Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Not so] Big Grammy announcement tomorrow morning.

carebear4eva

Guys, exciting news.....The Grammys promise a "HUGE"announcement regarding this show tomorrow morning (about 13 hours from now, for international fans)....They also mentioned that at 7 pm PST (which was half an hour ago!), they're going to give away a part of the news.....PLEASE, PLEASE LET CARRIE PERFORMING BE A PART OF ALL THIS..

Watch this thread for more, or directly follow the Grammys twitter account.....AND PRAY!!

abbeyjones18

thanks for the news...since I'll be home anyway, I'll probably watch the Grammys, even though it seems to be shaping up into a boring show...no matter if Carrie performs/wins or not...

Zman312

OMG, I bet you it will be TS giving a special performance from Japan! I am not looking forward to this!

undrwood9098

I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore. If it happens, then I'll be excited. If not, then it won't affect me. I'm just so done with getting my hopes up so high, then having them smashed down. First the CMAs, then the Grammy nods, then the 5th single being a PO gem, and now the ACM nods. It's all just been a complete roller coaster, so I'll just check back here some time tomorrow and get the big news here. I don't want to get too excited for something that might not happen.

But thank you for keeping us updated with the Grammy info! :)

teesharky

I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore. If it happens, then I'll be excited. If not, then it won't affect me. I'm just so done with getting my hopes up so high, then having them smashed down. First the CMAs, then the Grammy nods, then the 5th single being a PO gem, and now the ACM nods. It's all just been a complete roller coaster, so I'll just check back here some time tomorrow and get the big news here. I don't want to get too excited for something that might not happen.

you know, I agree with you completely. I don't even care that much anymore. I feel like they are trying to get rid of Carrie from country music lately, the way they are snubbing her. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Grammys snub her too now without even letting her present an award.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I am tired of getting my hopes crushed too. :(

liveasong

Found this on Twitter...

Britney Spears Twitter
P.S. - Stay tuned for a big announcement from Brit tmw.....
24 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I bet it has something to do with Britney Spears and her comeback.

abbeyjones18

Well, for me, I will always have hope...no matter what! I do not have hope for these Grammys, though...boring, as I said before. I do hope that Carrie wins, though...her vocal was more raw, emotional... :)

Found this on Twitter...

I'm betting so too...Britney tweeted some big news tomorrow, almost at the same time as this came out. Coincidence? The other news was that Rihanna/Drake are performing together. I really hope Carrie presents at least...a win over ML would be amazing too!

carebear4eva

No offense, but don't get your hopes up. I just don't think the grammy's would consider Carrie a BIG announcement because a) she's country and they're not huge on country. I would think a big announcement would be something like Michael Jackson.

Yes, I know it's not going to be exclusively Carrie performing, lol. I expect it'll be perhaps an official announcement of the Dolly tribute or something,and am HOPING that whatever it is they're announcing, that Carri performing is a part of that.

teesharky

Found this on Twitter...

great. If Britney Spears is performing at the Grammys, on a song she stole from the Belamy Brothers that she will just lip sync anyway, I am beginning to thnk I won't watch this year.

I bet you are right though. There have been rumors of a Britney grammy performance for weeks.

Her post fits the Grammy tweet.

I bet Carrie is not even going to the Grammys this year. She knows Miranda won.

teesharky

Yes, I know it's not going to be exclusively Carrie performing, lol. I expect it'll be perhaps an official announcement of the Dolly tribute or something,and am HOPING that whatever it is they're announcing, that Carri performing is a part of that.

That is our only hope I think. The Dolly tribute is big, so maybe Carrie will present her with the award, even if she doesn't perform.

carebear4eva

Rihanna and drake...."The square root of 69 is 8 something, right? Cuz I've been trying to work it out." How BLAH!

Well, I totally get how everyone feels, but I'm still keeping my hopes up. I definitely agree with everyone who's saying that we're not going thru a good phase right now, starting really from the CMAs 2 years ago (the TS year). we'd just lost the AMA to her. after that we lost our first PCA ever. we were all but shut out at the ACMs, where only our crazy voting nailed her EoTY. Epic fail at the Teen Choice Awards. terrible CMA nominations. lost AMA CFVoTY, and CMA FVoTY. Lost the PCAs. Lost the GGs, didn't get nommyd for Oscar. Terrible Grammy nominations, possibly no performance at all. And of course the most rec ent ACM noms.
The PO tour has been the one highlight.

But, I'm still praying for a performance at the Grammys. Hopefully something high, HIGH profile like the MJ tribute last year. And of course, I'm praying she wins!

Carrieflattsfan

great. If Britney Spears is performing at the Grammys, on a song she stole from the Belamy Brothers that she will just lip sync anyway,
I am beginning to thnk I won't watch this year.

I bet you are right though. There have been rumors of a Britney grammy performance for weeks.

Her post fits the Grammy tweet.

I bet Carrie is not even going to the Grammys this year. She knows Miranda won.

I just saw today Jive Records confirmed Britney is NOT performing (thank goodness).

Britney Spears Grammy Awards 2011 Performance?