Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

monkeyboy16

She just needs to start stepping out of her comfort zone again. It’s funny thinking of her Howard Stern interview and everyone thought BHC was the biggest risk and it certainly paid off. Even her label thought JTTW was a risk. It’s time to go back to that mindset. Storyteller was a big risk, especially with Smoke Break as the lead single, and that paid off too.

CU4ever

She just needs to start stepping out of her comfort zone again. It’s funny thinking of her Howard Stern interview and everyone thought BHC was the biggest risk and it certainly paid off. Even her label thought JTTW was a risk. It’s time to go back to that mindset. Storyteller was a big risk, especially with Smoke Break as the lead single, and that paid off too.
I wonder if she and her team would think the more pop sound the last two albums was a big risk, but one that didn’t pay off. I sort of feel like that could be a good thing though, if it encourages her to go back to a 90s country sound. Maybe that’s the risk she needs to take now

Eder Rodrigues

I disagree. "Smoke Break" and "Heartbeat" were both poor single choices. "Church Bells" and "Dirty Laundry", along with that incredible (and in my opinion the biggest) tour, were the key factors to the success of that album and era.

Smokyiiis

I disagree. "Smoke Break" and "Heartbeat" were both poor single choices. "Church Bells" and "Dirty Laundry", along with that incredible (and in my opinion the biggest) tour, were the key factors to the success of that album and era.
Probably my least favorite two singles of all time….smoke break and heartbeat. I cringed with the video for heartbeat…..
Church Bells deserved the full video treatment.

Hil

LOVED Smoke Break... it's always a jam for me. I really like Heartbeat, she does some really cool things with her voice on the verses, and the chorus her vocals are just open and gorgeous. I'm gonna disagree. Of course these are all personal opinions, but i totally dig everything about the storyteller era. Wish Church Bells would have gotten an iconic video, but i get her wanting to promote the tour.

CU4ever

Smoke Break and Heartbeat are my favorite Carrie singles in the last ten years, aside from OOTT 😩 Plus both were huge hits (but as was Church Bells)

Zach1998

I agree. I feel like “Smoke Break” was incredibly safe. I enjoy the song, but if it was going to be a single it should’ve been a later one, just to get another easy #1. The first two singles of that era, while enjoyed, were too calm imo. Should’ve been something with more of a bang, like Church Bells or RR or even DL to a lesser extent.

I would really love another album like Storyteller. It just has a zero burn rate for me and I feel like would fit in just as well now with the current trends as it did in 2015.

Last edited:

CU4ever

They dropped it. You don’t gain one day to lose half a million a day later. Sad. this song could’ve been a big hit. It had all the makings of one and it connected the most since southbound.

but anyway, I don’t believe Carrie can’t have another hit at radio, and I won’t believe that yet. But she needs to come back with the right single, hopefully something like OOTT or Southbound, or a 90s country sound. Another song that can connect so she can have a hit. Ghost Story was a hit so another hit isn’t impossible. It’s only been two songs missing top ten, not bad at all.

In the end, everything was against OOTT. Too many women on the chart for radio, no momentum, no promo, many weeks on the chart, weak radio team. And it still did ok, it wasn’t a flop. And it saved her from a peak in the 40s, and didn’t phase her out. It peaked just high enough to still allow her to have a hit next era, and for that, im happy.

Her next single could have everything going for it. Following the Cody duet, a radio deal, and hopefully, good promo. She can definitely bounce back next era, Imo, and she definitely can still have a hit. Let’s just hope she does come back in a big way with the right song she can have a top ten!

Last edited:

rcramer

I liked SB..... There were so many Gems that were not released as singles but oh well....

Thankfully now since DC is moving up the charts nicely, the Duet will be next... This will at least keep his chart success going and hers back in the right direction..... Carrie needs a country album IMO...

PRGuy79

Her active listeners on Spotify dropped signifcantly, too, which also indicates a pull back on general promotion in playlists, etc. The era is over.

Smokyiiis

I agree. I feel like “Smoke Break” was incredibly safe. I enjoy the song, but if it was going to be a single it should’ve been a later one, just to get another easy #1. The first two singles of that era, while enjoyed, were too calm imo. Should’ve been something with more of a bang, like Church Bells or RR or even DL to a lesser extent.

I would really love another album like Storyteller. It just has a zero burn rate for me and I feel like would fit in just as well now with the current trends as it did in 2015.
My sentiments exactly.