Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

CU4ever

-2 is better than we’ve been seeing, but the question is if these are improvements gaining towards a + update. Tomorrow likely will be a bad update since last Wednesday OOTT gained 92 spins, it’s gonna probably lose like 80 tomorrow due to losing that.

But yeah. This one is sadly done soon. Wish it could survive to Lainey is but oh well. 17 is decent, lots of singers have songs peak around there and then have their next song be a hit, so I’m just ready for new music that’l have a shot of going top 10. Plus, a top ten hit in Canada tells me this one should have been a hit here too. But regardless, I’ll still think of OOTT as a soft hit

CU4ever

Another reason this song struggled is radio still only wants to play 2-3 women at a time, maximum. This song’s chart run consistently had 5-7.

If OOTT and Lainey’s song were the only ones on the chart, it would have gone straight to #1 like Carrie’s music did when it was just her, Miranda, and sometimes another artist on the chart. for instance, Ghost Story, not only got a radio deal to give it momentum, but it was also on the chart when there were only 3 women in the top 30, so radio was forced to play it

Zach1998

She fought a good fight. I’d say it beating HMH’s peak despite all factors against it is a win. It for sure deserved top 5 minimum though based on streaming.

On the bright side, it continues to stream well and we will have another platinum song in the next couple of years (it’s already been gold eligible for months now.)

CU4ever

I dont think OOTT will recover but I don’t think they dropped it today. Just lost the huge gain it had last Wednesday and then some.

The song did deserve better, and Canada proves that. If it can go top 10 there, there’s no reason it couldn’t here, which is why I think UMG has a weak radio team. And that makes me sad. But everything was against it. Radio’s treatment of women, momentum, promotion, etc. We deserved that top ten. But this is a hit in my book. Decent peak, good streams, and connected well. Hopefully we can get another song like that next era.

Regardless, I’m still excited for the possibilities for her next radio song. 17 isn’t bad by any means, and it still leaves room for her to come back and have a top ten hit. We have to remember some artists like Miranda or Maren’s last singles peaked in the 40s. I truly believe Carrie isn’t phased out by any means and her lead single has a real shot of going top ten, maybe even top five. Especially since Ghost Story did.

Last edited:

Zach1998

Really would love a new label or management. Just someone with a new vision.
There has been tons of hype with Miranda with her new partnership with Republic/Big Loud. I would love for Carrie to strike a similar deal, but idk if she cares enough to shop a new label.

CU4ever

Really would love a new label or management. Just someone with a new vision.
There has been tons of hype with Miranda with her new partnership with Republic/Big Loud. I would love for Carrie to strike a similar deal, but idk if she cares enough to shop a new label.
It just feels like no one on Carrie’s team cares about fighting for the best for her career.

I feel like the big problem is, even if Carrie wanted a new label, isn’t she probably under contract with UMG for another 3 albums? Or did the MG/MS albums count? Would be exciting if they did, could mean only one album left with UMG

Zach1998

It just feels like no one on Carrie’s team cares about fighting for the best for her career.

I feel like the big problem is, even if Carrie wanted a new label, isn’t she probably under contract with UMG for another 3 albums? Or did the MG/MS albums count? Would be exciting if they did, could mean only one album left with UMG
I have no way of knowing if they count or not. They should imo, since they did so well. I do know that usually their contracts after their first deal aren’t as long as their initial contract.

Miranda for example, had a three album deal with Sony after her initial contract was up (possibly four but I’m not sure if The Marfa Tapes counted.)

But I do think we run into the issue of comfort again. She knows the people at UMG, Cindy Mabe was a part of her early career at Sony; if they’re letting her do whatever, she might not care about the other stuff, (which I hate.)

RenegadeChaser

Do we know how many albums the contract was for?

adam1995

The problem here, to me, it seems that Carrie is one of those people. I think if Carrie wanted to do big things she would be able to. She just didn't put a lot of effort into this album, most here would agree. I don't think it's because she wasn't supported by the label, I think it's at least in part because she wasn't as interested this go around.

I don't really know what that means overall, or for the next era, but if she wants to do big things, I think she could.

rangers73

The problem here, to me, it seems that Carrie is one of those people. I think if Carrie wanted to do big things she would be able to. She just didn't put a lot of effort into this album, most here would agree. I don't think it's because she wasn't supported by the label, I think it's at least in part because she wasn't as interested this go around.

I don't really know what that means overall, or for the next era, but if she wants to do big things, I think she could.
You never know mike might be pressuring her to Spend more time at home with him and the kids rather than do any publicity for a song you never know what goes on behind the scenes just saying

CU4ever

I have no way of knowing if they count or not. They should imo, since they did so well. I do know that usually their contracts after their first deal aren’t as long as their initial contract.

Miranda for example, had a three album deal with Sony after her initial contract was up (possibly four but I’m not sure if The Marfa Tapes counted.)

But I do think we run into the issue of comfort again. She knows the people at UMG, Cindy Mabe was a part of her early career at Sony; if they’re letting her do whatever, she might not care about the other stuff, (which I hate.)
It’s confusing because I think Lady A’s Christmas album didn’t count on their original deal with BMLG.

I still want to know why she left Sony, but is ok with UMG. I really hope it wasn’t just so she could not do anything, because she was taking long breaks at Sony too

Zach1998

It’s confusing because I think Lady A’s Christmas album didn’t count on their original deal with BMLG.

I still want to know why she left Sony, but is ok with UMG. I really hope it wasn’t just so she could not do anything, because she was taking long breaks at Sony too
She left Sony for control to be able to experiment with songs that didn’t follow the norms for whatever was working at radio. (Which so far has shown not to be a good thing based on how they’ve performed.) As well as picking singles.

I do feel like she was more supported by the label at Sony though (even if I think they could’ve done more.) And honestly maybe the people at the label were better at knowing what works, because most of the songs she’s chosen since the move haven’t. (and I think a lot forget that if it were up to her at the time, she wanted “I ain’t in Checota anymore” to be the fourth single from Some Hearts, over the vastly superior “Wasted” but Sony chose “Wasted instead)

Hil

Sure, we don’t know, but that’d be about the last reason on my list.
Agree, if that were the case she wouldn't be doing Vegas. That takes her away from home more than anything lol Promo is spotty. It's more like a couple days away here and there lol Lots she can even do via home. She even travels to do lots of shows. Being away doesn't seem to be the problem at all. Full tour is a different story, but i don't even think she's done touring. She'll at the very least do a fairwell tour, but I don't think she'll ever be doing one of those, or it's very far away. Some peeps dropped the ball as far as promo and it's okay to say that.

CU4ever

She left Sony for control to be able to experiment with songs that didn’t follow the norms for whatever was working at radio. (Which so far has shown not to be a good thing based on how they’ve performed.) As well as picking singles.

I do feel like she was more supported by the label at Sony though (even if I think they could’ve done more.) And honestly maybe the people at the label were better at knowing what works, because most of the songs she’s chosen since the move haven’t. (and I think a lot forget that if it were up to her at the time, she wanted “I ain’t in Checota anymore” to be the fourth single from Some Hearts, over the vastly superior “Wasted” but Sony chose “Wasted instead)
Gee. If she really left just because of singles... I have to wonder if she'd be disappointed by the results UMG is giving her. I sort of thought she chose the singles with how Blown Away and Storyteller, the singles were going in a certain order from the album tracklist. If sound was an issue, I wish she could have just worked out a deal. I would guess Sony tried hard to get her to stay, so what she wanted at the time must have been pretty big. I do know she said Sony wouldn't let her do a Christmas album.

But UMG isn't the only label that would let Carrie choose her own singles and have more creative freedom. I just wish she could see that, because she used to say she was a competitive person