Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

Carrieflattsfan

Wow!!!

Don't hate me for saying it, but I just really love this with her.
There is a tone to voice, and a natural connection to the lyric that just makes it feel so authentic. I believe every word of it.

I love the choices of instrumentation here much much more than the Miranda studio version.

IF this girl had come out with this, I would have been blown away.

I don't talk alot about Mirandas voice cause I usually just feel like it is a decent enough vehichle to carry the tunes she is singing.
But when I hear a voice like this singing the same material it is such a diccerent experience.

I reallly like this girl. Even more than I did, and I was really starting to.

Now I know of two songs that I wish she would have been allowed to record and release.
Shes great!!

Kacey's take on MBH is much more organic and raw than Miranda's, and I also really dig the production.

You actually feel the same way about Miranda's voice as I do about Kacey's; I find Kacey's tone pleasant, but I don't think her voice was quite strong enough to carry this song. Miranda isn't the strongest singer herself, but she brought an attitude and spunk to the studio recording of MBH that I felt was missing in Kacey's version.

Lately it seems like most producers favor the big, loud, production over the more organic, raw sound, and Miranda has embraced that as of late. A lot of people thought "Revolution" was quite loudly mixed, too. On some of the FTR tracks I couldn't help but notice several of the tracks had "kitchen sink" type production, which makes me think the production ended up exactly as they wanted it.

It seems like a lot of singer/songwriters favor the more organic sound as well; it works if you have a limited vocal range and you need to be complimented, not overshadowed, by the music.

From the sounds of it, Kacey was planning recording MBH for her album, but didn't. Miranda said she had to beg Kacey to let her record the song, and there were rumors going around before the album release that MBH would be included.

OkieChick

She sure fought her way through that song and it was a great performance.

Talk about tugging at your heart strings! Many people in Oklahoma have really come to embrace Miranda and from the talk I'm hearing, that performance was the one I'm hearing the most about. I didn't think I knew anyone that was going to be able to get a ticket to that but my cousin (who lives in OKC) and his friend went and they said there was hardly a dry eye in that place while she was performing that song.

While I am not appreciative of all the love the ACM's and CMA's have given her (and it's not her fault), I am very appreciative of what she and Blake did to get this organized for those affected by the tornadoes. It is apparent their hearts were in the right place and I really enjoyed that concert (even if from my living room). I thought Usher was great as well.

It was also great to see Carrie, Toby, Garth, Trisha and the others that made appearances.

ETA: When the TV cameras were cut off, Usher put on his Healing in the Heartland T-shirt as he, Shelton and contestants from the TV show The Voice kicked off an impromptu mini-concert that lasted almost as long. Shelton, McEntire, Lambert, Rucker and the rest of the singers each performed several songs from their own catalog.

Last edited:

supercarriefan

Miranda's performance was incredibly moving. She poured her heart out.

OkieChick, thanks for that information about what happened after the cameras stopped rolling. I thought perhaps they would put on an extended show for the folks in the arena.

gocountrymusic

I'm not a big crier but I was a big baby last night. This performance, Rascal Flatts, the duet with Usher, you can just tell everyone put their heart and soul into it, even the people that didn't perform. I'm not a big Blake the artist fan but Blake the person I can really appreciate.

Zman312

From Pulse, there will be a FIFTH single from FTR... All Kinds of Kinds.

Wow, I must say that I am shocked! FTR has been done a long time ago such a waste of the label's money! Their biggest mistake was not to make a video for the lead single...lol I would understand if this album was selling a lot but its not so why even invest more money in it...BURN OUT!!!!

She just released her group Album and is working on her solo album. Why not take a break and truly invest on her group effort. Sadly, it's just a side project. I am so sick her winning FV and all those other awards when her craft is mediocre at best!

Pi314CA

wow, i must say that i am shocked! Ftr has been done a long time ago such a waste of the label's money! Their biggest mistake was not to make a video for the lead single...lol i would understand if this album was selling a lot but its not so why even invest more money in it...burn out!!!!

She just released her group album and is working on her solo album. why not take a break and truly invest on her group effort. sadly, it's just a side project. I am so sick her winning fv and all those other awards when her craft is mediocre at best!

THIS!!! I totally agree.

DaisyTweets

Makes the lack of a fifth single from Play On all the more of a head scratcher. And there better be a fifth single from Blown Away!

Of course we're talking about one half of the shoved down our throats couple so you know they just have to keep shoving. Even though the public has spoken that they're lukewarm at best toward this artist, they keep on ashovin'!!!!

Last edited:

supercarriefan

Wow, I must say that I am shocked! FTR has been done a long time ago such a waste of the label's money! Their biggest mistake was not to make a video for the lead single...lol I would understand if this album was selling a lot but its not so why even invest more money in it...BURN OUT!!!!

She just released her group Album and is working on her solo album. Why not take a break and truly invest on her group effort. Sadly, it's just a side project. I am so sick her winning FV and all those other awards when her craft is mediocre at best!

Pistol Annies got the full release week promo treatment which they likely wouldn't have had without Miranda being a part of the group. Hush Hush is not doing much at radio and the group leans more to the alt/neo-traditional side of country which isn't in high demand. Miranda has invested all the time in the world to the group, but if the promo opportunities aren't there, she can't do much about it. She has made she in the past that there is even a Pistol Annies section of her shows on tour, bringing Ashley and Angaleena with her. I have a feeling the label isn't quite ready to fully invest in the group, but will invest in Miranda's solo material. Believe it or not, folks, there is an audience for Blake and Miranda. They might not be your cup of tea, but they are somebody's.
I'm just going to leave the "her craft is mediocre at best" comment alone. All I will say is go listen to some of her album cuts because many are not mediocre at all.

DaisyTweets, I wouldn't call the response to Blake lukewarm at all. His current album and singles have all sold very well, and a lot of people love him on The Voice.

Zman312

Pistol Annies got the full release week promo treatment which they likely wouldn't have had without Miranda being a part of the group. Hush Hush is not doing much at radio and the group leans more to the alt/neo-traditional side of country which isn't in high demand. Miranda has invested all the time in the world to the group, but if the promo opportunities aren't there, she can't do much about it. She has made she in the past that there is even a Pistol Annies section of her shows on tour, bringing Ashley and Angaleena with her. I have a feeling the label isn't quite ready to fully invest in the group, but will invest in Miranda's solo material. Believe it or not, folks, there is an audience for Blake and Miranda. They might not be your cup of tea, but they are somebody's.
I'm just going to leave the "her craft is mediocre at best" comment alone. All I will say is go listen to some of her album cuts because many are not mediocre at all.

DaisyTweets, I wouldn't call the response to Blake lukewarm at all. His current album and singles have all sold very well, and a lot of people love him on The Voice.

I will be honest and say that I wrote that post at 3 am and was just frustrated at how she is all over the place and is winning so many awards. I do like some of Miranda's stuff. (Yes, she is not a great vocalist but she is good.)

i think if they invested more on their group project then they would do better. Plus it's good to space yourself out but I understand that she is in demand now and needs to seize the opportunity. I just feel that she is just doing to much at once and is not giving the best material she possibly could.
Blake is doing very well thanks to the voice, that his platform now and it is doing him great justice. Based on the few episode that I have seen him on the voice, I think Blake is a great judge! Once again, I think his older stuff was better. (Same goes for Carrie, her PO singles were not that great).