Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 14-15, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +788 points
  2. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +349 points
  3. TOBY KEITH/Made In America (Show Dog-Universal) +334 points
  4. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +248 points
  5. RASCAL FLATTS/Easy (Big Machine) +244 points
All airplay data are from Mediabase 24/7.

teesharky

I just finished watching Miranda's interview on GAC's "On The Streets" where she talks about the new record:

1. The sound of this album is all over the place- there's not one song that defines it.

2. Miranda and Blake have a duet on the album, where they'll trade verses.

3. Miranda wrote a few songs herself, but she also co-wrote with Ashley Monroe (who's part of Pistol Annies), and Blake Shelton.

4. She worked with a few new band members. but the producer is Frank Liddle (who produced "Revolution).

Tee, the woman who sings the line about sugardadies in "Hell On Hells" is Ashely Monroe. She has several albums of her own.

Thanx. I know of Ashley Monroe as a songwriter, but I had no idea she had such a pretty voice.

hjj

I wish Ashley could get something out as a solo artist. I love her voice and it is so different from others.

Pi314CA

The Pistol Annie's debuted a new song called "Bad Example."

Miranda Lambert's project Pistol Annies debut new song 'Bad Example': Listen to it here! -- EXCLUSIVE | The Music Mix | EW.com

I'm not going to sugarcoat this. but I'm not excited at all for their album now, and it's really deflated my hopes of Miranda's next record being as outstanding as her previous three. :(

At this point, I'm praying that Miranda cared enough about her own record to make it as fantastic as her others.
Between the song clips from this album & the underwhelming mediocrity of "Baggage Claim," this has me worried.

Seems that is a growing sentiment. "Baggage Claim" is now below "Hell on Wheels" on the iTunes chart. Looks like "Baggage Claim" is being pushed heavily on radio but not selling well. Wonder if Miranda will promote "Baggage Claim" with live performances soon.

CrazyDreams1818

I never mentioned Miranda's performance at the Capital Hoedown. She was FANTASTIC and had the crowd entertained and moving the whole time. I was a casual fan but she is GREAT! and I really liked Baggage Claim when she sang it at the Hoedown.

nccountrygal

BC to me has a kind of groovy sound to it which I like but I am just not sure if I like the lyrics. I probably need to listen to it more.

abbeyjones18

Exclusive Preview:

“Housewife’s Prayer”

This one is okay for me...overall, the group is good...they certainly sound good together. I think that "Family Feud" is the better of the previews that have been posted. :)

Claire2004

Exclusive Preview:

“Housewife’s Prayer”

This one is okay for me...overall, the group is good...they certainly sound good together. I think that "Family Feud" is the better of the previews that have been posted. :)

Thanks. We now have Hell on Heels, Bad Example, Family Feud, Housewife's Prayer. So almost half the album has been previewed lol.

The songs get better as they're released, but my excitement for the Pistol Annies album is still not that night.

The three girls harmonize really well together though.

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 14-16, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +1036 points
  2. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +538 points
  3. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +530 points
  4. RODNEY ATKINS/Take A Back Road (Curb) +438 points
  5. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +393 points

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 14-17, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +1448 points
  2. JAKE OWEN/Barefoot Blue Jean Night (RCA) +751 points
  3. RODNEY ATKINS/Take A Back Road (Curb) +641 points
  4. BLAKE SHELTON/God Gave Me You (Warner Bros./WMN) +582 points
  5. BAND PERRY/All Your Life (Republic Nashville) +548 points

teesharky

There is finally a box score for Miranda's tour. I have been checking to see how she is selling, and her team hasn't released any box office data yet until this week, for this one show. Odd.

Very cool that Miranda gets to tour with Josh Kelley as she probably is getting to know Katherine Hegel really well. lol I am a big Greys Anatomy Fan so I like her.

58 Miranda Lambert, Justin Moore, Josh Kelley Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, Conn.
June 8, 2011
$159,260
2,867 /
1 /
$60, $40, $30
in-house

Claire2004

There is finally a box score for Miranda's tour. I have been checking to see how she is selling, and her team hasn't released any box office data yet until this week, for this one show. Odd.

Very cool that Miranda gets to tour with Josh Kelley as she probably is getting to know Katherine Hegel really well. lol I am a big Greys Anatomy Fan so I like her.

58 Miranda Lambert, Justin Moore, Josh Kelley Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, Conn.
June 8, 2011
$159,260
2,867 /
1 /
$60, $40, $30
in-house

Thanks for the numbers Tee. I've been waiting for her boxscore data ever since she started touring, but they've been posting her numbers rarely and irregularly.

Why is the Pistol Annies not mentioned as part of the tour though? Thanks!

maria4hitz

For Miranda's fans, here's some updated sales info

98 103 127 86 * LAMBERT*MIRANDA REVOLUTION 5,150 25 4,132 1,379,501
122 97 119 78 LAMBERT*MIRANDA CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND 2,013 11 1,809 1,032,110
1 - - 198 LAMBERT*MIRANDA KEROSENE 1,348 14 1,185 1,086,121

1 - - 57 LAMBERT*MIRANDA BAGGAGE CLAIM 28,080 0 28,080
7 135 88 87 PISTOL ANNIES HELL ON HEELS 20,691 9 19,016 117,281

Claire2004

Another Pistol Annies song, "Beige". Bonus for Ashley Monroe fans here, she takes lead vocals on this song :).

Pistol Annies, 'Beige' -- Exclusive Song Premiere - The Boot

We now have 5 songs from the album:

1. Hell on Heels
2. Beige - Pistol Annies, 'Beige' -- Exclusive Song Premiere - The Boot
3. Housewife's Prayer - Exclusive Preview:
4. Bad Example - Miranda Lambert's project Pistol Annies debut new song 'Bad Example': Listen to it here! -- EXCLUSIVE | The Music Mix | EW.com
5. Family Feud - Hear The New Song By Miranda Lambert's Girl Group! - UsMagazine.com