Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More speculation that SLT may be the next single

court

And her decision stalled her career. Are you happy about that?

If that meant that she stayed true to who she was, then yes. Things like that are worth it, IMO. And people still know who Kelly is today...she seems to be doing just fine.

The Nanook

If Carrie's reading this, formula for the next album and albums after that:
More Quitter, Get Out of this Town, All-American Girl; less Cowboy Casanova, Undo It, Songs Like This, Last Name.
More Wasted, The Night Before Life Goes On, That's Where It Is, Starts With Goodbye, etc.; less Mama's Song, DFTRM.
More Jesus Take the Wheel, Just A Dream, What Can I Say; less Change, Play On, Crazy Dreams, Some Hearts.

As much as a signature sound/song type BHC, LN, FOTF, CC, SLT, and UI are, I think Carrie really needs to branch out her upbeat singles more. Get Out of this Town is such a good "feel good" song and fits the roadtrip feel perfectly and should have been released instead of Last Name, in hindsight since LN didn't do as well as they were hoping. AAG is one of Carrie's signature songs and appeals very well to not only a very specific demographic but casual listeners too; they should make more songs like that. If she continues the "boys suck" and inspirational ballad theme, she's going to eventually end up like Rascal Flatts and what Brad Paisley is quickly turning into with all of his mediocre, comedic, sarcastic songs.

As fun as SLT is, it is too late to release it or any song for that matter. If they were going to release an upbeat song it should be Quitter. Now that the streak is unfortunately over, it's kind of true that Carrie doesn't have to release singles worrying about them all going #1. She can experiment a bit and Quitter would have been perfect for that. While MS not hitting #1 is sad, hopefully it's motivation and an opportunity for Carrie and her team to try recording and releasing new material and slowly let go of the old formula.

Smokyiiis

As fun as SLT is, it is too late to release it or any song for that matter. If they were going to release an upbeat song it should be Quitter. Now that the streak is unfortunately over, it's kind of true that Carrie doesn't have to release singles worrying about them all going #1. She can experiment a bit and Quitter would have been perfect for that. While MS not hitting #1 is sad, hopefully it's motivation and an opportunity for Carrie and her team to try recording and releasing new material and slowly let go of the old formula.

Well said and similar to how I feel.

12russ79

*60 62 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Songs Like This 43 29 14 0.599*

Heres some hard numbers instead of speculation...LOL *This is the Mediabase position for SLT right now.
Picking up a number of spins but losing chart position. *That means that Whitneys show isnt on alot of stations. Also the spins are coming at night and not worth many AIs hence the fall on the chart because of all the officially released songs passing SLT. So in other words other then Whitney saying it there is no other sign that SLT is about to be released to radio. Of course this could change quickly but right now Whitney is way out on a limb all by herself. But for some reason my personal opinion is that she is right!!!!

FreeCountry22

i rather Carrie stay hush hush for a while and come back this fall with a VENGEANCE!!!! I want her name and her songs more in demand then they ever have before and I think stoping with Mama's song works. Its closes the CD with a great vocal and a wrap up of whats been "Playing On" in her life.

cassie2

Staff member
Just thought I would mention that Carrie posted on a thread this morning on the OFC. The thread was "would you ever sing at church again". The point is that Carrie has been very active lately on the boards, so I know she's aware of our inquiring minds! :rofl:

Carrie Country

Just thought I would mention that Carrie posted on a thread this morning on the OFC. The thread was "would you ever sing at church again". The point is that Carrie has been very active lately on the boards, so I know she's aware of our inquiring minds! :rofl:

Holy crap I wish our sweet Carrie would post here for those of us that can't or don't want to spend the money on the OFC price!!!!

Kizmet311

So would she ever sing at church again? lol

She said church was the one place where she doesn't have to be "Carrie Underwood". She said that she still sings at church, just not on stage. :D Basically, she doesn't want to take her work to church.

Brie26

Wonder if SLT really could be the next single??? I just wish something would be confirmed!! However, Carrie opened the CMAs with SLT, so what could she sing at the ACMs?? WCIS is my fave song from PO, so it would be my single choice!

carriecountrystar

More Quitter, Get Out of this Town, All-American Girl; less Cowboy Casanova, Undo It, Songs Like This, Last Name.
More Wasted, The Night Before Life Goes On, That's Where It Is, Starts With Goodbye, etc.; less Mama's Song, DFTRM.
More Jesus Take the Wheel, Just A Dream, What Can I Say; less Change, Play On, Crazy Dreams, Some Hearts.

As much as a signature sound/song type BHC, LN, FOTF, CC, SLT, and UI are, I think Carrie really needs to branch out her upbeat singles more. Get Out of this Town is such a good "feel good" song and fits the roadtrip feel perfectly and should have been released instead of Last Name, in hindsight since LN didn't do as well as they were hoping. AAG is one of Carrie's signature songs and appeals very well to not only a very specific demographic but casual listeners too; they should make more songs like that. If she continues the "boys suck" and inspirational ballad theme, she's going to eventually end up like Rascal Flatts and what Brad Paisley is quickly turning into with all of his mediocre, comedic, sarcastic songs.

completely on the same page. I especially like the feel and structure of "get out of this town", "that's why it is" "starts with goodbye". those were penned in a very unique and different way and sure #1 songs!!
songs like "wasted", "all american girl" were the more different type of songs carrie usually sings but turned out to be amazingly successful then her other usually released songs.

Jade_kt

Wonder if SLT really could be the next single??? I just wish something would be confirmed!! However, Carrie opened the CMAs with SLT, so what could she sing at the ACMs?? WCIS is my fave song from PO, so it would be my single choice!

I hope she sings Quitter....hahaha.

lilstar

I think the whole problem is record company changes. I must say--when i bought my Play On CD-it had a sticker on the front saying : includes the hits : and it listed only the 4 songs she released. But then---apparently, 19 split with arista Nashville, all those artists left, all the personel changes; the record Co is probably ain a bit of confusion. I was actually hoping the cut off meant she was changing record companies-and Play On was tied with Arista Nashville. She had to break clean. --But apparently that is not going to happen. It sure didn't seem like the record company was much help to her, but i don't know who was responsible for what; Record Co, 19. her management, her publicist-don'y know who was dropping the ball! -hopefully, it will be better now !!!

abbeyjones18

I think the whole problem is record company changes. I must say--when i bought my Play On CD-it had a sticker on the front saying : includes the hits : and it listed only the 4 songs she released. But then---apparently, 19 split with arista Nashville, all those artists left, all the personel changes; the record Co is probably ain a bit of confusion. I was actually hoping the cut off meant she was changing record companies-and Play On was tied with Arista Nashville. She had to break clean. --But apparently that is not going to happen. It sure didn't seem like the record company was much help to her, but i don't know who was responsible for what; Record Co, 19. her management, her publicist-don'y know who was dropping the ball! -hopefully, it will be better now !!!

American Idol split with Sony...their contract was up...

Jasu1112

I know!!! How about Carrie and Brad duet on What Can I Say! That would take care of everyone!! I'd love it!!

teesharky

19 seems to be doing a very good job for Carrie. They got her the superbowl and other huge gigs.

But her label is doing diddly squat. All they care about is promoting Miranda right now. They are totally dropping the ball when it comes to Carrie.

teesharky

agree! I love all of Carrie's songs and albums-- but they need to release more happy, fun, catchy upbeat love songs, or if not love songs-- then songs like Wasted, AAG, This Time, Quitter, Get out of this Town, etc.

I love BHC, Undo It, CC, SLT, etc-- but they are sticking to this formula lately of edgy bad boy songs, and inspirational ballads. It is getting predictable. Enough of both--- time for more love songs, more midtempo, catchy, upbeat radio monster hits.

She can release an entire album of inspirational ballads someday-- and maybe even a gospel album- and I will gladly run in line to buy it. But I think she needs to stick with one theme for the next album-- and not throw in some inspirational songs, some edgy bad boy songs, etc-- as it disrupted the theme.

A good album flows from start to finish--- like the Dixie Chics' Home album. That was the best album of their career. Every song was amazing, and they all flowed together in one theme- love, heartache, and relationships. It was like a work of art.

Carrie has it in her to release an album even BETTER then Home, but her team needs to help her stick to a theme and not deviate this time. Save songs like "Change" for an itunes charity single, or for an entire album of inspirational songs, etc. I would totally buy an album like that from her someday...but right now-- she needs to do more upbeat happy love songs, more mushy, beautiful, sad love songs like SWISLY or IKYW, etc.