Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the singles

Zach1998

Sadly, I really really feel like PC is going to be single two… and honestly that just greatly upsets me. There’s like a 5% chance it does well and a 95% chance it just doesn’t do well at all. I mean, first Love Wins, now likely Pink Champagne… sighs. Burn, Crazy Angels, even She Don’t Know & all the ones you named, I am 100% confident would easily go to #1. They’re all (especially Burn and CA) extremely radio friendly. PC is just too pop sounding IMO. Burn and CA are fun songs but safe as well, whereas PC is not safe sounding. I’m just disappointed ’cause I know there are singles that would return Carrie to the top of the charts (maybe even two weeks) & now it’s likely we have to spend until next September following a song to #20
I think Pink Champagne is a coin flip. I could see it doing well. Or I could see it pulling a Love Wins/ Drinking Alone. I don't think it'd do worse than those considering how poorly Love Wins connected and how polarizing Drinking Alone was, yet both still made it top 10, where Pink Champagne is connecting pretty well and not very polarizing.

That said. I still don't want it lol

CU4ever

I think Pink Champagne is a coin flip. I could see it doing well. Or I could see it pulling a Love Wins/ Drinking Alone. I don't think it'd do worse than those considering how poorly Love Wins connected and how polarizing Drinking Alone was, yet both still made it top 10, where Pink Champagne is connecting pretty well and not very polarizing.

That said. I still don't want it lol
Idk, is PC connecting well? It got the benefit of special treatment with playlist ads and a YouTube video, but aside from that idk if it is that much tbh. I just think, if radio didn’t like GS, I don’t think they’d like PC (I would say they’re both similar in sound just different topics)

Reactions: Hil

simonplay

Yeah I feel like they will release Pink Champagne, it's Carrie's favorite and they probably think that will go well with the festivities, Christmas and New Year 😬

I'm not even going to follow that chart run tbh 😂

PRGuy79

They need to pick a single that clearly resonates and Pink Champagne is doing best among the album's songs with streaming. I absolutely love it. Some have argued that the only reason Pink Champagne is resonating is because of promotion - but the label has promoted Ghost Story and it never connected. I say bring on either PC or Crazy Angels to bring new life into an era that has seemed to fly under the radar so far, sadly.

carriefan14

Agree that they need to pick the best song that they can for the next single. GS has clearly peaked and it will not be a number one. Single 2 is probably they're last chance to get a top 5 hit from this album...will be surprised if we get 4 singles this era

Which is upside down & backwards because it contains her most radio friendly songs to date...yet I think due to her age radio is blocking her from getting top 10....

But what is the best song? I think it needs to be something fun

LilUnderwood

I think PC would be a huge mistake. Rock on that Carrie loves it but I think it’s the way wrong way to go! I think CA, SDK, HMH, BURN would all do so much better! If they pick PC I’m literally going to be baffled and like what are you doing?!

countrymusicfan15

I’m still sticking with CA. I have thought since the moment I heard it that it just HAS to be single #2. There really is no other option. Then follow it up with Burn and VH. But I think after GS, they need to release a much more upbeat song…and Burn and VH (while both amazing) are just a little too mid-tempo to come after GS. And then PC…well it just shouldn’t be a single lol

In a perfect world we get CA then Burn, VH, and SDK..in that order. But I’m worried too about the prospect of even getting 4 singles so not going to hold my breath.

Momin

I think they might save CA for next summer. Right now they might go with VH, Burn or SDK. I'm thinking maybe SDK, it's the countriest song on the album and I don't think they will miss the opportunity to send it to radio. It's also very "cinematic" as Carrie described it and we know she loves to make those songs singles.

SpanishFan

CA is the song that we all think for sure is going to be N.1. But it also has a very good summer sound and I think it's a mistake to release it as a single at Christmas. I think Crazy Anges should be the third single from the album, so it comes out in April and Carrie can perform at the ACMs, maybe BBMAs, CMTs and by summer CA would be N.1 and hopefully for several weeks.
So the second single has to be a powerful song but not CA. The options are Velvet HeartBreak, Pink Champaine or She Don't Know, and even Poor Everybody else, that song is perfect to perform at the CMAs.

I don't really know which song they're going to choose, but I'd like it to be She Don't Know, it's a very radio-friendly song.

carriefan14

^ poor everybody else would not be a good choice as a single. Maybe as a performance song...but it doesn't have a lot of substance

FanSince04

I’m pretty set on Burn being the next single! It’s perfect for fall/winter and has staying power on radio.

I’m not against PC but would be curious to see how radio feels about it. Then again… look at what they did with GS. Does it really matter all that much what they choose? Radio will be radio.

bigd79

I agree that Crazy Angels should probably be saved for next spring/summer, so for next single i really think it either needs to be Velvet Heartbreak or Burn. I love PC but i’m just not sure how radio would take to it. VH and Burn seem like they are more surefire a good fall/winter run, although with how radio is treating Carrie with GS who really knows anymore.

carriefan14

^ Agree w/ Burn. They need a strong country single right now. In fact, I would have started the era off with Burn in April. That would have really kick-started this album, and then followed it up with "Hate My Heart" in October in time for the tour, and #3 would have been Crazy Angels. To showcase this album that has been touted as "fun" multiple times....

GS I wouldn't have touched lol

simonplay

I would say no to Hate my Heart, it is promoted on the Wild Country playlist on spotify and it's streaming less than songs than are not in any playlists 😬 not to mention it was the worst selling song in the album debut week.. seems like people are not as interested in HMH as they are in other songs.

Agree that Crazy Angels would be great for summer but not for fall/winter.

I would say Velvet Heartbreak, Burn or She Don't Know.

SDK sounds the best for winter/fall and we deserve a epic music video! 😎 (not another Church Bells situation)

LilUnderwood

I see a lot of love for HMH on Twitter and other social media platforms. I know early on when people would press HMH GS would play on their album. I know it got fixed so maybe that’s why initial low streaming numbers.

simonplay

I see a lot of love for HMH on Twitter and other social media platforms. I know early on when people would press HMH GS would play on their album. I know it got fixed so maybe that’s why initial low streaming numbers.
The streaming is low now even when the song it's promoted on Spotify. What was low was the sales in the first week of the album release.

The songs promoted on Spotify are PC , CA and HMH.
HMH is higher on the playlist than CA, yet CA is streaming better and I think even Poor Everybody Else is streaming better than HMH and is not in any playlist. 😅