Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Zach1998

Her active listeners on Spotify dropped signifcantly, too, which also indicates a pull back on general promotion in playlists, etc. The era is over.
Yeah also noticed they removed ā€œDrunk & Hungoverā€ from the main Apple Music playlist it was in today. Not a coincidence that happened the week OOTT was pulled, the D&R era is over.

For some weird reason, Iā€™m kind of relieved. Time to distance herself from this era/theme that didnā€™t work, rebrand, hopefully collect her 29th #1 this fall with the Cody duet, and come back next year with something country and undeniable.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Yeah also noticed they removed ā€œDrunk & Hungoverā€ from the main Apple Music playlist it was in today. Not a coincidence that happened the week OOTT was pulled, the D&R era is over.

For some weird reason, Iā€™m kind of relieved. Time to distance herself from this era/theme that didnā€™t work, rebrand, hopefully collect her 29th #1 this fall with the Cody duet, and come back next year with something country and undeniable.
Kind of feel the same way. This chart run was causing me a lot of stress and anxiety lol. Hoping Carrie takes note that this era didnā€™t connect, and after taking an extra long break, she comes back ready for a better era with a new sound

CU4ever

OOTT was sent recurrent on Billboard this week, further proof it was outright dropped by UMG (several songs have been allowed to stay on the chart for one drop week when the song had collapsed, even if they lost 800K that week)

This week, Jon Pardi/Luke Bryan's song was sent recurrent by Billboard despite UMG still trying to promote it.

So two songs sent recurrent by the same label in a week, that were still being promoted one week ago šŸ˜¬

angeliccarrie

OOTT was sent recurrent on Billboard this week, further proof it was outright dropped by UMG (several songs have been allowed to stay on the chart for one drop week when the song had collapsed, even if they lost 800K that week)

This week, Jon Pardi/Luke Bryan's song was sent recurrent by Billboard despite UMG still trying to promote it.

So two songs sent recurrent by the same label in a week, that were still being promoted one week ago šŸ˜¬
This sounds like UMG doesn't know what they're doing

maddkat

Staff member
^ they're the largest label on the planet. They know what they're doing. They know what's gonna work at a genre when they first hear it and promote accordingly.

anyway OOTT is done so no more updates. Now we wait to see if the Cody duet ever sees the light of day.

CU4ever

^ they may be the largest label on the planet but they may choose not to spend money on radio. They definitely have the weakest radio team on country radio, their songs consistently get blocked when other labelsā€™ songs donā€™t (two of the biggest hits of last year got blocked, then three decent hits also got blocked). Laughably, UMG managed to get a song shut out on mediabase last year, the chart nearly everyone gets #1 on

OOTT is still alive and climbing top ten in Canada where labels donā€™t promote anything; if it got there in Canada it can get there here. to top it off, the songs Carrie lost out too - fearless, we donā€™t fight anymore, Iā€™m not pretty, canā€™t break up now- songs radio didnā€™t like with months and months of struggling (losing spins and audience regularly, despite each artist having much more momentum as every artistā€™s previous single was #1, Carrieā€™s was #20) are all approaching top ten, yet somehow, only Carrie is done. For reference, all of these songs around #40 in Canada.

The one song that loses out is UMG, none of the others are

CU4ever

Unfortunately, in the country music scene, radio matters. Not other genres, and I wish it was that way, but thatā€™s what all the important people care about

adam1995

Unfortunately, in the country music scene, radio matters. Not other genres, and I wish it was that way, but thatā€™s what all the important people care about
Iā€™d disagree. Look at that Nate Smith who had a 10 week #1 (which I never heard), and Zach Bryan who has only reach the country airplay top ten once, but has a Hot 100 #1. Whoā€™s selling out arenas in record time?

Radio doesnā€™t matter.

CU4ever

Iā€™d disagree. Look at that Nate Smith who had a 10 week #1 (which I never heard), and Zach Bryan who has only reach the country airplay top ten once, but has a Hot 100 #1. Whoā€™s selling out arenas in record time?

Radio doesnā€™t matter.
It matters to the suits in the industry, I never said it mattered to fans who go to shows.

and many fans do care about radio success, but of course, that doesnā€™t equal career success

Last edited:

Zach1998

Until UMG is able to get Carrie's streaming presence up, radio matters, and it matters a lot. The #1 song averages around 40 million audience impressions, you simply cannot argue against that mattering. That's been her bread and butter for almost two decades. But now, we have weak radio promo, and outside of OOTT, weak playlisting. I've had friends that are casual fans of Carrie's, who I've mentioned had a new album out and they didn't even know she released one. On that viral video she stitched with the backup dancers for "Out of That Truck" there were numerous comments saying they were unaware of the songs existence, who enjoyed it.

And I'm still not over how they handled stocking the album over release week. When UMG hasn't run into "supply chain issues" when helping Taylor Swift release 4 different albums, with 4-5 different varients of each album since D&R was released. The same with stocking Dolly's latest which pulled in like 118K pure sales, last November. Weird how there wasn't a stocking issue with that. It really is okay to acknowledge how they have been handling her isn't the best lol. That seems to be the general synopsis across other boards as well, with more casual fans. Really the only place I see people trying to make excuses for UMG is here. Carrie surely hasn't shown up like she should recently. But she was when the album era was first starting, and the fact that she herself went to buy the album at Target and it wasn't even there is flat out embarrassing.

Last edited:

LilUnderwood

I literally donā€™t understand how people who are even casual fans didnā€™t know she had a song or album out. I call myself a casual fan of other artists and Spotify notifies me or I see it somewhere.

maddkat

Staff member
^^ she wasn't there when the album launched. All her TV appearances, the few that there were, were prerecorded. She did next to nothing to promote the album. Just like she did zero to promote the deluxe version. It's okay to say Carrie didn't live up to her end of the bargain.

no one is saying umg didn't make mistakes ( I do believe in 2022 there were still supply chain issues btw) but so did Carrie.

rcramer

There I agree, Carrie has not lived up to her endā€¦.. And if she is comfortable with that, then fineā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m sure will get new musicā€¦..

and Iā€™m so loving her Sirius channelā€¦..

CU4ever

^^ she wasn't there when the album launched. All her TV appearances, the few that there were, were prerecorded. She did next to nothing to promote the album. Just like she did zero to promote the deluxe version. It's okay to say Carrie didn't live up to her end of the bargain.

no one is saying umg didn't make mistakes ( I do believe in 2022 there were still supply chain issues btw) but so did Carrie.
I really wonder why Carrie was so removed from this era. it could be said she wants more down time, but she does Vegas, and thatā€™s having to be away from home at least 3 nights a week for a month at a time. So why not just use that time to promote the album or something. Her lack of effort makes me wonder if she didnā€™t even like this album lol

Zach1998

Itā€™s crazy the supply chain issue with UMG seemed to vanish less than 4 months after D&Rā€™s release, so Taylor Swift could do 1.14M in pure sales during release week with Midnights. They surely had no issues finding the resources there and letting her release 5 different versions of the same album.

ANYWHO,
I personally stand by she put this album out to either tour because she missed doing so or due to label obligations, or both if she has a 360 deal to where they get a piece of touring too. Everything about it felt rushed and all over the place.

Last edited:

adam1995

It matters to the suits in the industry, I never said it mattered to fans who go to shows.

and many fans do care about radio success, but of course, that doesnā€™t equal career success
They're not the consumers though. The public consumes the music and produces the profits, not the suits. I'd rather Carrie make music that connects to the fans than to the label heads.

Eder Rodrigues

They may know this, but I would like to know Carrie's audience's average age. That's a key factor in determining where to find this audience and where to invest your moneyā€”whether it's in streaming platforms, radio, tours, etc. I'm 35 now, living in Brazil, and I haven't cared about radio since I was 15. I only see older people (50+) listening to the radio as background music. The majority of people just put on a playlist on a device and that's it. I guess it's different in the US.