Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

smilesalot2day

he isn't the only one that whines, plus he isn't as bad as he was when he first played in this league. he was bad when he was younger, he's not as bad now but he does still whine
Maybe he isn't the only one,but he has the attitude of a prima donna that nothing he does is wrong.

CrazyDreams1818

he isn't the only one that whines, plus he isn't as bad as he was when he first played in this league. he was bad when he was younger, he's not as bad now but he does still whine

He has gotten better, but yesterday's game just reminded me why I dislike him so much. Didn't see much of it during the Sens series (probs because the Pens were kicking butt)... but come on, hitting Rask? Classless. Although I kind of would have enjoyed seeing Chara toss Crosby around like a rag doll... Chara fighting is classic hahaha

There are definitely other whiners in the league, but not many of them are captains and none are the face of the NHL.

Audra

He has gotten better, but yesterday's game just reminded me why I dislike him so much. Didn't see much of it during the Sens series (probs because the Pens were kicking butt)... but come on, hitting Rask? Classless. Although I kind of would have enjoyed seeing Chara toss Crosby around like a rag doll... Chara fighting is classic hahaha

There are definitely other whiners in the league, but not many of them are captains and none are the face of the NHL.

if you watch video from all that happened at the end of the 2nd period, Rask came by Crosby and they both kinda were brushing against each other and they obviously must have exchanged words, we don't know what was said but obviously it probably wasn't nice if Crosby came back around and skated towards him and started talking and then shoved him, he didn't hit him. if he hit him, I'm sure most of that Bruins bench would have been all over Crosby. the only player that got in his face was Chara and the refs knew if Chara and Crosby would have gotten any further it would been quite the fight for sure so they made sure all they could do was chirp at each other

smilesalot2day

if you watch video from all that happened at the end of the 2nd period, Rask came by Crosby and they both kinda were brushing against each other and they obviously must have exchanged words, we don't know what was said but obviously it probably wasn't nice if Crosby came back around and skated towards him and started talking and then shoved him, he didn't hit him. if he hit him, I'm sure most of that Bruins bench would have been all over Crosby. the only player that got in his face was Chara and the refs knew if Chara and Crosby would have gotten any further it would been quite the fight for sure so they made sure all they could do was chirp at each other
Crosby elbow Rask,not hard but then rask tapped him back and that's when Crosby turned around as if how dare you. Also he was the one who tried to provoke chara into doing something stupid. I kinda wish Chara had decked him.

Audra

Crosby elbow Rask,not hard but then rask tapped him back and that's when Crosby turned around as if how dare you. Also he was the one who tried to provoke chara into doing something stupid. I kinda wish Chara had decked him.

No where I've seen anywhere is complaining about that happening between Crosby and Rask. What was the most talked about was Chara/Crosby and Malkin and Bergeron, and of course you wanted to see Chara deck Crosby, you are a Bruins fan. None of that is going to happen in the next game or the games after so Game 1 was a gem for Bruins fans.

Audra

it's probably a good idea for me to just stick away from here during the rest of playoffs, so I can concentrate on the games and support my guys and not worry about what has happened already in Game 1, moving forward.

smilesalot2day

No where I've seen anywhere is complaining about that happening between Crosby and Rask. What was the most talked about was Chara/Crosby and Malkin and Bergeron, and of course you wanted to see Chara deck Crosby, you are a Bruins fan. None of that is going to happen in the next game or the games after so Game 1 was a gem for Bruins fans.

Yes i'm a Bruin fan and my husband is a penguin fan. He is from pittsburg and he is rooting for them and even he can't tolerate Crosby. Yes it was a gem and I still believe that if we play our game and not feed into what they do we can win this series.

cassie2

Staff member
Really good game last night, would love to see the rest of the games be like that.

Not me! lol Way too much testosterone in my household! Between the storms in the area that kept knocking out our satellite and the 3 OT's the men in this house were like maniacs! lol Thank God the Hawk's won!

Audra

not really rooting for one specific team for the finals, but last nights game was amazing, even though 3 OTs was stressful for all those fans involved with the Hawks or Bruins lol

JB172

Not me! lol Way too much testosterone in my household! Between the storms in the area that kept knocking out our satellite and the 3 OT's the men in this house were like maniacs! lol Thank God the Hawk's won!

LOL, I was headed to bed if it went to a 4 OT, staying up until 1am Eastern when I don't care who wins was pretty dumb anyway, those games are just awful if you have a team involved in it.

mlawlor

Giving Ovechkin the Hart trophy this year just seems wrong to me (and I'm not prefering anyone in particular here).
The trophy is given to the league MVP, and Ovechkin played on a team that did as well as several other teams this season, AND way back in October, when the name of this thread was "Screw The NHL", (lol), Ovechkin was playing in another league in Russia, making demands that he would not return if they were not met. And now he's the leagues "most valuable player"?. Is the NHL turning into the CMA's? lol

Audra

Giving Ovechkin the Hart trophy this year just seems wrong to me (and I'm not prefering anyone in particular here).
The trophy is given to the league MVP, and Ovechkin played on a team that did as well as several other teams this season, AND way back in October, when the name of this thread was "Screw The NHL", (lol), Ovechkin was playing in another league in Russia, making demands that he would not return if they were not met. And now he's the leagues "most valuable player"?. Is the NHL turning into the CMA's? lol

I don't understand why he was given the Hart even though he gave the Capitals the boost towards the end by finally playing good hockey and producing, not like at the beginning of the season when he hardly was mentioned. It was a close vote it seems like from what I saw was between him and Crosby. But it seems like the players went in a different direction for the Ted Lindsay and voted for Crosby.