Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Album and Tracks

Smokyiiis

I think that Carrie was really talking about new music coming out next year. There is no way that I see Carrie taking her less than one year baby across the ocean to tour the UK when she could tour in the US. I agree with the others, new music at the end of the year and touring in 2016.

Totally agree Opry! I think they'll release the new album in the fall of next year and she'll tour in 2016. As a mother I would never travel with that baby at that age. Too many risks, including constant environmental changes.

lolita55

We had a preview of it with SITW... and I think we will have another with LTG : D

I think we will have a 5th studio album come out either in november or december of next year, she was already probably halfway through the process when she found out that she was pregnant, which is when she probably decided to switch gears and do a greatest hits album. I could be wrong though, that might have been her plan all along, but who knows. So she is probably already extremly far into the the process of putting her 5th album together, or she may be already done with it. I just hope, that it is an amazing, epic album, that gets met with tons of critical acclaim. I hope that it is soo good, that even the CMA'S, and the ACM'S can no longer deny her an album of the year award, another female vocalist of the year award, and an entertainer of the year award.

JB172

I think we will have a 5th studio album come out either in november or december of next year, she was already probably halfway through the process when she found out that she was pregnant, which is when she probably decided to switch gears and do a greatest hits album. I could be wrong though, that might have been her plan all along, but who knows. So she is probably already extremly far into the the process of putting her 5th album together, or she may be already done with it. I just hope, that it is an amazing, epic album, that gets met with tons of critical acclaim. I hope that it is soo good, that even the CMA'S, and the ACM'S can no longer deny her an album of the year award, another female vocalist of the year award, and an entertainer of the year award.

You are right about switching gears.

IMO the 5th studio album was all but done and they did switch gears when she found out that she was pregnant, so they rolled out the greatest hits album instead of releasing the new studio album and her not being able to tour to support it.

lolita55

You are right about switching gears.

IMO the 5th studio album was all but done and they did switch gears when she found out that she was pregnant, so they rolled out the greatest hits album instead of releasing the new studio album and her not being able to tour to support it.

That is great. So hopefully by this time next year, the album will be out.

jaks_weyn

You're right : D I believe they did switch gears on album 5.. They might even be more than half into the process... They could have completed it this year if Carrie didn't get pregnant... : D But a lot here believes that either if it is a full-on album or GH, SITW is still the lead single...

It makes me wonder though if LTG was also going to be part of the 5th full-on album : D

Last edited:

carriethequeen

YES! I know Carrie doesn't need them and doesn't make music to get awards, but I just want her to get the recognition she deserves. She is such an amazing vocalist and entertainer that she deserves to be honored with these awards!

NC State Carrie Fan

In all the other threads everyone is talking about album 5 like it is already scheduled for release next year....has Carrie said something about new music next fall or is this just everyone's speculation?

maddkat

Staff member
In all the other threads everyone is talking about album 5 like it is already scheduled for release next year....has Carrie said something about new music next fall or is this just everyone's speculation?

I think we're all thinking next fall because of what Carrie said in a radio interview 2 weeks ago with the BBC.
She said she wants to go back over to the UK next year after all the new music stuff is done.

jaks_weyn

I think we're all thinking next fall because of what Carrie said in a radio interview 2 weeks ago with the BBC.
She said she wants to go back over to the UK next year after all the new music stuff is done.

And to add, they mentioned back then that they were already done with half of the album... doesn't make sense if they wait another year or 2 to complete the other half especially if Carrie has already done lots of writing (and maybe recording too)...

carriethequeen

After SITW played the radio mentioned the GH coming out on Dec 9 then said "a whole new album in 2015" I know we all feel confident in our speculation for 2015, but he said it as if he knew for sure

carriefan14

She said "hopefully" she can finish it by summer 2015. so that probably means it could be done anywhere from June to September, and still have time to release by November or December.

I personally believe they were already close to finishing when they found out about the baby and just decided to push it back a year.

pklongbeach

After hearing LTG's I am thinking that album 6 is going to be further from "country music" than she has ever gone. That is not to say it is a bad thing or a good thing. I will not judge her artistry by labels. Just that it is likely............

jptexas

After hearing LTG's I am thinking that album 6 is going to be further from "country music" than she has ever gone. That is not to say it is a bad thing or a good thing. I will not judge her artistry by labels. Just that it is likely............

I don't know about that PK. Have you heard some of the latest bro country music. Sometimes I think we're hearing 70s Rock. LTG is just a natural extension of what Carrie's always done, especially since the BA era.

liz278

I don't know about that PK. Have you heard some of the latest bro country music. Sometimes I think we're hearing 70s Rock. LTG is just a natural extension of what Carrie's always done, especially since the BA era.

Most of Jason Aldean's songs are not what I would call country either.

Farawayhills

It's very unlikely to be as far from Country Music as the Pop half of "Some Hearts" (which Carrie explained in her Entertainment Weekly interview was designed for the special purpose of holding the American Idol audience "If they weren't Country fans, we had to find a way of making them Country fans")

But, with that qualification, I agree that it is, on the whole, likely that Album 5 will be making a move in a more genre-blurring direction. I felt this was implied by some of the clues in the build up to the postponed album (e.g, working with Claude Kelly and the Jackie Boyz. (The latter pair, in fact, commented to the effect that you'd hear a different musical emphasis, without abandoning her roots). I also think there are visual clues in the recent publicity, which seems to stress strong use of make-up, classic gowns and glamorous poses - more reminiscent to me of a cross-genre General Music feel - something I also felt about the dancing in the video produced for SITW.

This wouldn't surprise me, for several reasons. Current trends in the format favour genre-blurring. This is partly because (despite the heartfelt protests of a minority), the financial imperative of the commercial sector has to reflect the fact that a substantial proportion of the spending majority get their music, if not from anywhere, at least from anywhere with a high media profile, and are just as likely to stream a Pop, Rock, Easy Listening artist as they are to stream a Mainstream Country one. As people have said, the commercially successful end of the format is saturated with Pop or General Music influence - as well as Aldean, you could mention Urban, FGL and - let's face it - most other chart artists.

Carrie may, additionally, want to break internationally - and, rightly or wrongly, my feeling is that she may be tempted to do this with an image that includes more General Music features, as a lead in. (As examples, she revived SH for her English and Irish concerts, and in both countries, she noticeably ducked a point from two respected DJs that they wanted "more Twang", and went to a quite different point in her answers.)

For a female artist over thirty, there seem to be generally two choices - leave the Mainstream, and concentrate on the Roots sector (e.g Patty Loveless, Rosanne Cash, Nanci Griffith and many others), or stay in the Mainstream and concentrate on a smoother, more glamorous, genre-free image (e.g Reba McEntire, Faith Hill, Sara Evans, etc.)

Carrie and Miranda don't have to face this choice starkly yet - but it's noticeable that they are both adopting a more high-glamour image, talking about their music a little differently, incorporating more off-genre influence, and toning down their "Bad Girl Phase" somewhat (without abandoning it entirely)

If Carrie does adopt a more General Music influenced aproach to parts of Album 5, I think she will balance it in two or three ways. Firstly, she will emphasize her Country roots, at least briefly, in interview - it's noticeable that she does this - often referring to herself as a Country girl, and even twice recently referring to herself as leaning towards "Hillbilly" and "Redneck" at home. Secondly, and more importantly, I think she'll take care to incorporate Country influences in the song (something she's nearly always done, for example, in the sometimes under-rated LN, UI and Q - all of which include noticeable Country elements to balance their cross-genre influence. This may, as you imply, be harder to find in LTG - but it is very evident (at least to me) in SITW, where the phrasing and intonation of the verse sections leave little doubt that this was intended as a Country song, by a Country singer. There are also thematic Country references at several points in the lyric.

Thirdly, I think Carrie will continue to balance her albums with more overtly Country songs - as she did, for example, with SWISLY and SLT on the generally rather Pop-leaning "Play On".
This, however, is where I feel Carrie may be at something of a disadvantage. She often seems to me as if she sees Country Music primarily as consisting of "Contemporary" (cross-genre influenced) songs, and Nashville neo-traditional songs (e.g. her occasional nods to Travis and Jackson). This, though, can be rather limiting, as it tends to play down modern developments in off-Mainstream Country - e.g. in Country Rock and the more critical "new wave" of songs addressing the contradictions of modern life.

I would like to see Carrie continue to include some styles like LLA and CGAS - even if it's probably inevitable that her label wouldn't release them as singles (though some radio stations were practically begging for SLT a few years ago). I would also like Carrie to be more experimental - but as long as she includes variety, I think she'll be on the way to her second decade in style.

Kizmet311

Most of Jason Aldean's songs are not what I would call country either.

Burnin' It Down is R&B to me, flat out. I actually like the song, but I was a BIG fan of R&B music in the late 90s and early 2000s so I've always liked that style of music.

With the "evolution" of country music as it is today, I honestly still think SITW and LTG both fit right in the country wheelhouse. I don't see Carrie seeking any crossover success with either song and I am not sure how either would be accepted on Top 40. Maybe Hot AC, but I kinda doubt it. Carrie has said that the new sound, look, and feel will still be her, and I think that if the 5th Album doesn't sound a lot like SITW and LTG, that they are at least a bridge from the old sound to the new. To me, these songs would not have sounded out of place on the BA album at all. I really do think that she may be going just more in that direction - more BA, TBC, GG, SITW, LTG. If her new album sounds like those songs, then I certainly won't be able to complain. I do hope that she continues to balance that kind of song with the soft, tender ballads like SWISLY, WAW, TH, and FC, and maybe some mid-tempos like DYTAM. I think she will continue to push the envelope on subject matter, but I do hope she finally throws us a bone with a mushy love song for a single, lol. Even if it's a heartbreak song like SWISLY or WAW.