Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

teesharky

I am glad it is doing well on radio for Miranda. I am trying to like the song, but it just doesn't do anything for me as it lacks a catchy hook. The lyrics are fine, and I like what she was trying to do.

It is the melody that is lacking.

contrast-- White Liar is such a catchy song that I had it in my head for days.

Cps235

I am glad it is doing well on radio for Miranda. I am trying to like the song, but it just doesn't do anything for me as it lacks a catchy hook. The lyrics are fine, and I like what she was trying to do.

It is the melody that is lacking.

contrast-- White Liar is such a catchy song that I had it in my head for days.

I completely get what you are saying. Idk, for me, the song has grown on me. Baggage Claim is one of those songs that you have to have on repeat to start loving it lol. Well, I hope that the album does have some catchy hook you can sing a lot to :)

Pi314CA

^^Perhaps most people would prefer to buy the whole album rather than just the lead single, and are waiting for the album to drop? I know she's a consistent album seller, but I don't know her track record when it comes to sales of her singles.

Miranda has 2 gold and 2 platinum singles.

"Baggage Claim" is now at #80 on iTunes, was at #68 yesterday.
"Hell on Wheels" by Pistol Annie is now at #90 on iTunes.

Perhaps sales of BC will pick up with a few more live performances and promotion.

Carrieflattsfan

There will be two versions of Baggage Claim:

Both Clean and Explicit versions will be available on Amazon on August 16.

If Miranda is going to follow the explicit trend, then she seems to be shaping up to be a kick-ass redneck. I won't be supporting her.

I think it's kind of sad that people are still pinning Miranda in a corner as a one-trick-pony badass redneck.

That's part of who she is (and part of her persona as an artist), but she's also a phenomenal writer who can dictate all the emotions and real-life captured in great country music.

"Revolution" is an outstanding album because Miranda isn't afraid to deal with her emotions. She vengeful, angry, sad, hurt, sensitive and introspective into her own feelings more than she has been on any of her past records.

Take one listen to "Revolution," and you'll realize Miranda is far more complex than what her radio catalog shows.

Miranda has mentioned in several interviews that she felt people were painting her into a corner, and "Revolution" was her way of proving to listeners she's much more than an angry chick with guns.

Pi314CA

^^^To me, she didn't have to release an explicit version. That just speaks a bit about her personality. And that's fine if that is the route she wants to take.

teesharky

I just hope Miranda never remixes her songs to pop like everyone else is doing. One of the things I admire and respect about Miranda, is that she is one of the last hold outs, (along with Carrie), that has refused to remix her music to pop.

I guess I would rather have Miranda swearing and redneck, but be honest & country, then pretend to be a pop star like everyone else is doing. Ugh. Thanx SWSRN.

Carrieflattsfan

^^^To me, she didn't have to release an explicit version. That just speaks a bit about her personality. And that's fine if that is the route she wants to take.

By the way the song was edited, it's pretty obvious Miranda intended for the "explicit" version to be the one heard by the public.
Radio edited it because you're allowed to say multiple swearwords, just not s*it. :rolleyes:

No disrespect intended here, but any true fans of Miranda can tell that she'd rather be herself as a swearing, redneck chick, than to be someone she's not. If Miranda had her way, I firmly believe there would be no editing of this song- but she wants to be played on radio, so she has to play by the rules.

clh_hilary

I just hope Miranda never remixes her songs to pop like everyone else is doing.

idk her songs have pop appeal

If Miranda had her way, I firmly believe there would be no editing of this song- but she wants to be played on radio, so she has to play by the rules.

If that had been the case, radio would have simply cut out, or beep out, or blank out the last word/line, and still play it.

Carrieflattsfan

idk her songs have pop appeal

If that had been the case, radio would have simply cut out, or beep out, or blank out the last word/line, and still play it.

Or maybe they thought it be easier to cut out that entire line so people wouldn't even have a clue she cussed at the end?

Claire2004

CMA Music Fest performance of Heart Like Mine:

I like HLM, but I don't like how she changes it up for her live performances. Definitiely prefer the recorded version over the live version.

Carrieflattsfan

The Pistol Annie's debuted a new song called "Bad Example."

Miranda Lambert's project Pistol Annies debut new song 'Bad Example': Listen to it here! -- EXCLUSIVE | The Music Mix | EW.com

I'm not going to sugarcoat this. but I'm not excited at all for their album now, and it's really deflated my hopes of Miranda's next record being as outstanding as her previous three. :(

At this point, I'm praying that Miranda cared enough about her own record to make it as fantastic as her others.
Between the song clips from this album & the underwhelming mediocrity of "Baggage Claim," this has me worried.

Claire2004

^^Hmmm. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me after a few listens. I did not love it instantly like I did Hell on Heels.

I still think her solo album will be at least be as good as her 3 previous albums.

The Pistol Annie's debuted a new song called "Bad Example."

Miranda Lambert's project Pistol Annies debut new song 'Bad Example': Listen to it here! -- EXCLUSIVE | The Music Mix | EW.com

I'm not going to sugarcoat this. but I'm not excited at all for their album now, and it's really deflated my hopes of Miranda's next record being as outstanding as her previous three. :(

At this point, I'm praying that Miranda cared enough about her own record to make it as fantastic as her others.
Between the song clips from this album & the underwhelming mediocrity of "Baggage Claim," this has me worried.

I agree. My excitement for the Pistol Annies album is slowing diminishing. I'm not a fan of that song - yet at least.

Kizmet311

Hmmm, not really feeling "Bad Example". I love "Hell on Heels" though and have already bought that single from iTunes. I hate to use the words, but I am afraid that the Pistol Annies album is going to be "too country" for me. It might grow on me though. Some of Miranda's songs (Dry Town comes to mind) have been really country and I have grown to love them. I think I'll just have to listen to the clips again and try to decide whether or not to buy it. I have all of Miranda's albums and I adore Ashley Monroe's voice, so I really want to like it.

As for "Baggage Claim", I haven't made up my mind yet. When I listened to the preview clip on iTunes I didn't really care for it, but now that I've gotten to hear the whole song a couple of times it's getting better. Still not sure if I'm going to buy the single or just wait for the whole album. And as for the explicit lyrics, all she says is "come get your s*it", which is really no big deal. They have to put the explicit tag on it on iTunes because of a four letter word that I'm sure over half of us use on a regular basis. Granted, I don't use it in a context like she did - it usually slips out when I've dropped something or made a mess or ran into something, lol. But still, it is certainly not "explicit" in the way you might think. But I'm still going to give this one some more time to grow on me.

teesharky

I loved Hell on Heels. This song is not as good, but I do like the harmonies of the 3 ladies. They have a pleasant sound.

Which one sings the line about sugardaddies in "Hell on Heels"? Whoever it is, has a really pretty twang.

Cps235

081611125502-1.JPG

Carrieflattsfan

I just finished watching Miranda's interview on GAC's "On The Streets" where she talks about the new record:

1. The sound of this album is all over the place- there's not one song that defines it.

2. Miranda and Blake have a duet on the album, where they'll trade verses.

3. Miranda wrote a few songs herself, but she also co-wrote with Ashley Monroe (who's part of Pistol Annies), and Blake Shelton.

4. She worked with a few new band members. but the producer is Frank Liddle (who produced "Revolution).

Tee, the woman who sings the line about sugardadies in "Hell On Hells" is Ashely Monroe. She has several albums of her own.

I like 'Family Feud' far more than I like 'Bad Example'. However, I'm still not that impressed. I'm hoping that'll change.

As for Miranda's new album, I can't wait to hear it! I'm definitely excited for the Blake duet!