Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Nashville'

Naco1776

JB172

No matter what show the gorgeous Connie Britton is on she will always be Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights to me.

Carrieflattsfan

I can't decide whether I like this show or not. The songs are stellar, and I like most of the characters, but something still seems to be missing for me. I watched the first season, and was liking the second one, up until the latest episode. Teddy had terrible approval ratings, and he manages to win the election? What? And then they throw Julliete and Sean's divorce in there when Hayden says she's going to serve him the papers.

I'm not a fan of shows with a lot of drama, though, so that could be part of it.

Hayden has really surprised me; she's great. Kim Paisley is great, too.

Farawayhills

I'm really enjoying this show (which is airing in the UK quite a way behind your episodes).

Clare Bowen (who plays Scarlett O'Connor) is the outstanding find for me. Here she is, singing a Civil Wars song, with Sam Palladio, who plays her songwriting partner, Gunnar

[video=youtube;gAI_1FsJ8rE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=gAI_1FsJ8rE#![/video]

They are including some real performing artists, by the way, - in the latest episode shown here, Lindi Ortega appeared, written into the story line as the act which beat Avery to the gig he wanted. There was talking from the characters over much of her song - but they did turn up the sound two or three times to feature her a little.
Also, legendary songwriter and Country Rocker, John David Souther plays Waddy, the producer who discovers Scarlett and Gunnar at the Bluebird

Farawayhills

Still loving the show!

And so glad they gave a brief guest spot to Buddy Miller. He rules for Alternative fans - he's just irreplacable, and an essential part of the scene. He was on great form at SXSW last week

epicamends

I'm so glad it's finally new again this week! It's been repeats for so long, I may have to re-watch the last episode to refresh my memory.

Farawayhills

We're well behind with episodes - I hope the series break doesn't happen here.

Some of the venue shots, such as the Bluebird Cafe (a legendary place for songwriters launching new songs) and the Ryman Auditorium (the Mother Church of Country Music - wrongly called the High Church by one character) are authentic.

From what I've heard, some of the business practices, such as the new label chief's manipulation of his artists with threats about their album releases and performance spots, and the setting up of singers with footballers for publicity dates that aren't expected to go anywhere, are pretty accurate.

Carrieflattsfan

I liked this week's episode a lot.

Juliette has become a huge b***, but Hayden is fantastic on the show. Sleeping with your Mom drug counselor? That's a new low, and Juliette sleeps with everybody. lol. The drama seems to be a bit much at times, but I'm sure a lot of it is realistic, too. A lot of performers seem to turn to other vices to fill a void, and that seems to be what they're getting at with Juliette's storyline.

I really like pretty much everybody on the show, but I kinda miss Gunner and Scarlett together. lol.

I'm interested to see where Teddy and Peggy's storyline goes now that Teddy knows she leaked the story of their divorce to the tabloids.

Overall, I'm enjoying this season much more than the first one, and I think it's gotten stronger as it's gone on.

sco

I like the way they have developed Hayden Panetierre's character. She's obviously the 'bad girl' but the audience has enough insight to have an understanding of why she acts the way she does. When the show first started I was afraid she was just going to be a caricature. I'm curious what they are going to do with Kimberly's character. I think she was originally only supposed to be in a couple of episodes then they decided to bring her back.

epicamends

I can't wait for Scarlett and Gunnar to break up. lol. I know, I'm pretty much the only person who doesn't love them together. I just felt like they worked much better as friends and writing partners, and they become a bit too cheesy/whiny when they're a couple.

I like the way they write the characters on this show to be very grey - nobody is all good or all bad. Scarlett is probably the closest it gets to a "Mary Sue" character on the show, which is why she's been getting on my nerves a bit lately, although I do still like her.

I'm not sure what it's going to take for Juliette to finally wake up and start taking responsibility for her actions. It seems every time she takes a step forward, she takes 3 ginormous steps back. Dante needs to go away forever, what a slime ball.

I'm actually really fascinated with Avery's character, and I'm glad they're finally getting his story more involved with the other main characters. A lot of people dislike him, and he's not perfect (as none of the characters really are), but I think his actions are (for the most part) very understandable, and something that a lot of people in the music business go through (being attracted to a big, fancy recording contract, burning some bridges to get there, realizing it's not what they thought it would be and finding a way to get out). I'm curious to see where this roadie storyline will take him.

Claire2004

I've just started watching this series so I haven't finished all the episodes yet. For me there is an icky factor to the Deacon-and-Juliette-sleeping-together angle. How many episodes will this story angle last? Its.......eww. Lol