Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

Updates aren’t huge but they’re not horrible and Megan lost more so I consider today a win. I really do think it’ll pick back up when UMG is done max spins next week

CU4ever

OOTT is down one spot to #21 on Billboard this week, as no songs went recurrent and one song passed it. However, next week it is possible as many as three songs will go recurrent, which could send OOTT to a new peak of #18. Even if that doesn't happen, at least one song (probably two) will be going off, so decent chance for OOTT to hit a new peak on Billboard next week (assuming it has a good week)

CU4ever

OOTT will move back to #19 for the week tomorrow as a song goes recurrent. OOTT will also pass “23” on Monday as it is dropping 900 spins a day and be #18. Then, a song goes recurrent next Sunday, so OOTT could hit a new peak of #17 next week!

fun fact: Carrie was the only woman on the chart to gain spins today and she gained the most audience out of all the women today

FanSince04

Scratching my head that “We Ride” earned so many spins and AI. It’s not my favorite song and sounds like all the other recycled songs being played on radio. Good update for OOTT.

maddkat

Staff member
OOTT remains at #19 (-15/+.135)
19 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Out Of That Truck 3081 3065 16 12.088

'Can't Break Up Now' will pass OOTT this week

CU4ever

Happy for the strong audience gain! One of its best updates in the last couple weeks, so that’s good to see.

hoping OOTT can hold off that song as it’s still 800 points behind, but it’ll need a good week🤞🏼

Zach1998

Even though Old Dominion is about 100 spins away from OOTT, they are still 800k in audience. I know Mediabase is spins focused, but I noticed there was a period of time where Megan had more spins than Carrie, but Carrie still had a higher audience and was able to stay ahead of Megan for a period of time. I think it's because Carrie's spins were from bigger radio stations (which I think makes them more important?) at least that's what I've read. Anyways, I hope the same will happen if Old Dominion surpasses her in spins, that she can still stay ahead for a period of time before they pass.

If she can hang on this week, she has the chance of setting a new peak of #19 on BB (depending if HARDY goes recurrent) and #17 on Mediabase. I would love that, because it would break the tie with HMH's peak.

I think the small milestones I'm hoping for are

-this to surpass HMH's peak. (could happen this week)
-make the top 15. (could happen in the next 4-6 weeks)
-make the top 10 (a stretch, but could happen in the next 8-9 weeks)

This is all baring they keep pushing it. My radio station in ATL actually surprised me this morning playing the new ones from Megan, Lainey, and Carrie all within a 20 minute timeframe, all being played during the morning rush hour, which means they probably had a solid amount of listeners.

PRGuy79

I still can't get over the realization that the biggest hit off the album will be the first single in Carrie's career not to get a music video. I get that music videos are less important these days and that this is a business with everything weighed against a return on investment, but this is Carrie Underwood, arguably UMG Nashville's biggest name. There are a few people who deserve the investment regardless, and Carrie is one of those people. If they decided to release a third single, a music video should have been guaranteed. That is one way to show a superstar of Carrie's caliber that you are committed to their career and want to keep them aligned with your label - especially after the label botched the promotional rollout of the album from the very beginning, which is arguably why the return on investment is now in doubt. If I were Carrie, I would have serious doubts about UMG's long-term intentions with her career and I would be hurt they chose not to show their love/commitment in this very tangible way.

Zach1998

I still can't get over the realization that the biggest hit off the album will be the first single in Carrie's career not to get a music video. I get that music videos are less important these days and that this is a business with everything weighed against a return on investment, but this is Carrie Underwood, arguably UMG Nashville's biggest name. There are a few people who deserve the investment regardless, and Carrie is one of those people. If they decided to release a third single, a music video should have been guaranteed. That is one way to show a superstar of Carrie's caliber that you are committed to their career and want to keep them aligned with your label - especially after the label botched the promotional rollout of the album from the very beginning, which is arguably why the return on investment is now in doubt. If I were Carrie, I would have serious doubts about UMG's long-term intentions with her career and I would be hurt they chose not to show their love/commitment in this very tangible way.
I feel the same way; but if Carrie herself also doesn't really seem to care about her music career anymore, do we actually think she will put in the effort to shop another label. It's gonna be ironic when this becomes one of her top 10 highest streamed songs of her career, yet will have to settle for a top 10 radio peak at absolute best.

Status
Not open for further replies.