Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pia Toscano Thread

gaycarebear

We haven't seen very much of her...until last night. When it's clear she is the front-runner, imo. Her biggest competition with the girls is Lauren A. and Thia.

I think her performance of "I'll Stand By You" was the big highlight from last night. Granted, Carrie will always give the greatest cover of the song, Pia certainly did it justice. I loved how she changed up some notes of the melody, and of course, the glory notes at the end were fantastic.

What did you guys think? Is she a lock for the Top 12?

Claire2004

I'm no expert but I think she's certainly a lock for top 12. I'm really liking the set of contestants this year, much much more talented than last season's group.

gaycarebear

I'm no expert but I think she's certainly a lock for top 12. I'm really liking the set of contestants this year, much much more talented than last season's group.

Agreed. This year, there's so much more vocal talent and stage presence with this year's group, overall.

pklongbeach

Now this is a thread we can both agree on.
Pia did a great job.
I am pleased to say it was different enough from Carries that there is not much need for comparisons cause they both put their signature on it which is what a vocalist should do.
Interestingly, I always felt like Carries was very simplistic in arrangement and I always wanted her to "take off" as we all know Carrie can. And Pia did. But the Carrie arrangement has become for me a special kind of Carrie. Simple pure and about "the voice". So I do love it.
But I am sure impressed with Pias interpretive abilities. I am very interested to see where she goes with her song choices. She has raised the bar quite high for herself, though she can clearly deliver.
I just wonder where she wants to go as an artist.
It was so clear with Carrie that you could hear exactly what she would be grat at and that is what she did.
I don't know Pia yet to even know. I wonder if she knows herself well enough yet to know what kind of artist she wants to be.
With a voice like that, she can be anything.
I will tell you this, I am glad that I am not going to spend an entire season with Lauren be pimped as the next Carrie Underwood, cause I am going to be too busy paying attention to what Pia and Thia are doing.
Should be exciting.

HuiZ

LOVE her voice. And from what I've seen so far, she seems to be pretty mature and classy too.

Carrieflattsfan

Pia was absolutely stunning. One of the best early performances since Idol started ten years ago.

Love her voice as well; I'm rooting for her. :D

As much as I like Lauren's voice, I loved that Pia stole the show from her last night...

gaycarebear

Now this is a thread we can both agree on.
Pia did a great job.
I am pleased to say it was different enough from Carries that there is not much need for comparisons cause they both put their signature on it which is what a vocalist should do.
Interestingly, I always felt like Carries was very simplistic in arrangement and I always wanted her to "take off" as we all know Carrie can. And Pia did. But the Carrie arrangement has become for me a special kind of Carrie. Simple pure and about "the voice". So I do love it.
But I am sure impressed with Pias interpretive abilities. I am very interested to see where she goes with her song choices. She has raised the bar quite high for herself, though she can clearly deliver.
I just wonder where she wants to go as an artist.
It was so clear with Carrie that you could hear exactly what she would be grat at and that is what she did.
I don't know Pia yet to even know. I wonder if she knows herself well enough yet to know what kind of artist she wants to be.
With a voice like that, she can be anything.
I will tell you this, I am glad that I am not going to spend an entire season with Lauren be pimped as the next Carrie Underwood, cause I am going to be too busy paying attention to what Pia and Thia are doing.
Should be exciting.

Awesome. Agree with all of this. :) Yea, that's what I loved about it, she put her own spin on it and it's so different from Carrie's that you can't even compare them. I love them both equally. One thing I loved so much about this is that it built. It was nice and even in the beginning, and then she took off near the middle and the end was just...wow. I think with her, Thia, and Lauren (sorry I do like her) it will be an interesting competition. I'm finally really excited about this show again after HER performance this week. I'm super excited to see her song choices.

Anyone know the theme for next week?

pklongbeach

Big voice. I am starting to pick out the unique aspects of her singing personality. And I really like them. I like the choices she makes as a singer.
Don't kill me, but I hope to see some change up's in her hair. She is an obviously gorgeous girl and I would like to seem some softer warmer tone to her hair. I have never been a big fan of the "Pocohontas" thing.
Carrie has done it to, and I didn't like it then either.
Just my personal likes. I love the big flowing locks.

JB172

^^ Thanks Patrick. Having three daughters who all loved watching "Pocohontas" when they were younger and my 6 year old still watches it from time to time, I am going to think of "Colors of the Wind" now whenever Pia sings. lol

Pia is just stunning and she is another in a group of about 6 or 7 who can win.

deymayor

Her ISBY is better than Carrie's granted that it's only about a third of the entire song. However, we can argue that Carrie is country and for her to take on R&B and other genre and make it awesome is already a great complement.

Concrete Angel

Right from day 1 I've wanted Lauren to win, but I'm finding it so hard to keep that opinion with the performances that Pia is knocking out. I have never heard someone sing a Celine Dion song and do it justice, and she did. I'm just a little worried about what she can do next? I mean 'I'll Stand By You' could have been a finale performance, it was that good!

rosie08

Pia is my favorite out of all!!! her vocals remind me of our girl! but noone is better then carrie.