Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Hearts Survivor Game

allamericangirl8

Because I said so. Why you vote for Wasted earlier, homegirl?

Okay, I'll stop being an arsehat. Personally, I love BHC; I just love the remaining songs infinitely more. And I find a few of them underrated, so it's a nice surprise to see them staying alive. I thought DFTRM would've been dead a long time ago, along with TWII. I actually regard WYAB more highly than I regard BHC. Additionally, I find myself disliking the studio recording more and more ever since the Play On Tour. It's so much better now. Every time I hear BHC on the radio, I tend to accidentally sing it like the live versions. It screws me up every time. Well, I guess the same principle could be applied to Wasted, but Wasted is perfect in both forms, in my opinion. But I'm a Wasted fangirl.

If this was a greatest list, however, BHC would be the last song I ever touch.

Skippayeeee

Round 8 voting is over, and by a vote of 4-3-2-1, "Before He Cheats" have been evicted.

Eliminated so far:
14 - Inside Your Heaven
13 - I Ain't In Checotah Anymore
12 - Whenever You Remember
11 - Some Hearts
10 - I Just Can't Live a Lie
9 - We're Young and Beautiful
8 - Lessons Learned
7 - Starts With Goodbye
6 - Before He Cheats

Remaining contenders:
1 - Wasted
2 - Don't Forget to Remember Me
4 - Jesus, Take the Wheel
5 - The Night Before (Life Goes On)
11 - That's Where It Is

I vote to evict... "The Night Before (Life Goes On)".

Voting closes August 21st, 3pm eastern time.

carriefann

Haha "eargasm". I love that! But I disagree. It's just very hard for me to relate to that song. Thats why I don't like it. Well, not that I don't like it, i just don't listen to it. I've always been very unpopular in school (for reasons unknown :)) and this song just kind of reminds me of the popular high school jock and his cheerleader girlfriend. Blah.

allamericangirl8

Haha "eargasm". I love that! But I disagree. It's just very hard for me to relate to that song. Thats why I don't like it. Well, not that I don't like it, i just don't listen to it. I've always been very unpopular in school (for reasons unknown :)) and this song just kind of reminds me of the popular high school jock and his cheerleader girlfriend. Blah.

I don't see the protagonists as "popular kids" at all. Maybe it's because there are no popular kids at my school or something. I partially relate to the song (a certain someone that I really cared about graduated high school in '09 and is attending UCLA, so he seldom visits), and I'm certainly no cheerleader (then again, the cheerleaders are a joke in my school). He was definitely no jock lol.

However, I can completely see the whole cheerleader-jock thing in the song; I just see different, stronger protagonists. I also see the protagonists as characters from, like, a movie or show, but I cannot for the life of me put my finger on which characters and from which movie/show. Grrr.

Carrieflattsfan

AAG is one of my favorite Carrie songs. It's interesting (to me, anyway), that so many people bring up the cheerleader/jock storyline in to lead the entire idea of what a true "All- American Girl" is in our society.

It reminded me of this review:

Carrie Underwood – “All American Girl” | The 9513

Maybe it's because I've always been a "daddies girl" with two brothers (therefore my parents were expecting another boy), but the idea has always sat weird with me.

To me, the song is expressing the unconditional love that a father feels for his daughter, and the journey that's he's taking while he's getting to see his little girl grow up.

That's what life's journey is about. Sometimes what we want isn't what we get, but it's even better than we imagined.

It's about seeing his little girl grow into someone he's proud of, enough for her own husband to want a beautiful little girl to raise.
The pride a father has for his daughter.

Granted, the idea and execution of the song may come across and cutesy and inane to some, but I do think the underlying message of the song is more than just the cheerleader ending up with the football jock.

allamericangirl8

AAG is one of my favorite Carrie songs. It's interesting (to me, anyway), that so many people bring up the cheerleader/jock storyline in to lead the entire idea of what a true "All- American Girl" is in our society.

It reminded me of this review:

Carrie Underwood – “All American Girl” | The 9513

Maybe it's because I've always been a "daddies girl" with two brothers (therefore my parents were expecting another boy), but the idea has always sat weird with me.

To me, the song is expressing the unconditional love that a father feels for his daughter, and the journey that's he's taking while he's getting to see his little girl grow up.

That's what life's journey is about. Sometimes what we want isn't what we get, but it's even better than we imagined.

It's about seeing his little girl grow into someone he's proud of, enough for her own husband to want a beautiful little girl to raise.
The pride a father has for his daughter.

Granted, the idea and execution of the song may come across and cutesy and inane to some, but I do think the underlying message of the song is more than just the cheerleader ending up with the football jock.

Wait, 9513 praising a Carrie song? Is this the twilight zone?

AAG is underrated. It gets dismissed as a cliche, upbeat song and blah blah blah. That song, however, is designed in such a way that it ALWAYS makes the listener happy. Always. Whenever I'm having a bad day and AAG randomly pops up on my iPod, I can't help but feel a little warmth in my chest, like all the blues of the day are getting remedied. There aren't many songs out there that can do just that. I can't think of any at all at the moment, as a matter of fact.