Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burst

They may know this, but I would like to know Carrie's audience's average age. That's a key factor in determining where to find this audience and where to invest your money—whether it's in streaming platforms, radio, tours, etc. I'm 35 now, living in Brazil, and I haven't cared about radio since I was 15. I only see older people (50+) listening to the radio as background music. The majority of people just put on a playlist on a device and that's it. I guess it's different in the US.
I think this is the main issue. Carrie is much more popular with the 40+ demographic and her team hasn’t even attempted to push her with younger fans, meaning streams are low overall. Since older fans often just buy the CD, she gets 1 sale, which is obviously appreciated, but can’t compare to the numbers she would get with better playlisting or any attempt at social media posts to connect with teens/early 20s.

liz278

I am one of the over 40+ people and I don't listen to country radio. I have a Spotify account and I have Apple Music. So most of what I listen to is streams. I don't know of anyone my age that listens to the radio. I don't know if I am different from other people over 40.

rangers73

Yeah also noticed they removed “Drunk & Hungover” from the main Apple Music playlist it was in today. Not a coincidence that happened the week OOTT was pulled, the D&R era is over.

For some weird reason, I’m kind of relieved. Time to distance herself from this era/theme that didn’t work, rebrand, hopefully collect her 29th #1 this fall with the Cody duet, and come back next year with something country and undeniable.
I’m not being a Karen but I’m sick of hearing about the duet who knows if it will be a single just wish Carrie would acknowledge the duet November seems so far away maybe she will mention it at the fan club party I like cody but think he spoke to soon about the duet to the press because now us fans are unpatiently waiting

CU4ever

OOTT, despite being pulled, only lost 85 spins/300K today.

This is almost a shockingly slow fall, kind of hard to believe. Every song at this position drops like a sack of bricks when pulled. Seems like radio did like this song but UMG just doesn’t spend much on radio promotion. Kind of sad to see this.

Zach1998

I’m not being a Karen but I’m sick of hearing about the duet who knows if it will be a single just wish Carrie would acknowledge the duet November seems so far away maybe she will mention it at the fan club party I like cody but think he spoke to soon about the duet to the press because now us fans are unpatiently waiting
Well Cody has been on record saying it’ll be on Leather deluxe when he first spilled the beans. He has also said that the deluxe will come out sometime this fall since then. So unless CU and team have blocked it since then (very poor decision if they did), then it’s safe to say it’s coming.

CU has always liked to keep everything under lock and key till it happens. So I’m not surprised she hasn’t spoken a word about it, because when he first spilled the beans her team still had plans to push OOTT. Also, remember how random the Jason duet was, nobody saw it coming, so she’s probably trying to talk as little about it as possible, until it actually happens.

rcramer

Well Cody has been on record saying it’ll be on Leather deluxe when he first spilled the beans. He has also said that the deluxe will come out sometime this fall since then. So unless CU and team have blocked it since then (very poor decision if they did), then it’s safe to say it’s coming.

CU has always liked to keep everything under lock and key till it happens. So I’m not surprised she hasn’t spoken a word about it, because when he first spilled the beans her team still had plans to push OOTT. Also, remember how random the Jason duet was, nobody saw it coming, so she’s probably trying to talk as little about it as possible, until it actually happens.
Further more perfect timing for the duet since DC is climbing to the penthouse. Maybe to premature but I can’t see this not making the penthouse either. It’s such an awesome song..

maddkat

Staff member
^ are you talking about OOTT? It's done. If the duet we haven't heard it so I'd say yeah way too premature.

rcramer

No I'm talking the duet...... If it is going to happen I can see it being in the fall... Since DC is doing well so far on the charts.... Is it not close to Top 20?

montdu39

What’s the peak? Top 16? Hey, not bad for 20 years into a career.

We need killer duets to give her some momentum, and then we need an undeniable first single for the next era to re-energize her commercial success. If not, I’ll keep enjoying the music she puts out regardless.

CU4ever

OOTT continues a rather slow fall this week, only losing 245 spins today. Really disappointing to see. I wish she was on Big Loud or another label. Lainey’s song is pushing for #1 this week and is gaining almost 400 spins a day, an insane push

Status
Not open for further replies.