Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert, Ronnie Dunn Announcing ACM Noms on February 1st!

Jade_kt

Personally don't really care who announces the nomination. That I'm not concerned about and really don't even pay attention to that anyways. The only thing I care about is if Carrie will be nominated or not and/or if she will be performing/attending or not. If she isn't nominated for EOTY, I just hope they at least nominate someone like Tim M. or a major headliner instead. That was my only issue w/ the CMA nominations. I still think Carrie will be nominated for FVOTY but Miranda will probably win that. TH has a chance at a SOTY nomination but will probably go to Miranda for the win since they seem to be favoring her more and the critics seem to love her. Even though imo, TH had more meaning to me and I prefer it over THTBM and Carrie will always be my favorite for FVOTY. But if Miranda wins, I can live w/ that as THTBM was a great song. The EOTY snub from the CMA's was the one that hurt the most though. So now I'm just not so sure about how the voters will vote after that.

Last edited:

Jade_kt

^^^Well I still prefer Miranda way more than TS. So I don't mind her. She can sing at least and is country. I just hate the CMA snub for EOTY and hope it doesn't spill over to the ACM's is all.

Last edited:

Zman312

With 8 nominees for the EOTY category, I think it's safe to say Carrie will be nominated and she is the reigning 2x EOTY winner! Also after the CMA snub, Carrie will be front and center for the nomination!

Claire2004

^^Yes, I agree with the EOTY nomination. But I wonder how willing are they to give the award to Carrie for the 3rd consecutive year? Because EOTY is still partially industry-voted, right?

Zman312

Yes, but are they willing to give it to Taylor? Let'e be honest, since it's fan voted it's between TS and Carrie! Ae they willing to reward Carrie for a 3rd time or give it to TS. Next here, however TS can't be stopped as Carrie won't be nominated or shouldn't be since she won't tour! LET"S SEE HOW THINGS PLANY OUT!!!

Jade_kt

I thought someone said the EOTY is now industry voted and not fan voted this year or is it still both fan and industry vote. Confused.

Zman312

Last I heard, it was still both! BEATS ME!! If it's industry voted alone than Brad will win, if not than it's between Carrie and Taylor!

Zman312

With 8 nominees, I just can't see how they won't nominate Carrie...if she is not nominated than we haveanother thing to worry about!

Jade_kt

^^^True the ACM's have been good to Carrie. So w/ 8 nomination slots, there is a greater/good chance she will be nominated. I just need to get this CMA bitterness out of my system is all :)

undrwood9098

Some of y'all are REALLY overreacting with the whole Miranda thing.

So she's presenting, but by no means does that guarantee her the awards in her possession. Carrie's year was bigger than anyone else's, and to be quite honest, that's not even an arguable statement. It's pretty much a fact. 2010 simply was Carrie's year. Did other's have mega success? Sure; Lady A, Miranda, Reba, Taylor, Keith, Tim, Brad, Blake, etc. However, nobody had a year on the same caliber as Carrie. The only reason people are saying Lady A and Miranda had the biggest years is because those were their breakout years, whereas Carrie's breakout year was a few years back in the 2006/2007 era (or whenever the BHC-Wasted era was). In reality, Carrie had the absolute BIGGEST year of all Country artists.
I'm not worried at all for these ACM nominations. She is an easy lock for EOTY and FVOTY, and if that's all she gets, then so be it! We can vote our butts off and get her that 3rd EOTY trophy, as we have done in the past 2 years.

Calm down with this whole "Miranda's presenting so she'll win everything and I won't watch!" nonsense, because you know that Carrie will get 2 nominations at the very least. I won't be surprised if she pulls out 3 to 5 nods, to be honest. She's on such a high ranking right now, and that's coming from an unbiased perspective.

Let's all just RELAX and worry about the Oscar nods tomorrow morning. Once we get past that (nod or not), we can brace ourselves for the influx of nods Carrie will be getting. :)

Jade_kt

^^^Oh thanks for the peep talk and cheering me up. I feel better now :) You are right. Think its time for me to just eat some ice cream to cheer me up from my funk, crankiness.

Jade_kt

Surprised they didn't have both Miranda and Blake announcing together but instead its Miranda and Ronnie Dunn together.

HuiZ

^^^True the ACM's have been good to Carrie. So w/ 8 nomination slots, there is a greater/good chance she will be nominated. I just need to get this CMA bitterness out of my system is all :)
With ACM eligibility period being Jan 1-Dec 31 2010, i.e. the full year of the highly successful and acclaimed Play On Tour, two #1 hits etc.... AND on top of that, EIGHT nomination slots.... if Carrie doesn't get a nomination for EOTY, then there is some seriously messed up politics behind the scenes imo.

DaisyTweets

Yes, but are they willing to give it to Taylor? Let'e be honest, since it's fan voted it's between TS and Carrie! Ae they willing to reward Carrie for a 3rd time or give it to TS. Next here, however TS can't be stopped as Carrie won't be nominated or shouldn't be since she won't tour! LET"S SEE HOW THINGS PLANY OUT!!!
I think you mean next YEAR you think that Carrie won't be nominated and if that's what you meant I'm not sure I follow your logic in your statement. Carrie's win in 2010 was for a similar year like I think she'll be having this year(2009) -- meaning a relatively off year with album writing, recording and album release. I wouldn't be so sure of handing any true country award to swsrn anymore. It is my belief, that it was the industry voting that in the end gave Carrie her EOTY awards. As you have pointed out in other posts, arguably Carrie and swsrn have the two biggest fan bases, so IMO, the tiebreaker if you will is the industry vote.

I think that each year Carrie does lots of stuff that truly makes her a GREAT ambassador for country music. Taking all things into account even though she might have a lite touring year there are other things that keep her out there and representing the country music genre.

JB172

When does the ACM's come on anyways? Wondering if Mike will be able to attend if Carrie does go to the ACM's.

If he is still playing for Ottawa, they play the night before but then don't play again until that Tuesday, so he might be able to go.

However his name is being brought up in a lot of trade rumors and even though the Sens GM has said he will not trade Mike, what GM's say and what GM's do can be two different things. The trade deadline is Feb.28th.