Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More speculation that SLT may be the next single

robinannhunt

I wasn't a huge fan either, but I liked that Kelly, as an artist, stood up for what she believed in. She didn't care if the record execs or fans liked it - she cared that SHE liked it and wanted to put something out there with her stamp on it, no matter what the end result was.

And her decision stalled her career. Are you happy about that?

teesharky

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, and I know mine is not one that a lot of people would agree with.

As for MS, I understand why Carrie decided to release it, and like when Kelly Clarkson released her album that everyone but her hated and didn't want released - I am proud of her for making that decision, even though she was probably asked to choose something else...but I still don't think it had any business being released as a single. Not because it was/is a horrible song, but because she had better songs to choose from on the album. SWISLY would have been a PERFECT choice, IMO...and I think that my frustration with MS stems from my annoyance that SWISLY will now most likely never see the light of day, and was for me, the best song on the album...and one of the best that Carrie ever recorded to date.

Awards aren't everything and Carrie has plenty of them, but I still would love to see her win Album of the Year, just once. And I'm still waiting on that day that I know will come where Carrie has 12 or 14 songs that will make up a piece of art that everyone will remember her for. I think the best is yet to come, and I'm looking forward to it.

agree. I want Carrie to win Album of the year at the CMAS and maybe country album at the Grammys. She already won Album of the year at the ACMS for SH, but she needs to win at the CMAs and grammys. I truly feel they have not stuck to a theme for her albums since SH, and that makes the critics nitpick at the album as a whole. CR and PO are amazing albums, but the song order was a bit off on PO, and Change/TH disrupted the theme she had going on relationships. MS should have been at the end of the album instead of song 3, and Change should have been an itunes charity single. I love the song but it was out of place with the theme on PO, and it disrupted the theme. The critics attacked Change and TH the most in their reviews. I love TH, but again, throwing inspirational ballads randomly on an album makes the album seem haphazard and sloppily put together, as those types of songs do not fit with relationship songs. She should do a whole album of inspirational songs if she likes, and I would run to buy it, but those songs disrupt the theme of an album like PO, which started so strong, about love, etc.

The fact that people never heard the best songs on PO is a shame. I was fine with MS as an album track, but it should not have been a single. If even many of her fans feel this way (and we defend her for everything to everyone lol)-- then why didn't the label care what anyone thought about the song? It is very confusing. I wonder what kind of testing they did to pick the singles for this era. They should have tested it to a wider market as clearly, they did not listen to what the fans and critics were feeling about SWISLY or WCIS, etc.

supercarriefan

If SLT is the new single, that's awesome! I love that song, and I would have personally preferred it as a single over UI.
However, if it's not the next single, then I hope we get that duet with Brad because it is sure to be wonderful as well.
Let's hope that we get some sort of official confirmation about the single rumors soon :).

Gator

One would think that we would learn of a single release directly from the label first, before hearing about it from a radio station. :confused:

Zman312

I honestly don't understand why they would release the 5th so late when MS stayed on the for over 5 months. This gap between singles is just weird!!!!

Oh well, at least we get something!!!

Smokyiiis

If SLT is the new single, that's awesome! I love that song, and I would have personally preferred it as a single over UI.
However, if it's not the next single, then I hope we get that duet with Brad because it is sure to be wonderful as well.
Let's hope that we get some sort of official confirmation about the single rumors soon :).

I very respectfully disagree. I think the two songs are most alike of all the songs on the Play On Album. I am afraid that it will not do well for that reason. I was afraid for MS the very minute I found out it was going to be the last single, and as it turned out, rightfully so. It ended her career streak of #1's. I just felt it was too much like DFTRM in that respect. If another song is honestly going to be released after this much time has passed, I can only hope it will be SWISLY or WCIS. Somehow I don't feel like it would be WCIS since she's performed this on TV in her own special. JMHO.

I honestly have a hard time believing her label would allow this much time to pass before releasing another single. Something's screwy in Denmark.

teesharky

^ something is definitely screwy in Denmark. lol This whole 2 month silent dead period is very strange.

It Brad's duet with Carrie is the next single, then everything fits together perfectly, and there is our explanation. But if the duet is not next, then why did Carrie's label need this down time when they could easily have released a 5th single in January? so odd.

12russ79

I have a Great Uncle that gets up every morning drinks a fifth of Gin and gets up on his roof and crows like a rooster for a 1/2 hour and he lives in Denmark.... LOL So you guys just might be right.....
I however think that the label had a change of heart and because of fan reaction decided to release a fifth single after all!!!!! GO SONGS LIKE THIS KICK ASS AND PROVE EVERYONE WRONG........ Uh oh now im being overdramatic!!!!!

Last edited:

undrwood9098

I'm certainly not against SLT by any means. It'll be an easy #1 for Carrie, IMO. Radio eats up all of Carrie's "done me wrong" songs (BHC, LN, CC, UI), and they've all been enormous sellers. I don't see why it couldn't be a successful single!

However, WCIS, SWISLY, or the Carrie/Brad duet would be much better choices. :p But, if SLT is the 5th, then I'll still be happy. The PO era just isn't ready to end yet.

Carrie Country

Many have said there isn't going to be a 5th single but I really don't think it's true.......if Songs Like This is the next single......I am all for it I will support it all the way......and do everything to make it our sweet Carrie's 14th #1......so I hope it is......I am ready to vote and stream again!!!!

Carrie Country

I have a Great Uncle that gets up every morning drinks a fifth of Gin and gets up on his roof and crows like a rooster for a 1/2 hour and he lives in Denmark.... LOL So you guys just might be right.....
I however think that the label had a change of heart and because of fan reaction decided to release a fifth single after all!!!!! GO SONGS LIKE THIS KICK ASS AND PROVE EVERYONE WRONG........ Uh oh now im being overdramatic!!!!!

Songs Like This.......Quitter......Look At Me......Someday When I Stop Loving You......The Phone Book even.......cuz ya know what?.....this warrior doesn't give a crap what the next single is because I do not believe the rumors that there's not going to be another one from Play On......I'm ready to kick it in to high gear once again and start voting, streaming and requesting like the crazy LUNATIC!!!! of a Carrie fan I am.......we need to prove EVERYBODY!!!! wrong.......the ACM's......the CMA......the SWSRN fans......and bashers and trolls on the GAC, CMT site articles all WRONG......our sweet Carrie and her Army of warriors WILL!!!!! be back........we will never go away......Carrie will never go away she will be #1 again.......GO CARRIE WOOT WOOT WOOT Shzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Claire2004

If SLT is the next single then we will hear the confirmation within the next few days right? Maybe Carrie will confirm it at the Opry show.

Jade_kt

I'm hoping SWISLY or WCIS gets released if they are going to release a song from PO but at this point I will take anything so if it's SLT then I'm on board :)

carriefanna

I don't think that Carrie would be releasing another single...I think it's far too late for that. After taking the year off, and saying she's writing new music for a new album...,which if the timing is the same as the past 3 albums we should be seeing something early to mid fall, I don't feel that any single at this point would meet it's full potential.. /: Sorry. Just my opinion.

Jade_kt

I wish Carrie could blog and tell us if there is going to be a new single or not until the new album comes out or what the next plan is. It's this not knowing that I think is driving people crazy....lol. Hopefully we have a surprise duet or something...lol....or some word as to what is going on or going to happen next....lol. Oh well at least we have the Opry thing this week to look forward to at least. Maybe she will give us more information then.