Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pia Toscano Thread

HuiZ

Reminds me a lot of Jordin's Tattoo. Not crazy about the production, but overall it's an ok single I guess. Jordin has been struggling on radio in this Gaga-Katy Perry era, so I really don't know how Pia will do tbh. Hopefully for her, the promo and Idol hype will help this song reach some success.

gaycarebear

Reminds me a lot of Jordin's Tattoo. Not crazy about the production, but overall it's an ok single I guess. Jordin has been struggling on radio in this Gaga-Katy Perry era, so I really don't know how Pia will do tbh. Hopefully for her, the promo and Idol hype will help this song reach some success.

At least Gaga can actually sing. I agree, with today's climate and people like Katy and Ke$ha being able to sell, I dont know if Pia fits in. I would love her to, since she has a great set of pipes. I'm hoping the idol hype helps

HuiZ

At least Gaga can actually sing. I agree, with today's climate and people like Katy and Ke$ha being able to sell, I dont know if Pia fits in. I would love her to, since she has a great set of pipes. I'm hoping the idol hype helps
I think this song will do ok since she obviously has the backing of the label and management before she was even signed, but I just don't know if it will blow up big. Few years ago, maybe. Now... not sure.

Haha, I actually really love Katy's voice (it's unique to me), so I wasn't intending to mean that those two can't sing :p Just meant the style of music that is popular these days. Even Swift can't seem to do well on Pop anymore.

bigbluegrl23

I think this song will do ok since she obviously has the backing of the label and management before she was even signed, but I just don't know if it will blow up big. Few years ago, maybe. Now... not sure.

Haha, I actually really love Katy's voice (it's unique to me), so I wasn't intending to mean that those two can't sing :p Just meant the style of music that is popular these days. Even Swift can't seem to do well on Pop anymore.

when taylor released love story and you belong with me to pop, gaga and katy were already HUGE.. ts's singles this era just arent good especially story of us haha
becca T

HuiZ

when taylor released love story and you belong with me to pop, gaga and katy were already HUGE.. ts's singles this era just arent good especially story of us haha
becca T
I think it's mainly because Pop relies heavily on "freshness" factor. Taylor's music is not the typical ones Pop would play but because she was "new" to Pop during Fearless era (with huge album numbers), they played her a lot.

This Time sounding like Tattoo part 2 sort of puts Pia into the same boat imo, since the song feels like it's been heard before from another artist, not too long ago.

Naco1776

Pity poor Jimmy Iovine. The Interscope chairman inherited the "American Idol" franchise that once belonged to Clive Davis, just in time to get the first season where both the top two finishers were country.

What's a titan without a Nashville division to do? Look and see if there's a potential Jennifer Hudson or Chris Daughtry premature-elimination success story to be had. In the case of season 10, the obvious pick for that slot is Pia Toscano, whom conventional wisdom had winning in a shoo-in before America did its shooing out.

Review: 'Idol' alum Pia Toscano's single 'This Time' - Yahoo! News

Carrieflattsfan

Excellent videos of Pia performing "Empire State Of Mind" & "California King Bed" at the Idol concert in Arizona.
From Piafans:

Pia's single "This Time" is also being used in the new AI promo ads & in SYTYCD ads.

TT also sold 19,000 copies in its first week. :)

carriecountrystar

wow, pia sounds GREAT on Empire State Building!! Her vocals fit it so well like it does Alicia Keys!
I wish she had done that song on AI! This song is quite popular and would have resonate well with voters.

HuiZ

I was so glad to see Pia's SYTYCD performance! Seriously.

Her stage presence isn't fantastic yet, but anyone can see she is at least TRYING to loosen up. Good job, Pia. Keep going in that direction.

Although her clothes aren't that great, but it's SO MUCH BETTER (for me) to see her wearing something different. I was really really bored of her same old tight-fitting glittery short dresses. They make her look like some lounge singer tbh. I think the tight dresses combined with high heels and her shyness, really restricted her movements on stage.

Next thing that I hope she tries is.... different hairstyle. :p

AIgrl06

Ahh, I love your concert review, Hil! It makes me want to go see the show! If I can get good tickets for cheap I'm totally going.