Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Not so] Big Grammy announcement tomorrow morning.

teesharky

Carrie didn't even mention the Grammys AT ALL in her blog today. That was kind of strange. I thought she would at least mention how they are a week away. odd.

She said not much is going on lately in her world lately and she didn't have much to blog about. That makes me think she is planning on skipping them. I hope I am wrong. But they are a week away, and she blogged tonight but didn't even act as if they were remotely on her mind.

I think she should at least attend the Clive Davis party, etc. Who cares if she is going to lose her Grammy to Miranda? She still has the right to be there and have fun, since she is a nominee.

teesharky

But very few people (if any) have performed at the Grammys 4 years in a row.Not asking her to perform this year is not really that big a deal.

true. I am kind of over the performing thing. But she has never presented before at the Grammys, so I think it is very strange that she wasn't asked.

I don't think it would be polite to turn down a presenter slot if asked to do it, so I can't see her saying no if asked. That would be rude.

So it is odd they didnt' ask her to present.

epicamends

Yeah, no point in me watching either. I only watch for Carrie every year. Most of the other performers they have on I'm not interested in.

teesharky

Yeah but Taylor will be back in full force next year, so Carrie could be snubbed again next year too. Just watch.

DaisyTweets

I'm not watching this year either. I'm not remotely interested in any of the performers this year. In fact, I think this year's show is going to be kinda boring. I'll be real curious read blogs and reviews of the show on Monday morning!

DaisyTweets

Yeah but Taylor will be back in full force next year, so Carrie could be snubbed again next year too. Just watch.
I'm sorry Tee but this is a little overly dramatic. Besides, I think the Grammy producers have learned their lesson with SWSRN. She's developed a reputation now and its a reputation of BAD or dare I say it HORRENDOUS live performances.

While I'm disappointed that Carrie won't be performing on this year's show, in the long run I think its a wise decision. By now, I think its clear that its Carrie's intention to take a little break. I think she perhaps needs it for her mental and emotional health. If we're all honest, we've all done it. And I don't mean this in a bad way. We all have a need to recharge our batteries and Carrie is human and no different than anyone of us!

DaisyTweets

So who will be included in the Dolly Parton tribute thing? No Carrie there too?

That's what I was just wondering as well. Perhaps the tribute isn't as big of a deal of what we thought. All I know, with the announced lineup I'm so not impressed. For one thing, I'm getting VERY tired of Katy Perry's Firefly or whatever its called. It isn't that good of a song to begin with and now everyone is using it for everything. There's even an Idol commercial with it. For crying out loud, you'd think Idol would maybe use songs from some of the winners since this is the 10th season and all!!!!

Oh just a thought -- Carrie said no Grammys. She didn't say anything about the tribute or Clive's party. Maybe she's going to those?????? Guess maybe we'll have to watch the photo sites for red carpet pics.

teesharky

That's what I was just wondering as well. Perhaps the tribute isn't as big of a deal of what we thought. All I know, with the announced lineup I'm so not impressed. For one thing, I'm getting VERY tired of Katy Perry's Firefly or whatever its called. It isn't that good of a song to begin with and now everyone is using it for everything. There's even an Idol commercial with it. For crying out loud, you'd think Idol would maybe use songs from some of the winners since this is the 10th season and all!!!!

Oh just a thought -- Carrie said no Grammys. She didn't say anything about the tribute or Clive's party. Maybe she's going to those?????? Guess maybe we'll have to watch the photo sites for red carpet pics.

That would be amazing if true. I mean, she could go to the Clive Davis party Friday, and Dolly thing, but skip the Grammys Sunday. But I am not getting my hopes up.

She seems to be intent on avoiding award shows for some reason lately, having skipped the PCAS, AMAs, and Grammys now. Odd.

The Dolly thing is a private tribute concert with performances, and it is invite only, on the 12th, same night as the Clive Davis party. With carrie not attending, I bet Miranda Lambert will be performing there now, front and center.

That is sad as Dolly was nice to Carrie, and performed on her Xmas party.

Last edited:

epicamends

^ Well sure, when you phrase it that way. I highly doubt Carrie would "blow off" Dolly's tribute thing. She loves and respects Dolly. Which is why I think there must be some other thing going on that weekend, that she felt was more important - such as a weekend away with Mike. Sometimes it's more important to spend time with the ones you love (especially your new husband whom you've barely seen since getting married), than attending award shows and industry events.

I'm disappointed too, but I don't think Carrie would just "blow off" these things unless it was for something really important to her.

abbeyjones18

^ Well sure, when you phrase it that way. I highly doubt Carrie would "blow off" Dolly's tribute thing. She loves and respects Dolly. Which is why I think there must be some other thing going on that weekend, that she felt was more important - such as a weekend away with Mike. Sometimes it's more important to spend time with the ones you love (especially your new husband whom you've barely seen since getting married), than attending award shows and industry events.

I'm disappointed too, but I don't think Carrie would just "blow off" these things unless it was for something really important to her.

I agree...I think that we all sometimes tend to forget that Carrie - as much as we want for her to be there - can't be at places at once...

teesharky

^ Unless she was asked not to go, so the label could spotlight Miranda, as pklongbeach said earlier on another thread. I do think they plan in advance who is going to be featured at the Grammys from each label, so maybe they wanted this year to be all about Miranda.

I am sure Miranda will be front and center at the Dolly Parton thing. Just imagine the photo opps: The Country Queen and the New Princess (of the moment anyway). lol Should have been Carrie though.

I just think that the Dolly thing is pretty important, so I don't think Carrie would "blow it off" if she was invited, to be with Mike-- Carrie loves Dolly. She wouldn't do that to her. That was my main point-- sorry I phrased it poorly.

Plus, Carrie could still spend Valentine's Day with her husband, as the event is on the 12th, not the 14th. Mike has a game on the 12th anyway, so it wouldn't interfere as they won't be together on the 12th anyway as I think the game is away. She loves Dolly and respects her. I don't think Carrie would say no, if she was invited. So I am more inclined to think that the label pushed for Miranda to be there, instead of Carrie.

teesharky

^ I think she has been to the Clive Davis party every single year since her first Grammys in 2007. I could be wrong though.

She performed twice, 2007 and 2010. I think she went in 2009 because I remember her black polka dot dress.

2008- Oh yes--- she went with Chace Crawford as her date, and wore a black and white dress.