Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More speculation that SLT may be the next single

abbeyjones18

I still don't think that MS was a mistake...now, if it peaked only in the Top 20, it would've been a mistake...I mean, it's sad that MS ended Carrie's streak, but I think that it was kind of cool to see a song that not everyone loved and to see it become a #2 hit...it proved people wrong, in my opinion... :)

allamericangirl8

I think that's where Album of the Year, Song of the Year, etc, comes in. Because at the end of the day, it's the lyrics that matter, not the voice, IMO. Otherwise, Carrie would be nominated and would win everytime.

I disagree with this entire post, but particularly this part.
A) She shouldn't and doesn't take awards into consideration when she writes music.
B) Awards are NOT determined by lyrics. I'm sure you guys remember JAD and TH losing to WH and THTBM.
C) Awards are seldom given to the best nominee.

I fail to see how MS was a mistake, by the way. I agree with abbey, and I thoroughly enjoyed catching it on the radio.

12russ79

Whitney is friends with Carrie so this info is pretty reliable!!!
And i for one am ecstactic i think SLT is the perfect spring leading into summer song!! Sassy Carrie is always a big hit and this will be no exception!!!

court

I disagree with this entire post, but particularly this part.
A) She shouldn't and doesn't take awards into consideration when she writes music.
B) Awards are NOT determined by lyrics. I'm sure you guys remember JAD and TH losing to WH and THTBM.
C) Awards are seldom given to the best nominee.

I fail to see how MS was a mistake, by the way. I agree with abbey, and I thoroughly enjoyed catching it on the radio.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, and I know mine is not one that a lot of people would agree with.

As for MS, I understand why Carrie decided to release it, and like when Kelly Clarkson released her album that everyone but her hated and didn't want released - I am proud of her for making that decision, even though she was probably asked to choose something else...but I still don't think it had any business being released as a single. Not because it was/is a horrible song, but because she had better songs to choose from on the album. SWISLY would have been a PERFECT choice, IMO...and I think that my frustration with MS stems from my annoyance that SWISLY will now most likely never see the light of day, and was for me, the best song on the album...and one of the best that Carrie ever recorded to date.

Awards aren't everything and Carrie has plenty of them, but I still would love to see her win Album of the Year, just once. And I'm still waiting on that day that I know will come where Carrie has 12 or 14 songs that will make up a piece of art that everyone will remember her for. I think the best is yet to come, and I'm looking forward to it.

allirishgirl

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, and I know mine is not one that a lot of people would agree with.

As for MS, I understand why Carrie decided to release it, and like when Kelly Clarkson released her album that everyone but her hated and didn't want released - I am proud of her for making that decision, even though she was probably asked to choose something else...but I still don't think it had any business being released as a single. Not because it was/is a horrible song, but because she had better songs to choose from on the album. SWISLY would have been a PERFECT choice, IMO...and I think that my frustration with MS stems from my annoyance that SWISLY will now most likely never see the light of day, and was for me, the best song on the album...and one of the best that Carrie ever recorded to date.

Awards aren't everything and Carrie has plenty of them, but I still would love to see her win Album of the Year, just once. And I'm still waiting on that day that I know will come where Carrie has 12 or 14 songs that will make up a piece of art that everyone will remember her for. I think the best is yet to come, and I'm looking forward to it.

i really did not like My December

court

i really did not like My December

I wasn't a huge fan either, but I liked that Kelly, as an artist, stood up for what she believed in. She didn't care if the record execs or fans liked it - she cared that SHE liked it and wanted to put something out there with her stamp on it, no matter what the end result was.

allirishgirl

I wasn't a huge fan either, but I liked that Kelly, as an artist, stood up for what she believed in. She didn't care if the record execs or fans liked it - she cared that SHE liked it and wanted to put something out there with her stamp on it, no matter what the end result was.

agreed.
i still think Breakaway was her best

allamericangirl8

I appreciate your articulate response.

I see that you are not frustrated that MS was released, but rather that the best songs were not released essentially. In this case, you are most definitely not alone. How WCIS did not see a release is beyond me.

I would like to see Carrie win these awards too, but not because she has done everything to qualify. She shouldn't work for the Grammys; the Grammys should be working for her. Haha.

court

I appreciate your articulate response.

I see that you are not frustrated that MS was released, but rather that the best songs were not released essentially. In this case, you are most definitely not alone. How WCIS did not see a release is beyond me.

I would like to see Carrie win these awards too, but not because she has done everything to qualify. She shouldn't work for the Grammys; the Grammys should be working for her. Haha.

Yes - and it's not that I don't believe that Carrie never recorded an amazing song or even ten of them, but they were either randomly picked out of her albums, or not released. Some artists are fortunate enough to have an entire album of these songs - not just good or catchy...but truly great. I want her to release an album that tells a story...fits together like a puzzle...it's such a rare thing nowadays. I mean, who listens to entire albums anymore? Most of my favorite music is from a long time ago, and I'm not even thirty yet, lol. I don't know...maybe those days are over.

I'll never understand how JAD and TH didn't get more recognition. It's one thing not to win, but to not even be nominated? And Carrie's not the only one...there are actors out there that don't get noticed for certain things that they do either. Like Christian Bale said last night in an interview - there are SO MANY films that just get passed over...TV shows too (HELLO Lie to Me)...

I seriously would love to interview a voter and be like, "What's up with that?"

LMAO!!!

UGH...I just want more from Carrie. Yesterday. Saw her twice last year in concert and I'm ready for the next one. She's my favorite...any friend or family member could tell you that I've made that abundantly clear. Hell, I'm wearing the purple shirt from her tour as we speak. :p

allamericangirl8

I so wanted a concept album about the Cowboy Casanova! Like a back story to him and a story of a girl falling for him and the fallout and etc. So much creativity could've oozed out of just that one song! :p I think that's why SH is my favourite Carrie album. CR has the best collection of songs, but SH songs are all connected in my opinion. But yes, I would LOVE for Carrie to legit do a concept album.

Kinda random, but I freaking LOVE Christian Bale. So cute. And he's Batman.

I feel your pain about Lie to Me. It's no secret that I'm a huge Castle fan. :/

court

I so wanted a concept album about the Cowboy Casanova! Like a back story to him and a story of a girl falling for him and the fallout and etc. So much creativity could've oozed out of just that one song! :p I think that's why SH is my favourite Carrie album. CR has the best collection of songs, but SH songs are all connected in my opinion. But yes, I would LOVE for Carrie to legit do a concept album.

Kinda random, but I freaking LOVE Christian Bale. So cute. And he's Batman.

I feel your pain about Lie to Me. It's no secret that I'm a huge Castle fan. :/

Christian Bale is an indie film actor at heart, but he's one of those guys that likes to push the envelope and do roles that others would never touch. He kind of stepped out of that with Batman, but overall, he definitely thinks outside the box. And he is a hottie! lol

Lie to Me is amazing. It's so creative and smart and the actors are stellar! Tim Roth? Superb! And Kelli Williams is by far one of the most UNDER-appreciated actresses I know of. Her work on The Practice went unnoticed as well. I've heard about Castle...think I might enjoy it (I've seen the main actor in one of my favorite movies - Waitress - LOVE HIM). There have been many TV shows that fans LOVED and just couldn't save...I'll never understand how the process works. It just sucks that people can do such a fantastic job, and at the end of the season, they're on pins and needles unsure of whether or not they'll have a job in X amount of months. Sometimes I think there are simply TOO many things to choose from...so things get missed. :shrug:

Concept Album for Carrie FTW!!!

teesharky

I am so confused with what is going on. lol I wish they would just announce something to put us out of our misery. lol

First, assuming this info is true, why wait 2 months to release a new single? MS peaked the first week in January pretty much, so what was the holdup in releasing a new single? Why the big gap?

Second, they already performed SLT at the CMAS, so there won't be a SLT performance at the ACMS. So it is kind of an odd choice. I would have preferred WCIS, Quitter or SWISLY, but I LOVE SLT too, so I am fine with it at this point... as I just want SOME kind of activity here.

Everything feels so secretive and chaotic right now. I don't think they were planning to release SLT since they already performed it at the CMAs as a throwaway, filler song kind of thing. Odd.

carriecountrystar

Honestly, I wish that they would just release a duet or a song not on the album, because I know that uptempo is next, and the only songs that I'd want her to release at this point would be ballads. MS was a mistake, and SLT would be one, too. At least from my perspective. I love Carrie, but I'm ready for what comes next...what I haven't heard. And I hope she finally gets some meaty material...I just feel like everything she's done isn't as far or as deep as she's capable of. I think that's where Album of the Year, Song of the Year, etc, comes in. Because at the end of the day, it's the lyrics that matter, not the voice, IMO. Otherwise, Carrie would be nominated and would win everytime.

I know what you mean. As much as I love the songs on Play On, I feel the songs on play on don't do enough justice to carrie's vocals or what she's capable of. carrie is still growing as an artist and her potential is very great. I can't wait until she comes out with a record that has a strong theme and connection in between as a whole and one that will make a huge mark in her career and country music. I'd love to see her win album awards too.
Carrie is capable of of that kind of incredible work.

carriecountrystar

Yes - and it's not that I don't believe that Carrie never recorded an amazing song or even ten of them, but they were either randomly picked out of her albums, or not released. Some artists are fortunate enough to have an entire album of these songs - not just good or catchy...but truly great. I want her to release an album that tells a story...fits together like a puzzle...it's such a rare thing nowadays. I mean, who listens to entire albums anymore? Most of my favorite music is from a long time ago, and I'm not even thirty yet, lol. I don't know...maybe those days are over.

I'll never understand how JAD and TH didn't get more recognition. It's one thing not to win, but to not even be nominated? And Carrie's not the only one...there are actors out there that don't get noticed for certain things that they do either. Like Christian Bale said last night in an interview - there are SO MANY films that just get passed over...TV shows too (HELLO Lie to Me)...

I seriously would love to interview a voter and be like, "What's up with that?"

LMAO!!!

UGH...I just want more from Carrie. Yesterday. Saw her twice last year in concert and I'm ready for the next one. She's my favorite...any friend or family member could tell you that I've made that abundantly clear. Hell, I'm wearing the purple shirt from her tour as we speak. :p

JAD and TH are such underrated songs. seems like they're always overlooked by a huge breakout type of single (Love story, HTBM). it's such a shame >.<
She's gotten standing Ovations for both performances and surprisingly enough-the songs never get the respect that should be given. It's like almost becoming a norm for carrie to get #1s and ovations that they don't think much of it and is overlooked but when someone who never gets #1s or ovations suddenly come out with a successful single or 2 then they get all the attention for those songs.