Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert, Ronnie Dunn Announcing ACM Noms on February 1st!

Carrie Country

agree. But unfortunately, Taylor's team is an express train that keeps on steaming along, destroying everything in its path. The only ones that are having success at stopping her train, are the country music voters, and country radio. Both the country voters and country radio have significantly cooled toward Taylor in the last year. Her songs are not doing as well on radio, and she is not winning any country industry awards anymore. The Grammys snubbed her this year too, which was pretty shocking (and nice to see- lol)- as she didn't get any noms even though Mine was eligible, etc.

But because she keeps selling so many albums to her tween fans, she will keep getting nominated and keep getting magazine covers, etc. Her love life is splayed out on the cover of every magazine and is the subject of every song, so she will remain a tabloid darling for awhile, anyway. She knows how to work the system for maximum press and attention, that is for sure. lol

Yeah but ya know Taylor's express train ain't no match for our sweet Carrie's which has rarely ever been stopped and has been known to stop others ALL ABOARD WOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!(!)

Jade_kt

I'm okay w/ Miranda getting FVOTY, SOTY, etc. The only one I think she didn't desire was the EOTY nomination. Carrie should have gotten that over her. Carrie toured her butt off! To a million fans nonetheless. So goes the excuse of not paying dues crap they used to use on Carrie. Carrie paid her dues; she should have gotten nominated. I would have been okay w/ her losing EOTY but she desired a nomination at least, especially over Lady A and Miranda imo. If they didn't want Carrie to have the nomination, they should have at least given it to Tim Mcgraw or some other veteran/headliner instead then. It's like they changed the rules to fit their agenda or just voted for their favorite instead. Hopefully the ACM's are better than the CMA's but I'm not putting too much stock into it, especially if its the same voters voting.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is a performance by Carrie. Hopefully they don't take that from her too.

Last edited:

teesharky

I disagree with you on the Miranda comment. I don't think we are being harsh on her, but being pretty honest. Yes, she is talented and deserved accolades but that doesn't mean reward for ONE song! Unfortunately, her previous work did not attract many people unlie like Carrie or Taylor. Music is subjective and what may be Great to one may be average to another. I am one of those few people who like Miranda but am not blown away by her like I am for Carrie (Her whole-some image is realy love her more and more everyday, along with her humbleness and sincereity). The problem that I have with Miranda at the moment is that I feel like COUNTRY is trying to make her the new poster girl when she is not! She had two hits! BIG WHOOPIE!!! I honestly think this will damage her career more than hurt her, she was already bashed for CMA nominations as they were over kill. She did not deserve FV last year at the ACM because THTBM is eligible for this year not last! This year, she had one BIG hit, while Carrie had 3. I am sure Miranda will win FV again because I fell like country is not willing to give Carrie FV again atm.

I agree that not everyone of Carrie songs, videos should be nominted. There are other artist who have better song and Carrie just not might make the cut! I am ok with her not winning album! That's subjuctive but FV and EOTY is based on WHAT THEY HAVE DONE DURING ELIGIBITY PERIOD! Clearly you can't take that away! Carrie deserved CMA EOTY nominationa and wether she won or not was a different thing, but to nominated Miranda over Carrie was an insult! Based on number, Taylor deserved her CMA EOTY but vocalist is a differnt story (I am focusing on vocals)! I like to be fair. I know that WE LOVE CArrie and want everything she can but not everything she will release will be the best of the bunch.

Once again, Miranda does not deserve to be over-nominated. She is not the TOP COUNTRY ACT, she is not the TOP FEMALE RADIO ARTIST, she is not the TOP FEMALE TOURING ARTIST. Her ONE song did great, and this song deserves SOTY but not everything else. Miranda Lambert EOTY---------> HELL NO!!!!

These are my predictions for ACM EOTY:
Carrie
Brad
Keith
Taylor
Tim McGraw
George
Zac Brown Bad
Reba (she toured with George and she deserve it as she is still pulling in #1 and is pretty DAMN GOOD!)

Lady A probably will get a nom as they are TOP COUNTRY ACT this year! Lady A deserved EOTY nom more than Miranda!!!

Sorry for the rant but I am just so sick of all the Miranda love and how she deserves it because she was not recognized on her first two albums. I feel that she is the most over-rated COUNTRY act at the moment!!!

I do agree that it feels like country music is making her the new poster girl, and that they are unwilling to give Carrie another Female vocalist win. It seems that Carrie has reached her quota of awards, at least for now. :(

teesharky

I'm okay w/ Miranda getting FV, SOTY, etc. The only one I think she didn't desire was the EOTY nomination. Carrie should have gotten that over her. Carrie toured her butt off! To a million fans nonetheless. So goes the excuse of not paying dues crap they used to use on Carrie. Carrie paid her dues; she should have gotten nominated. I would have been okay w/ her losing EOTY but she desired a nomination at least, especially over Lady A and Miranda imo. It's like they changed the rules to fit their agenda or just voted for their favorite instead. Hopefully the ACM's are better than the CMA's but I'm not counting on it.

agree. The voters are hypocrites and frauds. Even Kenny Chesney said that he considered EOTY to be a touring win, and that you had to pay your dues to get it. By nominating opening acts like Miranda, Lady A, and Taylor (in 2009 she was an opening act half the year, for Rascal Flats- but she won EOTY anyway)......you are breaking your own rules, CMA voters. Hypocrites. They changed their own rules, just to screw Carrie out of EOTY. I despise those people.

Last edited:

Jade_kt

Well if all fails and the ACM's turn out to be like the CMA's, at least we have the Soul Surfer movie to look forward to and also new Carrie music in the future :D Plus, if Carrie gets screwed over again at least we don't have to watch this time around since Carrie isn't hosting :D

Last edited:

Jade_kt

I'm hoping for the best and trying to be optimistic but it's hard to after the CMA's :( I lost faith in the CMA's that day.

Last edited:

Zman312

HIL, I feel the same way. CMA was a ridiculious, not because Carrie lost but the over-nominations of Miranda Lambert! However, Miranda only have one song for AcM, unless they decided to to rewatd OP! Let's see what happens!

carebear4eva

If Carrie isn't nominated for any awards this year, let's all pledge NOT to watch the ACMs, and to spread the word....hopefully their ratings will drop bu like 2 mill from carebears alone!

hjj

Well since Carrie is still the lead female act on radio air play and the lead female tour and overall one of top tour artist I would definitely not watch if she does not get any nominations. I fully expect her to get nominated for FV and EOTY.

Carrie Country

I'm watching the ACM's no matter if our sweet Carrie gets nominated or not because I like so many other artists besides her I love music period!!!!

teesharky

^ me too. I do like alot of other artists besides Carrie, including Miranda. I just find it odd that Miranda announced the nominations for both the CMAS, Grammys, and now ACMS. What is up with that? Usually they alternate artists that present the nominations. odd.

teesharky

I think my problem was more this being a repeat of the CMA's. Miranda announced those, and now the ACM's. I too feel like they are trying their best to give her as much as they can. I don't really feel she's deserving of FV. It is subjective, but Carrie's had a much better year than her all the way around. I feel like "TPTB" are just giving her awards away because she's already won enough, not because someone else is more deserving. As far as FV being more competitive in the future I say bring it on. I think Martina, Faith, Shania, are on a Carrie level of success and deserve the accolades if their year is great. As far as Sara Evans goes, well I've seen her concert as well lol:rolleyes: Just wanted to apologize to any fans I may have offended about my Miranda comments. I don't feel like I'm being harsh, but if I am I'm sorry.

Miranda also announced the Grammys, so that is 3 in a row. Very very strange. They usually alternate the announcers and give others a chance.

CMAS 2010- September 2010
Grammy nominations- december 2010
ACMS nominations- February 1, 2011

Zman312

WHAT!!!!

Tee, if Carrie was snubbed for all categories, you would still watch the ACM? I THINK NOT!!! You would be fuming...lol

Jade_kt

Even though I will miss some other country artists if I don't tune in (i.e. Brad, Keith, Reba, etc), I'll live. But yeah, I'll only watch if Carrie is going to be there cause she's my favorite.

Jade_kt

^^^^The CMA's made me dread the announcements....lol. Sorry for being gloomy. I'm in a bad mood today. Maybe I will be more positive tomorrow. I'll just hope for the best today.

Jade_kt

When does the ACM's come on anyways? Wondering if Mike will be able to attend if Carrie does go to the ACM's.

rainbow1

^ me too. I do like alot of other artists besides Carrie, including Miranda. I just find it odd that Miranda announced the nominations for both the CMAS, Grammys, and now ACMS. What is up with that? Usually they alternate artists that present the nominations. odd.

Maybe thats their way of striking back at us!!:mad: