Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

I’d like this to make top twenty, but it’s going to be close.

At the end of the day, I don’t blame OOTT not going to #1 on the song itself. It’s a great song and very radio friendly.

But it has everything to do with momentum. Radio judges what they’re going to play based on how well a previous single did. “Ghost Story” went to #5, and accordingly, HMH had a really fast start. HMH had momentum. Unfortunately, OOTT followed a song that peaked at #20, leaving it with no momentum.

To make matters worse, radio only likes to play 2-3 women at a time. They have six women in the 15-25 range right now. So, they’re just dividing the spins they allocate to women among all the songs, which is why all of the women (except Lainey) are struggling. However, speaking to the quality of OOTT, it can be argued radio liked it more than other songs by women, such as Carly and Gabby, whose current singles have a lot of momentum, and got clear channel deals giving them a high debut/fast start. Despite that, OOTT is only a few spots behind them/a few weeks older, with no radio deal or momentum. It’s possible by the time radio decided to play it (after giving it a slow start due to no momentum) they thought it was too old to have it go far.

It also has nothing to do with Carrie being a legacy act who radio won’t play. Plenty of men in country music who are older than Carrie, continue to get played in their forties and fifties. And if it was that she was a legacy act, it wouldn’t explain why many of the new generation of women are having songs peak at #20, or lower, such as Kelsea, Ashley, Gabby, Hailey, etc.

I do fully believe Carrie’s next single, her lead single, can do well. It’ll get a radio deal which will give it a fast and high start, and if it’s good and really connects with people, that radio deal will really help. Plus, plenty of other artists in country music have had multiple songs in a row peak low on the chart, and then had songs after that do well, such as Kenny and Tim.

Last edited:

Zach1998

Yeah I remember how fast HMH moved to like 23-25 then the brakes were majorly pumped, when the streams weren’t there to back it. I wanna say it made it there in like 2-3 months, before it completely stopped.

Anyways, I hope OOTT can make top 20 on both charts, I think Mediabase should be easy if they just stick with it for another month, BB could be a little more tricky. I’ll just say this. It’s incredibly ironic that the best connecting single this era, could very well be the lowest peaking one. I guess it’s less of a tough blow knowing that despite radio not embracing this like they should, it’s still streamed very well (even now with it not being in the major playlist for 2 months.)

By my calculations it’s already gold eligible (has been for a few months) and unless it’s streaming completely haults, it will make it to platinum in 2-3 years.

Also important to note, a radio PD confirmed on pulse that “Dirt Cheap” is Cody Johnson’s next single, so we likely won’t get the duet until late this year, or more likely early next year. So at least they have time to keep on with OOTT. Or we may get GH#2 within that gap.

adam1995

Why do people keep mentioning a GH 2? I can't even remember the last time I saw a major artist released a GH. They aren't economically viable anymore. And in Carrie's case, I don't think there would reasonably be enough hits like on the first one.

Zach1998

Why do people keep mentioning a GH 2? I can't even remember the last time I saw a major artist released a GH. They aren't economically viable anymore. And in Carrie's case, I don't think there would reasonably be enough hits like on the first one.
Oh I’m 100% in agreement with you. I’d rather her not, and spend the effort on her next record, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she did do one.

Last edited:

Zach1998

There will be no GH2…. I say come out swinging with a new country sounding single.. Let OOTT be the start of that new sound….. it is still streaming well??
Yeah it’s still doing decent. I think HMH was pulling in about 30k daily streams after it had been removed from it for a couple of months, and OOTT has been doing about 60k daily now.

CU4ever

Yeah I remember how fast HMH moved to like 23-25 then the brakes were majorly pumped, when the streams weren’t there to back it. I wanna say it made it there in like 2-3 months, before it completely stopped.
Yeah, HMH reached top thirty after only 11 (!) weeks, 2 of which were the Christmas freeze, so really only 9 weeks. That’s crazy fast. For radio programmers, momentum matters and is greatly considered when deciding to play a song or not

Zach1998

Nope. On the latest Monday Morning Intel it's #22 on Airplay, but only #40 on Audio Streams, #39 on Callout, and #45 on Sales. It's remarkable that they've managed to keep it so high given what a non-event of a single it's been
Eh most songs above it are still playlisted in Spotify’s major playlist; it would make sense they are streaming better, therefore highly ranked.

For it to have been removed from the playlist for months, and this song to basically be non existent to both Carrie and her team. It’s streaming well… Also would hardly call a song with 40+ million streams a non event, maybe on the radio front.

RenegadeChaser

I speculate she will be involved with Post Malones country album. Nothing to back it up other than mutual Instagram follows, but that would be great exposure for Carrie
Do we have any idea when this album will be released? I feel like I've been reading about it for a long time but haven't actually seen any confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.