Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert "Four the Record" Era

DaisyTweets

Pistol Annies got the full release week promo treatment which they likely wouldn't have had without Miranda being a part of the group. Hush Hush is not doing much at radio and the group leans more to the alt/neo-traditional side of country which isn't in high demand. Miranda has invested all the time in the world to the group, but if the promo opportunities aren't there, she can't do much about it. She has made she in the past that there is even a Pistol Annies section of her shows on tour, bringing Ashley and Angaleena with her. I have a feeling the label isn't quite ready to fully invest in the group, but will invest in Miranda's solo material. Believe it or not, folks, there is an audience for Blake and Miranda. They might not be your cup of tea, but they are somebody's.
I'm just going to leave the "her craft is mediocre at best" comment alone. All I will say is go listen to some of her album cuts because many are not mediocre at all.

DaisyTweets, I wouldn't call the response to Blake lukewarm at all. His current album and singles have all sold very well, and a lot of people love him on The Voice.
Superfan here's my last statement in my post:

Of course we're talking about one half of the shoved down our throats couple so you know they just have to keep shoving. Even though the public has spoken that they're lukewarm at best toward this artist, they keep on ashovin'!!!!

I was participating in the conversation of the announcement of a 5th single from the FTR. My comments were about the public's response to ML.

supercarriefan

Superfan here's my last statement in my post:

Of course we're talking about one half of the shoved down our throats couple so you know they just have to keep shoving. Even though the public has spoken that they're lukewarm at best toward this artist, they keep on ashovin'!!!!

I was participating in the conversation of the announcement of a 5th single from the FTR. My comments were about the public's response to ML.

My apologies. I obviously didn't read carefully enough.

pklongbeach

Interesting choice.
Not quite sure what to make of it cause I don't know what else was on the album to choose from.

Pro's & Con's.....

PRo's: It is well suited for her voice. It feels natural and not forced. It feels country without leaning into a drawl that feels created. The messege of course I am going to be supportive of. (though there are some con's in the choices of stories she chooses to expose). But any song that takes a moment to show tolorance and support for diversity I am going to be supportive of.

Con's: It is not all that well constructed. The stories are so specific that you basically have to accept to tolorate the story or ignore it and acept the greater messege underneath. Its a little hard to show tolorance for someone who "slips children ritillin". So as much as the messege is of tolorance, the specifc stories should not necessarily be "tolorated" ha ha ha...
Finally; I guess I am still alittle miffed at the fact that Mirandas entire career is based on this argument that she is an authentic singer/songwriter and has great success because of it. And yet time after time these songs come up that she has nothng to do with but because the concept of her being a writer is so strong to her image, everyone is allowed to believe that she is the writer of all these interesting songs.
While Carrie, though she has been sharing writing credits from her first album is constantly underestimated cause "all she does is sing". So that arguement among fans and even among critics and reviewers who go so far out of their way to discuss Mirandas writing prowass, still sticks in my side when another song comes along for Miranda that she did not write but it is allowed to be assumed that she did. Or in the case of this reviewer, actually excuses the fact that she didn;t write it cause it is so much within who she is.

No one has ever gone so far in Carries defense to actually excuse her for "not writing a song".

Oh well, final note:

Good vocal, it works well for her.
Lop-sided song that doesn't quite accomplish its goal very well.

(example of a messege song that also tells stories to relay the messege; Wasted. Great song that very suitably tells stories and also has a bigger messege to send. By the end of the song you understand it from both perspectives very clearly.)

nccountrygal

Does anyone know what's going on with the Pistol Annies? My radio station this morning said that all the tour dates with the Pistol Annies have been canceled and that Miranda will take the place of the Pistol Annies on these dates. They also mentioned that the Pistol Annies were supposed to perform at the CMT awards but instead Miranda and Ashely Monroe performed separately.

gocountrymusic

Interesting choice.
Not quite sure what to make of it cause I don't know what else was on the album to choose from.

Pro's & Con's.....

PRo's: It is well suited for her voice. It feels natural and not forced. It feels country without leaning into a drawl that feels created. The messege of course I am going to be supportive of. (though there are some con's in the choices of stories she chooses to expose). But any song that takes a moment to show tolorance and support for diversity I am going to be supportive of.

Con's: It is not all that well constructed. The stories are so specific that you basically have to accept to tolorate the story or ignore it and acept the greater messege underneath. Its a little hard to show tolorance for someone who "slips children ritillin". So as much as the messege is of tolorance, the specifc stories should not necessarily be "tolorated" ha ha ha...
Finally; I guess I am still alittle miffed at the fact that Mirandas entire career is based on this argument that she is an authentic singer/songwriter and has great success because of it. And yet time after time these songs come up that she has nothng to do with but because the concept of her being a writer is so strong to her image, everyone is allowed to believe that she is the writer of all these interesting songs.
While Carrie, though she has been sharing writing credits from her first album is constantly underestimated cause "all she does is sing". So that arguement among fans and even among critics and reviewers who go so far out of their way to discuss Mirandas writing prowass, still sticks in my side when another song comes along for Miranda that she did not write but it is allowed to be assumed that she did. Or in the case of this reviewer, actually excuses the fact that she didn;t write it cause it is so much within who she is.

No one has ever gone so far in Carries defense to actually excuse her for "not writing a song".

Oh well, final note:

Good vocal, it works well for her.
Lop-sided song that doesn't quite accomplish its goal very well.

(example of a messege song that also tells stories to relay the messege; Wasted. Great song that very suitably tells stories and also has a bigger messege to send. By the end of the song you understand it from both perspectives very clearly.)

I actually liked this review more than the one posted of the song. I think the song really suits her voice and matches Miranda's "persona" without sounding to contrived (Fastest Girl in Town). I like the production and it is one of my favorites off Four the Record, but there doesn't seem to much of a unity between the people's different stories that she uses. Still, I think this is the second strongest single off this album although that's not saying much. There are some real gems on this album that I think will go unnoticed but I much prefer this song to the one she recorded with Blake so I'm happy.

gocountrymusic

Wow, I must say that I am shocked! FTR has been done a long time ago such a waste of the label's money! Their biggest mistake was not to make a video for the lead single...lol I would understand if this album was selling a lot but its not so why even invest more money in it...BURN OUT!!!!

She just released her group Album and is working on her solo album. Why not take a break and truly invest on her group effort. Sadly, it's just a side project. I am so sick her winning FV and all those other awards when her craft is mediocre at best!

This is pure speculation and I don't necessarily agree with this mentality but I think the label is trying to keep the momentum that was created from the Digital success of Mama's Broken Heart. If she released another song that was a dud i think the era would of ended. I'm not sure how much the album is selling now but there may be returned interest because of the success of the song. I really like AKOK but I don't see it doing much.

With Play On I feel that the label (pure speculation) felt that they would not get much bang from their buck if they were to release a 5th single. While it did sell more the Revolution, weekly at the time Revolution was outselling Play On so they may have thought that Play On reached its sales potential. Looking at Revolution, I'm sure they saw this album as Miranda's big chance so they wanted to release another single because there was still interest in the product. I'm not saying that the reason Play On didn't get a 5th single was because Miranda's did. I think they were two separate scenarios but the label's reasons in the decision were similar.

Last edited:

pklongbeach

Does anyone know what's going on with the Pistol Annies? My radio station this morning said that all the tour dates with the Pistol Annies have been canceled and that Miranda will take the place of the Pistol Annies on these dates. They also mentioned that the Pistol Annies were supposed to perform at the CMT awards but instead Miranda and Ashely Monroe performed separately.

INteresting. I have not heard anything.
But I do think it is very odd that they got alot of publicity at the launch of this new project and I expected that radio would be fully ready to support it.
And suddenly after that cd release, we see Miranda having a 5th single release (seeming odd for a cd that is basically done) and a PA's single that seems to have flopped at radio; Hush Hush is in the mid 40's on the chart I believe and stalled.

This is not what I would have predicted at all. I expected a full blown push for this project.
And that suddenly seems questiionable.

supercarriefan

The only thing they have said was the dates were canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances". I have to wonder if something came up with Angaleena. She is the only Annie that wasn't at the CMT Awards, and has not been seen around anywhere with the girls in the past few weeks. Perhaps something personal happened with her that required her to take some time away from the group. It is unfortunate timing though, especially since the Annies' tour dates were selling pretty well.

supercarriefan

^^Has there been confirmation somewhere that the issue is something with Angaleena? For them to cancel that many dates, I would say the circumstances must be serious.

pklongbeach

Seems odd.
As a trio, with one out for personal reasons, you would think they would just have a stand-in and still secure the dates they have scheduled. To cancell them all entirely seems like a major shift occured somewhere within.

Also, there is talk online about "refunds", and I rather agree.
If you are paying your hard earned money to see the Pistol Annies, I don't think a Miranda show is a fair exchange.
I would think at least an "option" for a refund is in order.

CARRIE'D AWAY

^^Has there been confirmation somewhere that the issue is something with Angaleena? For them to cancel that many dates, I would say the circumstances must be serious.

No, I'm just assuming it's Angaleena because she wasn't at the CMA Awards. Sorry I made it sound official lol. It's probably a personal issue that she doesn't want to be known or maybe an illness of some sort. I don't know but I hope they get back out on the road soon. The article says no details are available so it must be an issue they are keeping hush, hush.....pardon the pun.:rolleyes:

Marie2011

I have mixed feeling about Miranda 5th single I love the song and want it to do well on country radio but on the other hand I want it to bomb because I want Carrie to be the most played female country artist in 2013. Carrie better release a 5th single after see you again peaks at #1 so it can be a win win instead of an win lose or lose win situation

pklongbeach

I'm still not feeling a 5th single for Carrie. But I can dream can't I?
(the only hope is that the label feels like they want product out there as we approach the Fall and the big plans she has for that season. If that is the case, than they will want to continue to promote the album with another single to point people toward it while Carrie is on peoples minds.
But as it looks now, SYA will peak in about August. There won't be much time for another single.

As for Miranda, I am shocked that they are going with a fifth single. I am assuming there must be alot of product still in the market place that they hope to get moved.

Claire2004

Some boxscores for Miranda:

George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Quebe Sisters Band
Alamodome
San Antonio, Texas
June 1, 2013
$7,256,763
73.086 /73.086
1 /1
$150, $125, $99.50, $20
The Messina Group/AEG Live

Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley, Randy Houser
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, N.Y.
April 20, 2013
$338,210
7.198 /8.450
1 /0
$49.75, $29.75
Live Nation

Zman312

Some boxscores for Miranda:

George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Quebe Sisters Band
Alamodome
San Antonio, Texas
June 1, 2013
$7,256,763
73.086 /73.086
1 /1
$150, $125, $99.50, $20
The Messina Group/AEG Live

Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley, Randy Houser
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, N.Y.
April 20, 2013
$338,210
7.198 /8.450
1 /0
$49.75, $29.75
Live Nation

Holl Sh!t!!!! That is very ompressive, was this a festival or an actual concert? with these kind of number she deserves EOTY! (What do GS usually plays too? I know he has a very strong concert following!)

Her number for the second show is good but with a co-headling event and in June it could of been better!

nccountrygal

Holl Sh!t!!!! That is very ompressive, was this a festival or an actual concert? with these kind of number she deserves EOTY! (What do GS usually plays too? I know he has a very strong concert following!)

Her number for the second show is good but with a co-headling event and in June it could of been better!

That is George Strait's tour not Miranda's. I think Miranda is a guest on a few of his tour dates. George has been playing to those kind of numbers.

Claire2004

Found another article about Miranda's next album, this part makes me nervous lol:

She'll go into the studio in August to make the follow up to her highly successful Four the Record album and she says, "I think I'm just gonna have fun because I've been serious a lot. I've written songs about killing people and sad songs, and I really want to do a tour that's just a lot of fun, so I want to do an album with more fun songs." There will still be serious Miranda Lambert-style songs but she says she's been inspired by her husband Blake Shelton's latest album, Based on a True Story. "I really loveBlake's new record. It's fun. And I think that's one thing that got me thinking about that.He'ss such a fun guy. It's like he's constantly waiting, on edge, to laugh at every turn. And that's how his record is. So I'm kind of inspired by that."

Fun is good. As long as she does not include songs similar to Boys Round Here lol.