Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

bigbluegrl23

You'd think SONY would wanna capitalize on the probable success of RM. With Brad and Carrie hosting, they can make this a HUGE night for them. helping Brad/Carrie would do way more for the label than someone like miranda haha. lets be honest, all she has so far is THTBM.
becca T

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 7-8, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +499 points
  2. KENNY CHESNEY f/GRACE POTTER/You And Tequila (BNA) +493 points
  3. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +491 points
  4. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +337 points
  5. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +325 points
All airplay data are from Mediabase 24/7.

AdamJ

You'd think SONY would wanna capitalize on the probable success of RM. With Brad and Carrie hosting, they can make this a HUGE night for them. helping Brad/Carrie would do way more for the label than someone like miranda haha. lets be honest, all she has so far is THTBM.
b ecca T[/QUOTE
I agree with you on this one. I also think THTBM is her best so far. I do not like Baggage. I think it is as lame as Only Prettier. They criticize Carrie's songs for not being any good or with substance but ML's songs are much worse than ANY of Carrie's songs.

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 7-9, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +815 points
  2. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +680 points
  3. KENNY CHESNEY f/GRACE POTTER/You And Tequila (BNA) +635 points
  4. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +496 points
  5. KEITH URBAN/Long Hot Summer (Capitol) +449 points

Claire2004

Do they have time left to release a second single before the album release? Baggage seems to be speeding up the chart so they might release a second one prior to the album release?

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 7-10, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +1067 points
  2. KENNY CHESNEY f/GRACE POTTER/You And Tequila (BNA) +989 points
  3. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +806 points
  4. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +771 points
  5. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +676 points

clh_hilary

Do they have time left to release a second single before the album release? Baggage seems to be speeding up the chart so they might release a second one prior to the album release?

"White Liar" was released before "Revolution" dropped, so I won't be surprised. And actually it's pretty much a general practice for not-so-big country stars to drop their second singles before their album releases or right at that time.

bigbluegrl23

"White Liar" was released before "Revolution" dropped, so I won't be surprised. And actually it's pretty much a general practice for not-so-big country stars to drop their second singles before their album releases or right at that time.

huh? wasnt White Liar the first single? haha or did the first single not do anything?
becca T

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 7-11, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +1453 points
  2. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +1180 points
  3. KENNY CHESNEY f/GRACE POTTER/You And Tequila (BNA) +1161 points
  4. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +938 points
  5. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +746 points

clh_hilary

Baggage ain't selling too great is it? It has already fallen out of the top 10 on itunes.

Yes, it's sorta under expectations I suppose. But then, basically only Sugarland, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean (If you count the "Dirt Road Anthem" remix), Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum's leading singles' performed significantly better than hers. But then, with "Dead Flowers" flopping hardcore last time, and "White Liar" hasn't picked up much (I think it was in the Top 20 when she released her album), her album opened with 76k copies or something? Then I think there's still a a possibility for her to go around 150k copies, or at least cracking 6-digit. But then, for Miranda, I think critical performance and promotions would affect her a lot as well, so I can't say for sure, I'd think anything between 70k to 180k is possible.

Pi314CA

There will be two versions of Baggage Claim:

Both Clean and Explicit versions will be available on Amazon on August 16.

If Miranda is going to follow the explicit trend, then she seems to be shaping up to be a kick-ass redneck. I won't be supporting her.

Claire2004

^^Perhaps most people would prefer to buy the whole album rather than just the lead single, and are waiting for the album to drop? I know she's a consistent album seller, but I don't know her track record when it comes to sales of her singles.