Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

Audra

WOW. and that, ladies and gents, is why they're the Pesky Sens, Comeback Kids, Cardiac Kids, etc.

Both goalies played AMAZING tonight!

they did play amazing not letting in any goals until late, and its probably one of the best games the Penguins played all playoffs so far...still stings how we lost it in overtime when it shouldn't have lol but the few days off will be good for them so can't wait for the next game!

CrazyDreams1818

they did play amazing not letting in any goals until late, and its probably one of the best games the Penguins played all playoffs so far...still stings how we lost it in overtime when it shouldn't have lol but the few days off will be good for them so can't wait for the next game!

Should not have been a loss for the Pens, major mess-up in that last minute of the game. Ahead by 1 AND on PP? Very rough, extra sting losing like that.
Who would've thought that the little ol' Sens would bring the Penguins into an amazing double OT like that? No one lol

Oh well, that win was extra sweet for the Sens (and for me, since I strongly dislike the Pens... *strongly*). Good comeback night for Spezza, that's for sure! I'm still on a high from that game!

buckeyecarriefan

It'll be interesting to see how Chicago responds from getting punched in the mouth on Saturday. The winner tonight you'd have to think has the leg up for the rest of the series.

Audra

Should not have been a loss for the Pens, major mess-up in that last minute of the game. Ahead by 1 AND on PP? Very rough, extra sting losing like that.
Who would've thought that the little ol' Sens would bring the Penguins into an amazing double OT like that? No one lol

Oh well, that win was extra sweet for the Sens (and for me, since I strongly dislike the Pens... *strongly*). Good comeback night for Spezza, that's for sure! I'm still on a high from that game!

uh no it shouldn't have been a loss but I'm kinda glad we didn't have the win, if you get what I'm saying lol I'd rather be at 2-1 than 3-0 because then I feel the team would have let their guard down even more being up by 3 games and give up games, so I can deal with losing this one...we will win the next one that's all =P

buckeyecarriefan

...but it's really great when your team wins! ;)

And I'll credit that for turning me into a true hockey fan instead of just a casual one.

Game 5, 2008 Finals. Red Wings/Penguins, in Pittsburgh, series tied 2-2. I had decided that year to give hockey one more real good shot and figured the best way was to watch the playoffs. I was starting to really get into it at this point. 2 guys on my floor were from Pittsburgh and diehard Pens fans. Game goes to 3OT, Wings win, and I was hooked. And it's a good thing it was the end of the school year, because the rest of the floor didn't appreciate 3 guys screaming at 1 in the morning over a hockey game during finals week, and those 2 guys didn't really appreciate having a Wings fan living 2 doors down from them at that point lol.

buckeyecarriefan

This is the time where you want to be playing your best hockey and they are, although I am not to sure about the interference call.

That was a weak interference call but I'm not sure if the Franzen hit was 100% clean that led to the first goal so I think it worked itself out.

jeff

just another fan
ZOJV9dk.gif

gotta love the kids! Brunner should do this to Nyquist before every game

Attachments

• ZOJV9dk.jpg
    ZOJV9dk.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 17

Audra

And I'll credit that for turning me into a true hockey fan instead of just a casual one.

Game 5, 2008 Finals. Red Wings/Penguins, in Pittsburgh, series tied 2-2. I had decided that year to give hockey one more real good shot and figured the best way was to watch the playoffs. I was starting to really get into it at this point. 2 guys on my floor were from Pittsburgh and diehard Pens fans. Game goes to 3OT, Wings win, and I was hooked. And it's a good thing it was the end of the school year, because the rest of the floor didn't appreciate 3 guys screaming at 1 in the morning over a hockey game during finals week, and those 2 guys didn't really appreciate having a Wings fan living 2 doors down from them at that point lol.

the Wings didn't win that game, I remember that game so clearly, the Penguins won that game and it was actually in Detroit not Pittsburgh lol Petr Sykora won the game winning goal in that 3rd overtime and the Wings were up 3-1 in that series before we won that game to make it 3-2 before the Wings won the Cup the next game in Pittsburgh

buckeyecarriefan

the Wings didn't win that game, I remember that game so clearly, the Penguins won that game and it was actually in Detroit not Pittsburgh lol Petr Sykora won the game winning goal in that 3rd overtime and the Wings were up 3-1 in that series before we won that game to make it 3-2 before the Wings won the Cup the next game in Pittsburgh

You're right. Memory isn't my strong point lol. I feel like an idiot now. I think it was the huge shot advantage we had, mixed with the fact there were times in the first 2 OT's that we were absolutely peppering Fleury and I felt like something HAD to go in eventually, mixed with the fact that we ended up winning game 6 anyway that made me forget we lost the game. Plus I thought the Pens had home ice that series for some reason, so I thought a game 7 would be in Pittsburgh and therefore game 5 would too.

Point is, that game still hooked me on the sport. And the rest about everyone not really getting along real well the rest of the year was true as well lol.

2 great series we played there though. I was a Sidney Crosby hater at the time but those battles and watching him play changed that to an extent. Still don't like the guy, but I can't deny that when he's healthy he's the best player in the world.

Audra

You're right. Memory isn't my strong point lol. I feel like an idiot now. I think it was the huge shot advantage we had, mixed with the fact there were times in the first 2 OT's that we were absolutely peppering Fleury and I felt like something HAD to go in eventually, mixed with the fact that we ended up winning game 6 anyway that made me forget we lost the game. Plus I thought the Pens had home ice that series for some reason, so I thought a game 7 would be in Pittsburgh and therefore game 5 would too.

Point is, that game still hooked me on the sport. And the rest about everyone not really getting along real well the rest of the year was true as well lol.

2 great series we played there though. I was a Sidney Crosby hater at the time but those battles and watching him play changed that to an extent. Still don't like the guy, but I can't deny that when he's healthy he's the best player in the world.

lol it's okay, that game and that series alone is in my mind still to this day very clear and sitting and watching them skate around Mellon Arena in Game 6 when they won the Cup, that stung so it is still fresh in my mind lol I remember staying up that night for that 3 OT game and I had school the next day but I didn't care and still stayed up for it.

That game was still fabulous and I thought the game the other night may have resulted in a 3rd overtime by the way both Ottawa and Pittsburgh were playing and neither goaltender giving in.

I would seriously laugh if the Penguins win this series and beat whoever advances from Boston/Rangers and somehow Detroit beats Chicago and whoever would be next and Penguins and Wings verse each other again in the Finals...that would be classic lol

buckeyecarriefan

I would seriously laugh if the Penguins win this series and beat whoever advances from Boston/Rangers and somehow Detroit beats Chicago and whoever would be next and Penguins and Wings verse each other again in the Finals...that would be classic lol

Would definitely prove a lot of people wrong, considering how many teams have supposedly passed the Pens since Crosby's injuries and how bad we're supposed to be since Lidstrom retired/everyone else got old.

I give you guys a lot better shot than us though. We've played great the last 2 games and if we can keep that up for 6 more it's possible. But there's a reason we haven't played this well all season. I'll just be happy if we somehow get by Chicago.

JB172

The Bruins ended up scoring on the play anyway but I have never seen a puck bounce like it did right before they scored to take the lead.

Audra

Would definitely prove a lot of people wrong, considering how many teams have supposedly passed the Pens since Crosby's injuries and how bad we're supposed to be since Lidstrom retired/everyone else got old.

I give you guys a lot better shot than us though. We've played great the last 2 games and if we can keep that up for 6 more it's possible. But there's a reason we haven't played this well all season. I'll just be happy if we somehow get by Chicago.

yeah I'm surprised you guys didn't have a good season since the Wings are always one of the top teams usually but was shocked when they almost didn't make the playoffs. If they come and win this series against Chicago, that would be mindblowing cause everyone expected the Hawks to take the Wings very easily, but I mean look at us and the Islanders and how that series went...no team should ever underestimate another team no matter how good or bad they are. The Wings are putting up a fight and not letting go and can possibly seeing that series go to 6 or even 7 games.