Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

lizcarlo

I'm so happy My Savior is doing so well for Carrie. Its truly fantastic album. Its so well deserved. Congrats to her.

adam1995

Seems like every review I've seen of this album was really positive. People love it, regardless of if they are religious or not.

PRGuy79

Congratulations to @carrieunderwood on a massive first week of #MySavior ✨

#1 Billboard Country Album
#1 Billboard Christian Album
#1 Billboard Top Albums
#1 Billboard Top Country Album
#1 Billboard Top Christian Album
#1 Current Digital Albums
#4 Billboard Top 200

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSvICqpF9Q/

This is yet another example of God's blessings on Carrie's life and career. I am so pleased to see this passion project receiving the attention it deserves. I would call it "anointed".

gagacasanova

Current chart positions:
#1 US Country

#1 US Christian

#1 US Album Sales

#2 UK Country

#4 US

#22 UK Download

#26 Scotland

#27 UK Sales

#35 UK Physical Albums

gagacasanova

Hot Christian Songs

#23 Nothing But the Blood of Jesus *new peak*

#27 Great Is Thy Faithfulness *new peak*

#28 Amazing Grace *debut*

#35 Just As I Am *debut*

#37 Because He Lives *debut*

#38 Victory in Jesus *debut*

#39 Blessed Assurance *debut*

#45 The Old Rugged Cross *debut*

#50 O How I Love Jesus *debut*

adam1995

Hot Christian Songs

#23 Nothing But the Blood of Jesus *new peak*

#27 Great Is Thy Faithfulness *new peak*

#28 Amazing Grace *debut*

#35 Just As I Am *debut*

#37 Because He Lives *debut*

#38 Victory in Jesus *debut*

#39 Blessed Assurance *debut*

#45 The Old Rugged Cross *debut*

#50 O How I Love Jesus *debut*

How are HGTA and S&T not on there?

rcramer

His last paragraph says what Carrie should do, I would have to say, I agree.... Just to put them in their place, especially voters/reviewers (in general) that can't come out of that traditional music sounding box that they live in....

I'm assuming this reviewer has more taste for the traditional sound rather than the country pop sound..... If she were to do an album on traditional county songs, make them all her own, no covers...... Well maybe a Pasty Cline..

That line about even if her music leaves you flat.... Not sure I can swallow that pill.....

Last edited:
https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/easter-review-carrie-underwood-my-savior/

Another great review. I know people will find fault with it, because he doesn't slobber all over Carrie, but he tells you why and we all know why. But he says it's hard to find fault with Carrie in general.

I agree with a lot of this reviews points. I also think part of her "problem" is she is too humble and always gives credit to others whereas I find most other artists don't. I would love more country sounding albums, and have the next proper album release the strongest songs rather than the ST and CP which somehow had some of the weakest album tracks as singles.

maddkat

Staff member
blurb from Billboard update this week

ON CLOUD NINE Carrie Underwood lands her ninth total and consecutive No.1 onTop CountryAlbums, all of which have launched at the summit, with her spiritual album My Savior (Capitol Nashville/Universal Music Group Nashville). The set, released March26, earned 73,000 equivalent album units (68,000 in sales) in the week ending April 1. The LP also bows at No. 1 on Top Christian Albums, becoming her second leader on the list. Her first holiday LP,My Gift, launched at the peak of both Top Country Albums and Top Christian Albums last October with 43,000 units. My Savior extends Underwood’s record for the most career-opening Top Country Albums No. 1s. The set, which she and David Garcia co-produced, comprises 13 traditional Christian hymns, including “Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” featuring gospel star CeCe Winans.