as her second single a la Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" and "Judas" (although in the end the 'risky' choice became a huge smash while the 'safe, back on track' became a flop). It's exactly how she worked with "Revolution", releasing DF first, then a way safer choice, "White Liar'.

I don't mind Baggage Claim, granted it's definitely not my favorite song from her, and I'm quite puzzled as to why it's the lead single off of her next album, but the ding-dang song has been stuck in my head for like the past week!

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 7, compared with the same day last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +264 points
  2. KENNY CHESNEY f/GRACE POTTER/You And Tequila (BNA) +259 points
  3. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +232 points
  4. BRANTLEY GILBERT/Country Must Be Country Wide (Valory) +211 points
  5. ELI YOUNG BAND/Crazy Girl (Republic Nashville) +201 points
All airplay data are from Mediabase 24/7.

Zman312

Miranda just played a fair for 27,000 people. Did these people come just to see her or is it normal. That's really high.
Lambert thrills fair crowd, breaks Sunday record

This is my prediction:
Miranda and Blake will be nominated for EOTY this year! Especaially with Miranda's album coming out, Sony will want to give her teh buzz so she has a huge debut week! MARK MY WORDS!

nccountrygal

Miranda just played a fair for 27,000 people. Did these people come just to see her or is it normal. That's really high.

This is my prediction:
Miranda and Blake will be nominated for EOTY this year! Especaially with Miranda's album coming out, Sony will want to give her teh buzz so she has a huge debut week! MARK MY WORDS!

I actually think this is a possibility. I definitely think Blake is going to be nominated for EOTY. I still can't believe Carrie has yet to get a CMA EOTY nomination and I am not expecting it this year either.

carebearcarrie

My favorite Miranda song has to be "Makin Plans" i love it so much. i wish it couldve been a single- but i dont think it would have done very well...

Pi314CA

This is my prediction:

Joe Nichols played earlier in the week and "drew" 19,000. The attendance figure is for the whole fair that day. Weather was cooler during the weekend was probably added to the crowd. Also, from the fair's website, buying one pass allows one to attend the whole fair (all the days) and to see the concert. So, this attendance figure is really a mixed bag.

I hope Miranda doesn't get nominated for EOTY this year. She has hardly toured. Also, she is not the big act on the bill sometimes... like this week where she "opens" for Carrie. I wished they put her as the closer one of the nights and see what she can draw.