Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

Ty

"Baggage Claim" is not lead single material, at all. And, no shade intended, but you can tell Miranda gets a lot of help with studio trickery. I mean just compare the studio version to the live version...

Anyway, I like it. But, it's just...underwhelming.

I LOVE the Pistol Annies clips, though.

Claire2004

^^I'm not happy with the Carrie reference in the review. lol. Why do critics or bloggers have to mention other artists in their reviews?

epicamends

I was wondering about that dig at Carrie too. Doesn't Taste of Country usually give Carrie great reviews? Or am I thinking of a different site?

Claire2004

I remember Taste of Country gave positive review for RM. I don't know about the other singles, though, I'll check.

Is Eric Church a good songwriter? It's been reported that he and Miranda wrote a bunch of songs together, though it's not been confirmed yet if any of those songs are included in Miranda's album.

carriecountrystar

"Baggage Claim" is the first single from "Four The Record." You can listen to the full song here:

[Audio] New Miranda Lambert Song – Baggage Claim

huh, lead single? so that's the best and strongest song she's got? :confused:

I would think that they would put out the strongest (radio friendly/critic friendly) song out there to make good use of the new found promotion in the spotlight...
why would they just waste it on a so-so single. If I were her, I'd chose a single that could continue the "power".
"Baggage Claim" doesn't seem like lead single material at all.

nccountrygal

I remember Taste of Country gave positive review for RM. I don't know about the other singles, though, I'll check.

Is Eric Church a good songwriter? It's been reported that he and Miranda wrote a bunch of songs together, though it's not been confirmed yet if any of those songs are included in Miranda's album.

I personally don't care for Eric Church but I do like a couple of his songs but as whole I am really not a fan. I would say he is a decent writer.

Also, not sure why the reviewer had to mention Carrie. Personally, I don't think Baggage Claim sounds like anything that Carrie would record. In addition. the song is just okay with me. I like it okay but not sure if it should be the lead single. Anyways, I am just ready for new Carrie music. I sure hope we get a new Carrie single in September.

teesharky

I also think Baggage Claim should not be the lead single. But I am sure there are much better songs on the album, so I am sure it will be good.

teesharky

Why did the review have to mention Carrie and take a cheap shot at her? I don't see the point of that. The comment implied that Carrie's writing and music is weak while Miranda's is usually perfection....and that she mistepped here by sinking to Carrie's level. That was really mean actually, and very untrue.

Jade_kt

Baggage Claim is a nice song. I like it just don't know how strong it is as a first single. But I'm sure country fans will like it. But for me, it's not the strongest song ever.

Last edited:

Jade_kt

Why did the review have to mention Carrie and take a cheap shot at her? I don't see the point of that. The comment implied that Carrie's writing and music is weak while Miranda's is usually perfection....and that she mistepped here by sinking to Carrie's level. That was really mean actually, and very untrue.

I wouldn't worry about it. At the end of the day, the critic's opinion is just that a critic's opinion. The bread is in the pudding. What matters is what the buying power thinks. Carrie seems to do just find sellling the last I check. So long as she continues to please her fans that's mainly what I care about.

Gator

I won't judge, since I'm probably in the minority here. I happen to dislike "Revolution" the most out of ML's albums. I like "Crazy Ex-Girlfrend" the most.

JB172

Reviews are what they are and is only that person's opinion, there are people out there who do not think that Carrie is all that just like there are reviewers who think that Carrie is.

The only "reviewers" who actually matter when it comes to any artist are the ones who actually buy the albums, request songs, go to concerts, etc..

Carrieflattsfan

I like the lyrics/production, but it's lacking the typical Miranda attitude.

This song is unique lyrically, so I have a feeling there will be some awesome songs on this album.
As you guys have said, it's good but nowhere near lead single material. "Heart Like Mine" of this album, IMO.
Someone at Pulse mentioned BC doesn't go for adds for 3 weeks- maybe this is just a test track to see if it's a good idea for a lead single?

HuiZ

Baggage Claim as the first single? I liked the song, sure, but it sounds like a good album track to me at best.

HuiZ

Baggage Claim has been stuck in my head (in a good way) since I heard it. Not a bad thing to have for a single :)

Claire2004

Country Universe review of Baggage Claim:

Single Review: Miranda Lambert, “Baggage Claim”
by Dan Milliken
August 2, 2011

A swing and a miss.

Give Lambert her usual credit for adventurousness: the production on this kiss-off number is rustic and snappy, like some lost 70′s folk-rock nugget. And “Baggage Claim” is an artist’s work, not an assembly-line knock-off; we certainly haven’t heard this central metaphor before.

But it’s not a clever enough metaphor to deliver the good dis it means to, nor is it silly enough to earn points for camp. It’s just kind of…lame.

Throw in a pinched vocal, and the thing just sounds like a throwaway ditty that no one was clear-eyed enough to throw away.

Grade: C

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Single Review: Miranda Lambert, “Baggage Claim”

I like Baggage Claim, granted I don't know if it's lead single material, and it's definitely not my favorite song form her, but I do enjoy it. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the Pistol Annie's album. I want to like the CD because I really like Hell on Heels, but those clips didn't do anything for me.