Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

Kizmet311

So, I guess Pistol Annies' CD is out at midnight. Is anyone getting it? I still can't decide if it's going to be too country for me. I love Hell on Heels, but not Bad Example, and I didn't get around to the other previews before they were taken down.

Carrieflattsfan

So, I guess Pistol Annies' CD is out at midnight. Is anyone getting it? I still can't decide if it's going to be too country for me. I love Hell on Heels, but not Bad Example, and I didn't get around to the other previews before they were taken down.

Wow, I actually forgot the album comes out tonight.

I'm with you; I LOVE "Hell On Heels," but I'm still deciding whether I want to spend money to buy the entire album.

I'll probably buy the songs that feature Miranda and Ashley singing lead, because I love their voices, but I don't care for the other girl's voice at all.

As you also mentioned, I don't care for an album of songs that sound too country. I like a mixture of styles; I don't know if I'd like the album if it has that style throughout the entire CD.

I can't wait for previews from Miranda's solo album though; "Baggage Claim" has really grown on me. It has such a funky sound, and the lyrics are so different. :)

In another Miranda news, Country Music Is Love is reporting Dateline NBC is doing an interview segment with Miranda that airs Monday.

A Special Monday Night ‘Dateline’ With Miranda Lambert-Country Music Is Love

teesharky

Hell on Heels is amazing! Baggage Claim, is still not growing on me unfortunately. I can't wait till her next single drops as I am sure I will like it better.

Carrieflattsfan

The Pistol Annie's have the number one country album on Itunes.

Congrats to them! Plus, there's even an advertisement for the album on the main Itunes page.

I hope this album does well for them, and I'm really happy to see them getting this kind of promotion. :)

supercarriefan

Great reviews! It's nice to see this project taking off as well as it is, and the focus of the reviews appreciating all three of the women.

Pistol Annies Fire One 'Hell' of a Shot - The Boot

Their answers to the last question - oh lord :p

I love this interview. They seem like honest, down-to-earth women that are having a good time making music they love. Good for them!

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 21-22, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +647 points
  2. TOBY KEITH/Made In America (Show Dog-Universal) +462 points
  3. LADY ANTEBELLUM/We Owned The Night (Capitol) +374 points
  4. RODNEY ATKINS/Take A Back Road (Curb) +356 points
  5. TAYLOR SWIFT/Sparks Fly (Big Machine) +341 points
All airplay data are from Mediabase 24/7.

Kizmet311

I had no idea Angeleena was from KY - going to have to read up about her. Being an Eastern KY girl myself, that instantly wants to make me support her! Since I already love Ashley and Miranda, I may just have to buy this one!

teesharky

Wow. I had no idea it would do this well. Either Miranda is so on fire right now that even her side project is going to debut at #1 on the BB200, or else no big acts released new albums this week.

I am a bit shocked, really. I heard the album on Sirius satellite radio today and it is really good-- but considering they are a no name band that just formed, it is shocking how well they are doing.

supercarriefan

^^It's nice to hear Miranda give Luke Laird such great compliments, and to hear her realize her own limitations.
I like Baggage Claim a lot now (I didn't like it at all on first listen). It is something quite different from her than the country audience is used to.

Cps235

» Country Aircheck Today Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for Aug. 21-23, compared with the same days last week:
  1. MIRANDA LAMBERT/Baggage Claim (Columbia) +989 points
  2. TOBY KEITH/Made In America (Show Dog-Universal) +751 points
  3. LADY ANTEBELLUM/We Owned The Night (Capitol) +608 points
  4. RODNEY ATKINS/Take A Back Road (Curb) +498 points
  5. ERIC CHURCH/Drink In My Hand (EMI Nashville) +434 points
All airplay data are from Mediabase 24/7.

sam_vzla

Wow. I had no idea it would do this well. Either Miranda is so on fire right now that even her side project is going to debut at #1 on the BB200, or else no big acts released new albums this week.

I am a bit shocked, really. I heard the album on Sirius satellite radio today and it is really good-- but considering they are a no name band that just formed, it is shocking how well they are doing.

Being #1 on itunes doesnt mean it will debut #1 on BB 200. Hits is predicting 35-40k (that I think is very good too), below Barbra Streisand's 65-70 and Game's 90-95k. So they are not even close right now.