Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert, Ronnie Dunn Announcing ACM Noms on February 1st!

Kizmet311

Wow, lol, you guys are harsh on Miranda! I don't think she deserved the EOTY nod at the CMA's yet (neither did Lady A or ZBB), but I kinda got over that when Brad won since I felt like he was rewarded for his career as opposed to just the last year. I happen to be one of those people that thought Miranda deserved a lot more recognition with her first two albums (mainly in terms of radio airplay) so I'm not going to be too upset if she gets nominations for FVOTY, songs, singles, and albums. Videos, while I would like Carrie's to be nominated, I don't get too upset over those, because they never seem to nominate the best videos. Carrie has had some of the best videos of her career during the Play On era and I would like to see one of them get acknowledged, as well as TH for song.

Miranda is not as appealing to the masses, but I think she is appealing to the core country audience which is who these award shows should be worried about. Personally, I've seen her live a few times and always enjoy her show. Of course, I always want Carrie to be nominated and win against whoever her fellow nominees are, but I know it's not realistic and as much as I love Carrie and want her to sweep every award show, she isn't always the best nominee when it comes to the album, song, single and video categories. FVOTY and EOTY, on the other hand, I think she should win every year. :D

JB172

Wow, lol, you guys are harsh on Miranda! I don't think she deserved the EOTY nod at the CMA's yet (neither did Lady A or ZBB), but I kinda got over that when Brad won since I felt like he was rewarded for his career as opposed to just the last year. I happen to be one of those people that thought Miranda deserved a lot more recognition with her first two albums (mainly in terms of radio airplay) so I'm not going to be too upset if she gets nominations for FVOTY, songs, singles, and albums. Videos, while I would like Carrie's to be nominated, I don't get too upset over those, because they never seem to nominate the best videos. Carrie has had some of the best videos of her career during the Play On era and I would like to see one of them get acknowledged, as well as TH for song.

Miranda is not as appealing to the masses, but I think she is appealing to the core country audience which is who these award shows should be worried about. Personally, I've seen her live a few times and always enjoy her show. Of course, I always want Carrie to be nominated and win against whoever her fellow nominees are, but I know it's not realistic and as much as I love Carrie and want her to sweep every award show, she isn't always the best nominee when it comes to the album, song, single and video categories. FVOTY and EOTY, on the other hand, I think she should win every year. :D

Stacey that is a GREAT point about Miranda and her appeal to the core country audience.

teesharky

Miranda Lambert is turning into the new SWSRN!!!

except that she can sing on key. lol kidding. Miranda is 100000x better then SWSRN. And at least she doesn't pander to pop radio or remix her songs, so I respect her for that.

I think they are over-pimping Miranda right now though, to the exclusion of everyone else. It is getting kind of annoying, but I do still like Miranda.

It is just getting boring, as lately, it seems that she gets to announce every nomination for every award show. It is getting kind of old.

But at least she is talented, and at least she is country. So if we have to endure someone being over-pimped out, at least it is an authentic country artist, and at least respectable competition for Carrie rather then a poptart offkey singer. lol

12russ79

except that she can sing on key. lol kidding.

No, I like Miranda. I do think she is starting to get a little bit overexposed lately, as she seems to announce every nomination for every award show. It is getting kind of boring.

But at least she is talented, and at least she is country. So she is WAY better then SWSRN. lol

Im not refering to talent level im just starting to see her and Blake everywhere... LOL
Miranda is great artist but trying to be everywhere cant be good for her career longterm!!!

Carrie Country

Miranda Lambert is turning into the new SWSRN!!!

No way unlike Taylor......Miranda can sing and actually has talent......and writes songs about something other than boys.......sorry Russ but not even close my friend......SWSRN is in a category of her own they call her country music when she's not country she's pop all the way!!!!!

Claire2004

except that she can sing on key. lol kidding. Miranda is 100000x better then SWSRN. And at least she doesn't pander to pop radio or remix her songs, so I respect her for that.

I think they are over-pimping Miranda right now though, to the exclusion of everyone else. It is getting kind of annoying, but I do still like Miranda.

It is just getting boring, as lately, it seems that she gets to announce every nomination for every award show. It is getting kind of old.

But at least she is talented, and at least she is country. So if we have to endure someone being over-pimped out, at least it is an authentic country artist, and at least respectable competition for Carrie rather then a poptart offkey singer. lol

This is why I said it feels like deja vu, lol. It's like ACMs copying CMA lol. But I love the ACMs because of course Carrie won her EOTY lol, plus the fact that Miranda's album was first recognized there - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend won AOTY while it was ignored at the CMA, right? And it was repeated with Revolution.

And oh my gosh, I agree, Miranda is not the new SWSRN, no! lol

undrwood9098

Guys, don't worry. I'm betting on Miranda getting EOTY, FVOTY, S(o)OTY, S(i)OTY, and VOTY nods, so that's probably why she's presenting the nods. However, I'm betting on Carrie getting an EOTY (as should everyone, seeing as she had one of the biggest years of her career, she already won the past 2 years consecutively, and unlike the CMAs, there's 8 nominees), an FVOTY is a lock, and I won't be surprised if she got one or two of the S(o)TY, S(i)TY, or VOTY nods.

Y'all need to calm down. The ACMs love Carrie. She's got 10 awards, including a prestigious Triple Crown. Remember that. :)

Carrie Country

Teesharky....everywhere I look is Taylor.....was in the store the other day she's on magazine covers......get on CMT there's always an article about her on there every single day.....nah with SWSRN it's overexposure......every time I turn around there she is Miranda and everybody else who actually deserves that kinda attention could only be so lucky.......it would sure be nice if SWSRN would go away for awhile so others would get the attention they earned!!!!!

Claire2004

I've read somewhere that some are predicting future award shows, well probably not this year lol, to become a lot more competitive in the FVOTY department, with established artists like Leann Rimes, Sara Evans, Martina McBride and possibly Faith Hill all with comeback projects. We'll just have to continue supporting Carrie!

Carrie Country

I've read somewhere that some are predicting future award shows, well probably not this year lol, to become a lot more competitive in the FVOTY department, with established artists like Leann Rimes, Sara Evans, Martina McBride and possibly Faith Hill all with comeback projects. We'll just have to continue supporting Carrie!

I will always love and support Carrie........but if Martina were to have a comeback......I would be happy to see that.......It's been a long time since she won an award any award period.......I bet our sweet Carrie herself would love to see that too.......after all Martina was the queen of country and it was Carrie that took the crown from her!!!!!

Zman312

^lol, I don't know about that! For some reason, I feel like Carrie lost respect for her and Martina resent Carrie; after all Carrie took that vocalist away from her! Martina have pipes but so does Carrie!

I don't get the hoopla about Faith! She is ok to me, love Reba's personailty. Love Lee Ann Womack mellow, soft tender voice! Miranda also sings beautiful tender songs but she seems to be limited!

Taylor id just plain awful! I kills me that she won FV just as it killed me that Miranda and Lady A were nominated for EOTY!

teesharky

I always respect you and all you have to say. I just have never really cared for Miranda or her attitude which only seems to be nice when she's winning something. I remember the pout she had on even when she accepted ACM new artist of the year or whatever. I really don't like how they are trying to make Blake and Miranda the new Tim and Faith. Its'' sort of cringe worthy. I've never really cared for Miranda, but the more I see of her the less she appeals to me lol.

lol I like both Miranda and Blake, but I don't like how they are trying to make them the next Tim and Faith either. That is what annoys me too. lol

teesharky

Teesharky....everywhere I look is Taylor.....was in the store the other day she's on magazine covers......get on CMT there's always an article about her on there every single day.....nah with SWSRN it's overexposure......every time I turn around there she is Miranda and everybody else who actually deserves that kinda attention could only be so lucky.......it would sure be nice if SWSRN would go away for awhile so others would get the attention they earned!!!!!

agree. But unfortunately, Taylor's team is an express train that keeps on steaming along, destroying everything in its path. The only ones that are having success at stopping her train, are the country music voters, and country radio. Both the country voters and country radio have significantly cooled toward Taylor in the last year. Her songs are not doing as well on radio, and she is not winning any country industry awards anymore. The Grammys snubbed her this year too, which was pretty shocking (and nice to see- lol)- as she didn't get any noms even though Mine was eligible, etc.

But because she keeps selling so many albums to her tween fans, she will keep getting nominated and keep getting magazine covers, etc. Her love life is splayed out on the cover of every magazine and is the subject of every song, so she will remain a tabloid darling for awhile, anyway. She knows how to work the system for maximum press and attention, that is for sure. lol

Pi314CA

I always respect you and all you have to say. I just have never really cared for Miranda or her attitude which only seems to be nice when she's winning something. I remember the pout she had on even when she accepted ACM new artist of the year or whatever. I really don't like how they are trying to make Blake and Miranda the new Tim and Faith. Its'' sort of cringe worthy. I've never really cared for Miranda, but the more I see of her the less she appeals to me lol.

I kinda agree with you. Seems like Miranda is very limited in excelling in large settings and fits best in country settings/events such as this ACM nomination announcement. I don't think Miranda has the charisma, charm and personality to handle being in front of the camera and the spotlight. Not dissing her as many do not possess this either. Carrie, on the other hand, has all that and is now so comfortable being in "big' situations (e.g CMA host, singing National Anthem). Her mass comm education surely helps.

Zman312

I disagree with you on the Miranda comment. I don't think we are being harsh on her, but being pretty honest. Yes, she is talented and deserved accolades but that doesn't mean reward for ONE song! Unfortunately, her previous work did not attract many people unlie like Carrie or Taylor. Music is subjective and what may be Great to one may be average to another. I am one of those few people who like Miranda but am not blown away by her like I am for Carrie (Her whole-some image is realy love her more and more everyday, along with her humbleness and sincereity). The problem that I have with Miranda at the moment is that I feel like COUNTRY is trying to make her the new poster girl when she is not! She had two hits! BIG WHOOPIE!!! I honestly think this will damage her career more than hurt her, she was already bashed for CMA nominations as they were over kill. She did not deserve FV last year at the ACM because THTBM is eligible for this year not last! This year, she had one BIG hit, while Carrie had 3. I am sure Miranda will win FV again because I fell like country is not willing to give Carrie FV again atm.

I agree that not everyone of Carrie songs, videos should be nominted. There are other artist who have better song and Carrie just not might make the cut! I am ok with her not winning album! That's subjuctive but FV and EOTY is based on WHAT THEY HAVE DONE DURING ELIGIBITY PERIOD! Clearly you can't take that away! Carrie deserved CMA EOTY nominationa and wether she won or not was a different thing, but to nominated Miranda over Carrie was an insult! Based on number, Taylor deserved her CMA EOTY but vocalist is a differnt story (I am focusing on vocals)! I like to be fair. I know that WE LOVE CArrie and want everything she can but not everything she will release will be the best of the bunch.

Once again, Miranda does not deserve to be over-nominated. She is not the TOP COUNTRY ACT, she is not the TOP FEMALE RADIO ARTIST, she is not the TOP FEMALE TOURING ARTIST. Her ONE song did great, and this song deserves SOTY but not everything else. Miranda Lambert EOTY---------> HELL NO!!!!

These are my predictions for ACM EOTY:
Carrie
Brad
Keith
Taylor
Tim McGraw
George
Zac Brown Bad
Reba (she toured with George and she deserve it as she is still pulling in #1 and is pretty DAMN GOOD!)

Lady A probably will get a nom as they are TOP COUNTRY ACT this year! Lady A deserved EOTY nom more than Miranda!!!

Sorry for the rant but I am just so sick of all the Miranda love and how she deserves it because she was not recognized on her first two albums. I feel that she is the most over-rated COUNTRY act at the moment!!!