Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My reply to the "Miranda Lambert queen of country music article"

CALEBJOE

In the nicest way possible let me just that reading these posts made my blood boil just a bit. Not sure how many times it has to be pointed out that there was no bashing of ML after the ACM noms. People were citing verifiable facts and their opinions, not bashing anyone. If you want to see bashing, then head right on over to GAC or CMT and read all the disgusting things posters are saying about Carrie. It doesn't matter that neither site has Carrie's name in the title, she's still an artist and a human being with feelings and she doesn't deserve some of the bashing that goes on at those sites.

And why is it we mostly see your posts when you feel we need reprimanding for what you deem some posters have done wrong? I would love to know if on the ML forum you post at, if you defend Carrie and reprimand the Ran fans like you do here? And please don't try to say it doesn't happen on her forums because we all know it does!
Well let me just say that most of Rans members that are actually on her site actually hate this stuff as much as anyone they have seen what is going on CMT and GAC and have said that those people are not representing Miranda in a good way.And many of them like here have stopped going to CMT and GAC.And i wouldn't say people are out right bashing Miranda on here they are ticked off at the politics going on.The only other thing i will say that is offensive is i have seen the this term thrown around by a poster flavor of the month referring to Miranda that is childish and really annoying.I didn't like that term when people used it on Carrie when she started winning awards and it's a word that should not be used ever because i know Carriefans for sure did take offense when people would say it just saying.

teesharky

Well let me just say that most of Rans members that are actually on her site actually hate this stuff as much as anyone they have seen what is going on CMT and GAC and have said that those people are not representing Miranda in a good way.And many of them like here have stopped going to CMT and GAC.And i wouldn't say people are out right bashing Miranda on here they are ticked off at the politics going on.The only other thing i will say that is offensive is i have seen the this term thrown around by a poster flavor of the month referring to Miranda that is childish and really annoying.I didn't like that term when people used it on Carrie when she started winning awards and it's a word that should not be used ever because i know Carriefans for sure did take offense when people would say it just saying.

That is good to hear. I do see alot of really nice Miranda fans on twitter, and I like them. I don't go to her actual fan sites because people told me they all hated Carrie there so I figured it was better not to go there.

Good to know that is not true, and that many Miranda fans do like Carrie, and vice versa. :)

Whoever keeps sending the dog the negative posts is just hurting Miranda. I would never show Carrie all the mean posts said about her from Taylor and some Miranda fans on CMT, GAC, etc. It would really be hurtful for her. So I don't get why someone is showing negative posts to the dog.

CALEBJOE

That is good to hear. I do see alot of really nice Miranda fans on twitter, and I like them. I don't go to her actual fan sites because people told me they all hated Carrie there so I figured it was better not to go there.

Good to know that is not true, and that many Miranda fans do like Carrie, and vice versa. :)

Whoever keeps sending the dog the negative posts is just hurting Miranda. I would never show Carrie all the mean posts said about her from Taylor and some Miranda fans on CMT, GAC, etc. It would really be hurtful for her. So I don't get why someone is showing negative posts to the dog.
Tee i have also seen a post to Taylor fans about the code for her on here SWSRN so we have a troll coming here for some reason trying to get everyone riled up on them boards.As far as Miranda fans liking Carrie there are quite a few that do like her and vice versa.But i also know there are some Miranda fans that don't like Carrie and i'm sure there's a few Carriefans that don't like Miranda which is fine.But there needs to be a boundary of respect for both just some of these fans get a bit carried away i feel like i am playing monkey in the middle some times have had it out with a few bad apples that are Miranda fans just like i have for Carrie fans.

robinannhunt

Yes respect is definitely a need in both camps. You have to give credit to any person who is famous in a good way for doing what they do. They have a following that is proud of them.

DaisyTweets

Tee i have also seen a post to Taylor fans about the code for her on here SWSRN so we have a troll coming here for some reason trying to get everyone riled up on them boards.As far as Miranda fans liking Carrie there are quite a few that do like her and vice versa.But i also know there are some Miranda fans that don't like Carrie and i'm sure there's a few Carriefans that don't like Miranda which is fine.But there needs to be a boundary of respect for both just some of these fans get a bit carried away i feel like i am playing monkey in the middle some times have had it out with a few bad apples that are Miranda fans just like i have for Carrie fans.

Well the bottom line for me is that I haven't seen 'negative' stuff said about Miranda on this site. Like I said in a prior post, I don't read all the threads or all the posts so there may be some I haven't seen. What troubles me is that you come here and say we need to have respect when I don't think anyone has posted anything that is out of line. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because that happens to disagree with or is different from your opinion doesn't mean that the person is being disrespectful or negative or that the person can't voice their opinion. It certainly doesn't mean that anyone can tell someone else that they have to stop posting or expressing their own opinion.

For some on this board Miranda and her music, just isn't their cup of tea. And hey, that's ok and its ok to say that. That isn't being disrespectful or negative, that's just having an opinion!

carriecountrystar

^ I'm thinking the dog could very much be possibly controlled (are have assessed to) by miranda and/or someone very close to her. wasn't miranda's picture of her ring first twittered by the "dog"?

teesharky

Well the bottom line for me is that I haven't seen 'negative' stuff said about Miranda on this site. Like I said in a prior post, I don't read all the threads or all the posts so there may be some I haven't seen. What troubles me is that you come here and say we need to have respect when I don't think anyone has posted anything that is out of line. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because that happens to disagree with or is different from your opinion doesn't mean that the person is being disrespectful or negative or that the person can't voice their opinion. It certainly doesn't mean that anyone can tell someone else that they have to stop posting or expressing their own opinion.

For some on this board Miranda and her music, just isn't their cup of tea. And hey, that's ok and its ok to say that. That isn't being disrespectful or negative, that's just having an opinion!

I am not sure what the negative comments were, exactly, that were shown to the dog. She didn't specify.

Claire2004

Seems to me the main agenda of the writer of that Miranda-Lambert-queen-of-country article is to stir up trouble. When you make blatant comparisons among the top 3 female country artists you know you are going to irk the fanbases.

I know Carrie wouldn't want to be called queen of country this early in her career, she has so much respect for the legends to want this title prematurely. And again, queen of country is such a subjective title. lol.

DaisyTweets

I am not sure what the negative comments were, exactly, that were shown to the dog. She didn't specify.

Well I'm not going to lose any sleep over anything that has been said on our site. I think we've been respectfully voicing our own opinions!

Bottom line, IMO there's no way that once Carrie's & Miranda's individual resumes are laid out side by side, there is ANY doubt as to who has had thus far the greatest impact on country music. Who has represented and continues to represent country music in the best possible way whether it be via live performances, cd sales, singles on radio, headlining tours or in the media. Carrie has it in spades over Miranda! And Carrie ain't going anywhere!

teesharky

I hope the rumor of the duet with Brad Paisley is true! Jimmy Carter apparently said it today. If so, I will be one freakin' happy camper! lol

teesharky

yes go to the songs chart threads! :)

Jimmy carter said Carrie will be doing a duet with Brad for his new album! If so, I am going to be so freakin' stoked! :) :)

HuiZ

I have to say though... I wish this site is closed to non-members like some other fan sites. Hate to have haters lurking around.

pklongbeach

Hey Calebjoe,
I for one, really aprreciate you coming in and keeping it real. What you like what you don't like. And that Ran fans are very similar in that they don't wish to hang on the negative either.
I for one, don't mind that trolls go back and forth with info, I don't have a thing to hide. And I don't say anything that I wouldn't wnat the world to read. And I feel like you are an honest representation of fans who like both and find it hard to stay positive while you are reading negative stuff about both.
But we do appreciate you being honest and stating your intentions up front.
And you probably recognize me as one who can be pretty hard on thnigs I don't like. But knowing you are here trying to love Carrie I will try to be lighter on the ML rants.
But understand, my frustration comes from feeling like Carries limits are being drawn by businessmen who don't care about her, and that gets my blood boiling. So when you're girl Miranda is set up as the figure the businessmen have chosen to upset Carries accomplishments, it makes your girl a target. I know thats wrong. but it happens.
IF someone engages me in a debate about comparisons, I am going to come with all my facts and figures in order. I don't wish to knock someone down, just to build Carrie up.
So it is the comparisons that end up causing alot of the problem. And also insider manipulation.
But I had a thought the other day. If my work had an insentive program where they had emplyee of the week. How productive would it be if the same employee got it every week, week after week. Not very productive.
So I just wish these kind of "queen of country" labels would stop. I have never wished to label Carrie the "queen of country" cause I want her to aspire to be as great as Dolly/Shania/Cline. So when I hear these articles, they just really get me worked up.
It's not really about ML at all.

teesharky

^ Agree. This is not about Miranda for me either. It is the label politics and industry backdealing that I despise. I don't like what they are doing to Carrie.

Someday-- I could see myself even voting for Miranda for EOTY if Carrie is not a nominee-- but it has to be after she has headlined a full, major tour of big arenas like Carrie did. I guess I don't think it is fair that suddenly the industry is re-writing the rules, and nominating people who were opening acts half the year-- ie-- Zac BB, Lady A, Miranda, even Jason is way too new at headlining to be an EOTY nominee.

I am upset about that, because Carrie paid her dues for years now, working up to a big headlining tour, and still she gets denied EOTY.

But I guess there is nothing we can do. The more we try to voice our opinions, the more we, as a fanbase, get mocked and belittled by Jimmy Carter or others trying to trash us as a fanbase. It is not fair because if their favorites were treated this way, they would be livid too, and just as loud as we are.

Carrie Country

I agree Joe very well said the ran fans are no different than the Carrie warriors......when it comes down too it both camps are very dedicated and love their girls.......and would be willing to do anything for either of them......over on the GAC boards the two camps the Ranfans and Warriors have come together like one big happy family......Carrie and Miranda are both awesome......and their friends too.......Miranda is like our sweet Carrie's crazy country cousin.......and I love it!!!!!

liveasong

I agree Joe very well said the ran fans are no different than the Carrie warriors......when it comes down too it both camps are very dedicated and love their girls.......and would be willing to do anything for either of them......over on the GAC boards the two camps the Ranfans and Warriors have come together like one big happy family......Carrie and Miranda are both awesome......and their friends too.......Miranda is like our sweet Carrie's crazy country cousin.......and I love it!!!!!

I would LOVE to see this happen as I'm tired of fan wars. But for now, the Ranfans are killing Carrie while the Warriors are acting classy and are not attacking Miranda and her fans.

CALEBJOE

Hey Calebjoe,
I for one, really aprreciate you coming in and keeping it real. What you like what you don't like. And that Ran fans are very similar in that they don't wish to hang on the negative either.
I for one, don't mind that trolls go back and forth with info, I don't have a thing to hide. And I don't say anything that I wouldn't wnat the world to read. And I feel like you are an honest representation of fans who like both and find it hard to stay positive while you are reading negative stuff about both.
But we do appreciate you being honest and stating your intentions up front.
And you probably recognize me as one who can be pretty hard on thnigs I don't like. But knowing you are here trying to love Carrie I will try to be lighter on the ML rants.
But understand, my frustration comes from feeling like Carries limits are being drawn by businessmen who don't care about her, and that gets my blood boiling. So when you're girl Miranda is set up as the figure the businessmen have chosen to upset Carries accomplishments, it makes your girl a target. I know thats wrong. but it happens.
IF someone engages me in a debate about comparisons, I am going to come with all my facts and figures in order. I don't wish to knock someone down, just to build Carrie up.
So it is the comparisons that end up causing alot of the problem. And also insider manipulation.
But I had a thought the other day. If my work had an insentive program where they had emplyee of the week. How productive would it be if the same employee got it every week, week after week. Not very productive.
So I just wish these kind of "queen of country" labels would stop. I have never wished to label Carrie the "queen of country" cause I want her to aspire to be as great as Dolly/Shania/Cline. So when I hear these articles, they just really get me worked up.
It's not really about ML at all.

And i appreciate your understanding of where i am coming from i hate the labeling going on with these articles and feel these writers/editors know exactly what they are doing when writing out these articles.Most are bottom feeders that are using this as a means to fulfill there own agenda imo it is funny you mention Shania & Dolly these two are adored now but both at one time or another was not fully accepted by the industry i knew about Shania but i had always thought Dolly was.And don't worry about me i usually have a thick skin need to have one when going on the other sites not everyone will share the same opinions which is natural but i hate when opinions get turned into personal attacks and that hasn't happened on here so again sorry if i had upset anyone on here that was not my intention.