Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert - Wildcard Era

Farawayhills

Some updates on Miranda's recent activity:

1. She received the Gene Weed Award at the ACM Honors. A highlight was her performance with Keith Urban of "The House That Built Me" (credit to Deborah Meissner for the video)

Apparently, Miranda asked for Keith Urban to present the award, as he was the first major artist she toured with. These are extracts from his presentation speech (credit to Taste of Country and CMT for the quotes): "She did what I used to do: whoever I was opening for, I used to sit in front of the stage and watch every show and I’d be taking mental notes She was there at the front desk for my show every night we played. And I remember thinking, ’I know that person really well.’"
"You followed your muse wherever you went. You made the records you wanted to make. You stayed true to yourself, and here you are accepting this award.”

2. Miranda was asked by reporters about surpassing Reba McEntire's award tally. In her reply she seems to be hinting (as she has on previous occasions) that it's time for her award days to end (Credit to RanFanCentral for this quote):
“Maybe only in ACMs. I’ll never surpass Reba! I’m thankful that I‘ve had all the wins I’ve had and also happy to pass the torch to someone else. I’m appreciative, but I feel spreading the love is more important than taking home a trophy.”

3. Earlier, Miranda posted three photos of her attending the Pride events with her husband Brendan, her brother Luke, and Luke's partner

https://twitter.com/mirandalambert/status/1145453766344400896/photo/1

The first is at the parade in New York City, and the other two that evening, at the Blazing Saddles, a Gay Country Bar. As well as the Pride cap, she wore a Janis Joplin shirt, and posted the rainbow sign, and the hash tag "ally". The shirt the fan is wearing with the logo "We should all be Mirandas" partly reflects her song "We Should Be Friends", and partly a campaign on social media by fans and Gay allies to support her from criticism from some posters. Most close fans will have long been aware that Miranda has been to Gay bars on other occasions, has posted rainbow signs before, and has previously released a number of songs considered to be Gay-friendly. However, there was some outbreak of social media hostility over her attendance at this event - I think the reason for that being, firstly that it alerted more casual fans and general Country Music listeners to her support, and secondly that the Pride event is a more public, and (for some) a more controversial display - acceptance of sexual diversity has grown much more in society, but it is still unusual for a Mainstream Country Music artist, even if sympathetic, to appear so publicly at an event regarded by some Conservatives as assertive and politically charged. Hence, it is to be expected that there will be some negativity and loss of support - but that is likely to be balanced by others approving of her stance. When I looked at her Instagram post, it had over 138,000 "likes", and the negative comments were being robustly countered by fans. In any case, Miranda's music has been individualistic in its mixture of Country, Rock and Americana influences, and has always been divisive for Country purists - in that sense, she is probably less dependent on tastes and approval from the more socially conservative fans in the Mainstream genre.

4. Miranda and Luke have been celebrating their parents 40th wedding anniversary, (and also the 60th birthday of the ever-glamorous Beverley!). She posted these four family photos - and what pleases me is that I have seldom seen Miranda looking so happy as she does these days.

https://twitter.com/mirandalambert/status/1165662125878108160/photo/4

Farawayhills

Audio for "Way Too Pretty For Prison" is available on You Tube

You Tube followed it with "Use My Heart" - one of her 2016 songs that came close to my idea of perfection! (I'm afraid it does rather underline that the new album may end up being my least favourite in Miranda's repertoire - which doesn't mean it's going to be a bad album, just that it's doing less for me personally, on early evidence). I'll hold off on more detailed comment till we get the whole thing.

(So far, "Bluebird" is my favorite of the new songs, though. The album's due out on All Hallows Day - which, by coincidence will also be likely to be a day of sorrow and anger for my political dreams - not the best of omens for me, lol. I'll keep this stanza from "Bluebird" handy to cheer me up:
"If the whole wide world stops singing and all the stars go dark, I’ll keep a light on in my soul and keep the bluebird in my heart".)

Momin

This one, I'm not too sure about. Yes, it's a fun, witty song. I like the lyrics and how the song is structured. But I find it a little too similar to IACOITW. The melody structure is the same to me. And that's something that's a little disappointing. I was expecting a very different vibe from the song though.

Momin

Yes absolutely. And I like that better because it had tones of dark humor, tongue-in-cheekness and, what I perceived as, a little cynicism with life. I thought this might have some commentary on the trials of being a woman or something. But anyway, I wish both of them success with this song. It will most likely be a single at some point.

Farawayhills

The official video for "It All Comes Out In the Wash" has been released. Directed, as usual, by Trey Fanjoy, it's a straightforward, fun video, to suit the song, not adding any additional storyline. It begins with Miranda and Gwen driving a Ford Bronco truck through plenty of mud, and ending up needing a thorough treatment at a car wash. It also includes shots of Miranda singing on stage, backed by Michael Rinne on electric bass and Boo Massey on lead.

lizcarlo

The official video for "It All Comes Out In the Wash" has been released. Directed, as usual, by Trey Fanjoy, it's a straightforward, fun video, to suit the song, not adding any additional storyline. It begins with Miranda and Gwen driving a Ford Bronco truck through plenty of mud, and ending up needing a thorough treatment at a car wash. It also includes shots of Miranda singing on stage, backed by Michael Rinne on electric bass and Boo Massey on lead.

Like the video. Miranda looks so cute.

jaymiee

Video was fun but was expecting something with more of a storyline and better video for the lead single tbh...

Farawayhills

Miranda posted her longest series of tweets in quite a while, about her vintage airstream trailer. (She used to post a lot at one time, of random whimsy, often funny and occasionally controversial, about her thoughts and feelings, but hasn't really done that much in recent years). The airstream always follows her on tour, and she uses it to relax with friends and tour mates. It's been decorated for her by her friends, the two sisters who run Junk Gypries, a retro art and salvage store. I think the fact that she's sharing thoughts in this way is another sign that's she's more at ease, after a long period of stress and turmoil in her life.

"This is TJ. [her driver] He pulls our 1955 flying cloud airstream@WandaTWanderer to every show we play. She is a rolling bar named after my mother’s mother who we lost last spring. A gem of a woman who always had a feisty personality and a whiskey in her hand. Wanda has been on the road for 8 yrs and is our center. The place where the whole tour gets together to celebrate what we do. She is a little piece of home on the road for all of us. TJ inspired me this week. I got to the venue on Friday and he had the biggest smile on his face. He showed me all the things Wanda had done to tune her up for the tour. New screen, new wheels, a polish, and the best part is he had her crown repainted and replaced the missing rhinestones she had lost along the road in the last few years.To me that is a metaphor for this life. Sometimes you lose a rhinestone or 2 but you keep your crown on. Thanks TJ! We all appreciate you. This show tonight at @BankNHPavilion marks the end of the summer run & the beginning of rehearsals for the #RoadsideBarsandPinkGuitars Tour. An all female lineup. I can’t wait to play music with people I love for fans we love. See y’all out there. Let’s go girls! @marenmorris @ElleKingMusic @tenilletownes @Cayleehammack @AshleyMcBryde @pistolannies"

(Probably doesn't mean much to people who don't follow her - but I think it's a little sign of a return to a more carefree Miranda, from the days before her first marriage. Some people like to make a big deal about her chart, sales and tour numbers - but I don't think that's a priority for her. She loves making the music she wants, touring and performing with and for people she relates to - and that seems to be what drives and fulfills her in her professional life.)

Momin

I don't know much about her social media activity in the early days but this sound so sweet. Thanks for the share!

Farawayhills

^^ Definitely one of the best tracks so far, in my opinion - I think the musical progression is particularly interesting.

(According to this site:
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pretty-vs-*****in
"Pretty vs. *****in' refers to a meme popular within Tumblr fandoms in which characters are compared between how they appeared in wholesome contexts ("pretty") and more edgy contexts ("*****in'")."

gocountrymusic

Finally a song that I love. I was getting really nervous. The first 10 seconds of instrumental grabbed me right away and I was hooked all the way through.

Of the other songs I think Locomotive is probably my second favorite. I love the energy and Crazy Ex vibes, I just it gave me a little more lyrically. Wash and Way Too Pretty sound distractingly similar and I'm slightly disappointed with the latter especially just because it is pretty predictable of where it is going to go. Bluebird is a solid song but for whatever reason it doesn't immediately grab me.

adam1995

While I like the songs well enough. I don't think I will buy this album. I'll listen to it, but all the songs so far don't seem like they make an album I want to listen to.

Farawayhills

I love this version - it is a revival of an Elvin Bishop song from the 1970s, and is another example of Miranda's interest in covering Blues and Rock material. The difference is that instead of just including it in concerts, as she has tended to do with other songs, she's actively promoting this, through Vanner records and Sony Music, for sale and streaming on all major outlets. She's joined here by most of the women on the current leg of her Pink Gitars and Roadside Bars tour - Marren Morris, Ashley McBryde, Tenille Townes, Elle King and Caylee Hammack The harmonies are great, and I particularly like Tenille's and Elle's stand out solos, as the Blues edge in their voices suit the song so well. I think this is performed with mainly a mixed session band, but Miranda's steel player, Spencer Cullum, who's played a big part in her music from the last few years is in evidence here.

Smokyiiis

Wow,I’m impressed. Well done with delicious standout vocals and mesmerizing harmonies. Love the distinctive differences in their voices melding together in the song. Reminds me of the 50th anniversary song for the CMAs and a little bit of https://youtu.be/cYJOPdOEdZA. Simply because of the major differences in the uniquenesses of the voices. Kelly was the glue in my example and I think Townes is above.

Momin

I also love how the song does not change the female pronouns and it's women singing about women. Ha!