Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the singles

CU4ever

Yeah, GS was a bad single choice IMO. I didn’t expect it to be a hit, but it tested well, and that’s why it should have been an easy #1.

PC I think does worse than GS.

we really need “burn” next. It’s a sure fire hit. Then do CA in the summer

CU4ever

Burn or Velvet Heartbreak are my picks for the next single.
Crazy Angels will be perfect for summer! Tiktok videos during the summer could really help this!
Tiktok videos could help with a lot for Carrie but her team won’t get with how things work in 2022, sadly

maddkat

Staff member
just thinking... on the last Opry ,Aug 20, the first show was taped for later airing on circle all access. The only D&R song she sang on that show besides GS was VH. So I'm guessing VH is the next single. :) But if it's Burn I wouldn't be mad.

PRGuy79

Velvet Heartbreak would be perfect! It may be my favorite on the entire album. I have been surprised that it isn't among the most streamed songs organically, but I'm hoping that with the right promotion, it will take off!

CU4ever

I’m not so certain VH would do great. I might do okay, but not that much better than GS.

Momin

I feel like VH is one of those songs that if it doesn't get released next, it might lose traction/momentum over the era. Like I can CA doing well regardless - doesn't matter if it's the 3rd or 4th single. I can see that with Burn too, can do well any time. VH makes the most sense as the 2nd single, think it has its best chances as the next one.

A parallel I can think of is LW - not that it did extraordinarily well as the second single, but I think it would have done worse if released as the 3rd or 4th single.

Zach1998

Velvet Heartbreak might not be a #1 hit if released (I personally think it would though), but I’ve seen so many with the argument that she shouldn’t care about radio anymore, but I had always felt more to be desired from her choices so far when not thinking about radio (CP, LW, GS), but this is one I could totally get behind. It’s just infectious.

SpanishFan

She dont Know should be the next single. We can have a great video with a story and also it´s the most country song on the album and country radio would love it. It what we need right now. SDK could be N.1 in radio. And then, the smash hit CA, and the final single Burn. They always chose the last single a fan fav ( Drinking alone, Dirty Laundry, See you again) so Burn is going to be the last one.

But also I need some performances of Poor Everybody Else on tv!.

CU4ever

All of her songs have a lot of potential for great videos, but all gets thrown away when she uses the unimaginative Randee St Nicolas yet again.
Oddly enough, Randee did Blown Away… then she lost all her imagination for every video after that. Imagine if Carrie worked with Trey Fanjoy (Somethin’ Bad) or Joseph Kahn (Forever Country)… better yet, a pop director? Artists there have almost always had amazing music videos.

And of course, having a good music video helps create buzz and streaming for the singles

Zach1998

Oddly enough, Randee did Blown Away… then she lost all her imagination for every video after that. Imagine if Carrie worked with Trey Fanjoy (Somethin’ Bad) or Joseph Kahn (Forever Country)… better yet, a pop director? Artists there have almost always had amazing music videos.

And of course, having a good music video helps create buzz and streaming for the singles
Blown away was the closest thing Randee made to a good video (and thank God that was the one she actually got right considering it’s Carrie’s second biggest song.) CP, DA, GS, HB all put me to sleep.

I really wish Carrie would use PR Brown as her long lasting producer. TBC and LTG are some of her best videos to date imo and he’s responsible for them.

CU4ever

Blown away was the closest thing Randee made to a good video (and thank God that was the one she actually got right considering it’s Carrie’s second biggest song.) CP, DA, GS, HB all put me to sleep.

I really wish Carrie would use PR Brown as her long lasting producer. TBC and LTG are some of her best videos to date imo and he’s responsible for them.
Agree on both regards. HB was the only video after BA she did that didn’t look like it had a $3 budget with no story. Videos can really be amazing things to drum up buzz, steaming, and attention for songs and it’s just sad we can’t get some good ones. Imagine if we had a video where they cast some buzzy actor to be in it too? Would elevate the song/streaming that way alone. And yea, TBC was indeed great.

but I can see the video for CA being a concert video, Burn being a woman drinking by a bonfire the whole time, and HMH being a lyric video with Carrie in it… lol