Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Not so] Big Grammy announcement tomorrow morning.

hjj

I'm not getting my hopes up for a performance and maybe it is ok since she has been there 4 yrs in a row. I will less likely watch w/o her there tho.

carriefan06

im worried about both carrie and adam performing because they deserve to perform at the grammys
because if they are not then i'm not watching it except maybe to see if they both win their cathegories

The Nanook

I seriously doubt it's about Carrie. As much as we love her, she's not that big enough to warrant a "big announcement" from the Grammys. If it did involve Carrie, it'd most likely be another tribute type thing.

_luvqry

I don't expect Carrie to perform at the Grammy. I guess I'm fine with that since she performed so many times in a row.
And it's not because of the ACM's but I agree with everyone else that they wouldn't say "big announcement" if it is about Carrie.

As for the whole Dolly tribute they can probably ask ML to be a part of it to give her more exposure time and promote her as the "country female artist of the year".

carebear4eva

Well, I'm still keeping my hopes up. There's still loads of space for Carrie to perform, and I am confident that this year more than anything, that if she performs it'll be as part of some special performance (as she doesn't have a single out). And whatever news the Grammys have, it's gotta be big enough to squeeze in Carrie, lol!

Claire2004

At this point I'm trying not to get my hopes up. This way it will be a wonderful surprise if indeed Carrie will perform.

teesharky

I don't expect Carrie to perform at the Grammy. I guess I'm fine with that since she performed so many times in a row.
And it's not because of the ACM's but I agree with everyone else that they wouldn't say "big announcement" if it is about Carrie.

As for the whole Dolly tribute they can probably ask ML to be a part of it to give her more exposure time and promote her as the "country female artist of the year".

Miranda is not a ratings draw. They are trying to pimp her out to be the new face of country music, but without Carrie or Taylor at the Grammys, the ratings will take a big hit.

I think they will ask Carrie to at least present. They would not have Miranda do 2 performances when no one outside of country music even knows who she is. Not gonna happen. Already on twitter, when Miranda performed at the nominations concert, tons of people were like---- Who the hell is that? Bring Carrie Underwood, etc.

So if they were smart, the Grammys would try to add Taylor or Carrie to the lineup in some fashion, as everyone knows who they are outside of country, and Carrie is a Grammy darling.

Taylor will be in Japan, so Carrie is their only hope. I think she will at least present an award.

I also think Carrie will be involved with Dolly's tribute concert on February 12th.

teesharky

OFFICIAL! Presenters for the 53rd GRAMMYs: @DierksBentley @NorahJones @SelenaGomez @LLCoolJ @NickiMinaj @BlakeShelton! http://bit.ly/eZkCsa about 3 hours ago via web by meganwest Retweeted by you and 72 others
<LI id=status_32769785045450752 class="hentry u-TheGRAMMYs status perma-hover" jQuery1296656925872="318"> TheGRAMMYs
It's OFFICIAL! Cee Lo Green (@theladykilla) will perform with Gwyneth Paltrow and the Jim Henson Company Puppets! http://bit.ly/eZkCsa about 3 hours ago via web by meganwest
<LI id=status_32769745140850688 class="hentry u-TheGRAMMYs status perma-hover" jQuery1296656925872="319"> TheGRAMMYs
As we told our fans FIRST last night, @Rihanna & @drakkardnoir will be performing together at this year's Awards! More: http://bit.ly/eZkCsa

teesharky

They announced some of the presenters. No Carrie :-(

Looks more and more likely she won't even attend :'([/QUOTE

There are more presenters and performers to go though. Cee Lo Green was already announced previously. They just added Gwyneth to his song. So they really only added one performance--- Drake with Rihanna. They will announce more later, as well as more presenters.

It is very possible she won't attend, but I still think they will tap her to at least perform at the Dolly tribute concert on the 12th that is separate from the Grammys. It is the same night as the Clive Davis party. Maybe she will go to both.

I think they will ask her to present at least at the actual Grammys. If she is already in town anyway for the Dolly thing, she would have no reason to say no.

You don't say No to presenting at the Grammys, as it is an honor, like presenting at the Globes or Oscars.

If she did say no to a presenter slot, she would be a fool, no offense. It is still great exposure, which she desperately needs right now since she skipped the PCAS and AMAs.

I just hope Carrie isn't on this hibernation kick, where she avoids all award shows to hole up in Canada. lol She did go to the Globes, but that was a once in a lifetime thing, and everyone who is nominated attends.

DaisyTweets

Wow, this show is fast shaping up to be a show that I won't be watching. It's been years since I missed watching it! Just not interested in seeing anyone that is performing.

teesharky

yeah I may skip too. I am tired of seeing ML win everything. I like her alot, but it gets old seeing the same people win over and over and over again.

If Carrie does not at least present, I am gone.

They haven't even announced who else is performing in the Music Cares concert yet. They said more performers would be announced. They also said performers would be at the Dolly thing. So it is odd they haven't announced anyone yet.

pklongbeach

I 2nd that.
It's a strange year for music.
Having Carrie as part of the ceremony for 4 yfears now suddenly makes the evening ever so much less interesting without her.
And the idea that country music is trying to play ML off as the face of country is a little silly. Joan Rivers won't be mad if she just walks by cause she'll be wondering who the heck let her on the carpet in the first place "Only Stars Please"!