Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

I really do think this could have been a hit. But Carrie had zero momentum and radio expected it to not test well. That's why it climbed so slowly and it got too old.

Ghost Story did well on radio, so HMH started really fast. If OOTT followed Ghost Story, it too probably would have climbed fast and could be around #10-15 by now.

rangers73

I really do think this could have been a hit. But Carrie had zero momentum and radio expected it to not test well. That's why it climbed so slowly and it got too old.

Ghost Story did well on radio, so HMH started really fast. If OOTT followed Ghost Story, it too probably would have climbed fast and could be around #10-15 by now.
OOTT fell to 27 on Billboard just my opinion but I think it is getting close to going recurrent I would love to see it move up but looks like it not getting any promotion or airplay like They gave up I hope Carrie don’t wait to long on a album because she is already 40 and it’s only going to get harder with radio

angeliccarrie

OOTT fell to 27 on Billboard just my opinion but I think it is getting close to going recurrent I would love to see it move up but looks like it not getting any promotion or airplay like They gave up I hope Carrie don’t wait to long on a album because she is already 40 and it’s only going to get harder with radio
I hope she can come up with a creative new strategy to get her music out there.

CU4ever

I was just happy OOTT regained the bullet this week after it lost it last week. I really, really want it to make it to #20, but that may be a long shot. It's sad. If there were not six women on the chart, then this would be doing well. But they refuse to play more than a couple women at a time. I wish it was like the 90s again, where radio played women. I'd bet if radio knew OOTT would connect so well, they probably would have played it faster from the beginning and it may have gone to #1. Now, even if it is testing well, it is too old and radio waited too long to convert it because they wrongly thought it would test well. Sad.

The good news is, the Cody Johnson duet is next, then her lead single will get a clear channel deal. That will restore some momentum. It is very important her lead single is a great song. Like Ghost Story was a lead single so it made it to #5, and then gave HMH momentum to climb fast. If her next lead single is really good, it'll get a fast debut and if it does well, it could lead to a second, third, etc singles doing well.

adam1995

I was just happy OOTT regained the bullet this week after it lost it last week. I really, really want it to make it to #20, but that may be a long shot. It's sad. If there were not six women on the chart, then this would be doing well. But they refuse to play more than a couple women at a time. I wish it was like the 90s again, where radio played women. I'd bet if radio knew OOTT would connect so well, they probably would have played it faster from the beginning and it may have gone to #1. Now, even if it is testing well, it is too old and radio waited too long to convert it because they wrongly thought it would test well. Sad.

The good news is, the Cody Johnson duet is next, then her lead single will get a clear channel deal. That will restore some momentum. It is very important her lead single is a great song. Like Ghost Story was a lead single so it made it to #5, and then gave HMH momentum to climb fast. If her next lead single is really good, it'll get a fast debut and if it does well, it could lead to a second, third, etc singles doing well.
Still seems it will be a while though. "Dirt Cheap" looks to be next, so add at least 6 months onto the timeline.

rcramer

Still seems it will be a while though. "Dirt Cheap" looks to be next, so add at least 6 months onto the timeline.
Thats a great song too, so I can see that doing well on the charts.. IMO the best male out there on the charts. So I'm sure that duet is going to be awesome....

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
OOTT is passed by Zimmerman's 'Where It Ends' (+99/+.108) and drops to #23 (+26/+.119)
23 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Out Of That Truck 2533 2409 124 9.236

Status
Not open for further replies.