Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (A Full Season!) 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyecarriefan

Not hockey related, but when I was in high school a 16 year old classmate of mine had a stroke right as she was getting ready to step onto the field in the band at halftime. She eventually ended up alright but that was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Hope Letang makes a full recovery, whether or not he can ever play hockey again. That's the least important thing right now.

Audra

Not hockey related, but when I was in high school a 16 year old classmate of mine had a stroke right as she was getting ready to step onto the field in the band at halftime. She eventually ended up alright but that was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Hope Letang makes a full recovery, whether or not he can ever play hockey again. That's the least important thing right now.

it's so scary when young people have strokes. Letang talked to media the other day and talked about how he's doing and how it happened and that his wife found him having the stroke, but it was more of his body not being able to respond and not able to move but still, so scary for someone like him and in such great shape and everything to have a stroke. doctors told him he should be able to play hockey again, just obviously not this season, he needs to rest and follow the doctors orders and I'm sure he will do that, he's spent a lot of time with his family after this happened and I don't blame him, it scared everyone, including his family and the team.

knewman19

BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! And boy it feels so good!! Also can Murray's punishment for his hit on Kostka be having to play at least 25 minutes a night against us in the first round.... not even Carey Price could stop them all! Price was great tonight but we still dominated that game! Bring this to the playoffs and we will win the first round

buckeyecarriefan

The last time the Red Wings missed the playoffs I was 2. I'm going to be 27 in October.

Congrats to Columbus getting back to the playoffs for the 2nd time in franchise history! Looks like I'll have a lot of playoff hockey to watch in the first round with the Wings and Jackets, even if both WILL be going down early against Boston and Pittsburgh.

JB172

The last time the Red Wings missed the playoffs I was 2. I'm going to be 27 in October.

Congrats to Columbus getting back to the playoffs for the 2nd time in franchise history! Looks like I'll have a lot of playoff hockey to watch in the first round with the Wings and Jackets, even if both WILL be going down early against Boston and Pittsburgh.

I think that the Bruins and Pens are both wanting to play Columbus.

buckeyecarriefan

I think that the Bruins and Pens are both wanting to play Columbus.

It's probably the best matchup for any team especially now with Horton hurt, but we've all seen what a hot goalie can do in the playoffs and Bobrovsky can stand on his head for a 7 game series. Still expect them to go down round 1 though.

opry051008

12 out of 16 preseason playoff picks isn't to bad.

Impressive!! I hope you weren't fooled like the rest of us here in Canada into thinking that Toronto would make it into the playoffs this year. lol. Pretty pathetic showing for Canadian teams this year.

JB172

Impressive!! I hope you weren't fooled like the rest of us here in Canada into thinking that Toronto would make it into the playoffs this year. lol. Pretty pathetic showing for Canadian teams this year.

Ottawa fooled me, I had them in.

JB172

Here are my playoff picks, I don't usually switch my finals pick but I don't like the road that the Kings would have to go down to get to the finals.

EAST

Division Semi-finals

Boston over Detroit in 5
Tampa Bay over Montreal in 7
Pittsburgh over Columbus in 5
New York over Philadelphia in 7

Division Finals

Boston over Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh over New York in 6

East Final

Pittsburgh over Boston in 6

WEST

Division Semi-Finals

Colorado over Minnesota in 6
Chicago over St. Louis in 5
Anaheim over Dallas in 5
San Jose over Los Angeles in 6

Division Finals

Chicago over Colorado in 6
San Jose over Anaheim in 6

West Final

Chicago over San Jose in 6

Stanley Cup Final

Pittsburgh over Chicago in 6

knewman19

Pittsburgh?? really James?? with Marc Andre Fleury in net I don't think the Pens could win one game against Boston

JB172

Pittsburgh?? really James?? with Marc Andre Fleury in net I don't think the Pens could win one game against Boston

LOL, that is true.

I picked them to start the season in hopes of putting the curse of them, with all the talent that they have at some point they should over come Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.