Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Album and Tracks

pklongbeach

I don't actually see her "trying" to do anything either. I do think it is more about "listening to her inner musician and allowing it to lead her". We must remember she grew up listening to heavy metal and Hard Rock. And she has adimited she loved that music and it very much influenced the way she sang and heard music.
So I don't really see her doing anything with an intent to move in a specific direction career wise. I just think she is listening internally and she is being led by it. That is what an artist does. I just hope while it leads her to her hearts desires, it also leads to success, ha ha ha...... cause honestly, I will listen to her sing anything she wants.....

JB172

Most of Jason Aldean's songs are not what I would call country either.

Country music has got to the point that 95% of what passes for country wouldn't have been consider country 20 years ago, today's country is more of a blended version of all kinds of other genres with a pinch here and there of traditional country.

Farawayhills

I don't actually see her "trying" to do anything either. I do think it is more about "listening to her inner musician and allowing it to lead her". We must remember she grew up listening to heavy metal and Hard Rock. And she has adimited she loved that music and it very much influenced the way she sang and heard music.
So I don't really see her doing anything with an intent to move in a specific direction career wise. I just think she is listening internally and she is being led by it. That is what an artist does. I just hope while it leads her to her hearts desires, it also leads to success, ha ha ha...... cause honestly, I will listen to her sing anything she wants.....

Ideally, yes - but I get the impression that Carrie is a quite meticulous planner, and does put a lot of thought and consideration into the direction of her albums. Initially, she may follow a muse in writing, and may cast her net quite widely in finding other songs. But, after that, I think there's a lengthy process of sifting and selection. I also think that her record of high sales and top two placings is rather more important to her and her team (probably to both) than it might be in the case of some other artists. And I do think that a mixture of themes and styles on her albums comes about more by planning than by accident - she referred in a very recent interview to the importance she attaches to this being a prevailing feature of all her work. Her albums strike me as carefully thought out collections, designed for a mixed audience, and often containing a balance of story-line personas.

oldyfan

I tend to think you're both right. I do see her planning and trying to balance her albums...but, I tend to believe it is not to stray outside of Country, but more as an artist finding herself. She has grown up before our eyes; her storytelling is a reflection of that and I believe her sound is too.

carriefan14

So considering Carrie has said she plans on writing during the last 2 months of her pregnancy, which is late December/January/most of February, I think the album will be out in November 2015.

Wasn't All-American Girl/So Small written in February? And Mama's Song?

sco

Country music has got to the point that 95% of what passes for country wouldn't have been consider country 20 years ago, today's country is more of a blended version of all kinds of other genres with a pinch here and there of traditional country.

I think that is undoubtedly correct. I also think however that what was considered country 20 years ago wouldn't really have been considered country 40 years ago. As for Carrie's stylistic choices, she is in the enviable position of having earned a standing in the industry that allows her to do pretty much whatever she wants. I greatly admire the fact that in her two new songs she has thematically taken on subjects well outside the typical subject matter in country, pop, or rock. That is what I hope for with the new album, that she continue to tell stories with some meat and continues to strive for variety. I love her softer more heart felt songs so I'd love to see more of that as well. I sincerely hope she never feels compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. She'll never win that battle.

Smokyiiis

I think that is undoubtedly correct. I also think however that what was considered country 20 years ago wouldn't really have been considered country 40 years ago. As for Carrie's stylistic choices, she is in the enviable position of having earned a standing in the industry that allows her to do pretty much whatever she wants. I greatly admire the fact that in her two new songs she has thematically taken on subjects well outside the typical subject matter in country, pop, or rock. That is what I hope for with the new album, that she continue to tell stories with some meat and continues to strive for variety. I love her softer more heart felt songs so I'd love to see more of that as well. I sincerely hope she never feels compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. She'll never win that battle.

I honestly don't think that Carrie will ever feel compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. Carrie really tends to forge her own path and break free from the restrictions that many other country artists place on themselves. That's what I fell in love with you. You never feel like you are listening to the same song over and over.....

JB172

I love the vibe the two new songs on the greatest hits album has and I am with you I hope the new album has that vibe to it.

carriethequeen

Jason Scott @JasontheScott · 28m 28 minutes ago
Two new Carrie Underwood co-writes have been registered: 'Get Even' & 'Is It Just Me?' (h/t Typo on @pulsemusicboard)

OMG! Album #5 tracks??

Can someone add the picture showing the co-writers?

Pi314CA

Jason Scott @JasontheScott · 28m 28 minutes ago
Two new Carrie Underwood co-writes have been registered: 'Get Even' & 'Is It Just Me?' (h/t Typo on @pulsemusicboard)

OMG! Album #5 tracks??

Can someone add the picture showing the co-writers?

Typo on Pulse Music Board found more co-writes:

"Hallelujah Hometown" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Million Dollar Bonfire" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

"We've All Got One" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"The Song Plays On" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Tomorrow" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

maddkat

Staff member

I'm liking the titles The Song Plays on and Tomorrow
can't get excited about the title Hallelujah Hometown at all

and We've All Got One...lol,that sounds like the old saying opinions and a****** we've all got one

love that new cowrites are appearing already!!
Just think we could have a new cd of all new songs in 11 months or less : )

gocountrymusic

Really excited with all the Shane co-writes and I'm especially excited that Carrie is working with Brandy Clark too. Hopefully one of these songs make the album.

gocountrymusic

maddkat;4571939I Just think we could have a new cd of all new songs in 11 months or less : )[/QUOTE said:
That thought makes me very happy. It doesn't seem that far away thanks to the GH CD holding us over.

Wildflower

I especially like the sound of Hallelujah Hometown. Hopefully it will be a better version of Thank God For Hometowns. Very excited for album 5!

Claire2004

Oh dear heaven, a Brandy Clark co-write, I'm about to pass out from sheer happiness. Yes!!!! One wish I had was for Carrie to get to co write with Brandy. Wish fulfilled! :)

jaks_weyn

YAY! The co-writes with Brandy Clark have out-of-this-world titles.. very very interesting!<br><br>I want to hear Is It Just Me? and We've All Got One... : D<br>Is It Just Me? sounds like a rocking song with fast-paced lyrics... While We've All Got One sounds like a goofy fun song like One Way Ticket... : D For some reason it feels like a beer song or something, but that won't probably it knowing Carrie's tastes in music : D<br><br>Very unexpected news during the holidays! Imagine we'll get the tracklisting around 8-10 months from now! : D

teesharky

Very happy that carrie wrote with Brandy and Shane! This is exciting! Million dollar bonfire sounds cool- like someone just torched their exes beautiful things. Lol reminds me of that movie Waiting to Exhale with Whitney Houston.

tgbrinker

I need Million Dollar Bonfire now.

I get excited when co-writes with 'critical darlings' appear. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do. To me, I think it shows (in some way) the Academy and Association voters that Carrie is good company to keep and they should think twice about not nominating/voting for her.

tgbrinker

New master list of co-writes. Took from a few places. Correct me or add more if I missed any.

From Windmills
"Chaser" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Clock Don't Stop" (Chris DeStefano / Blair Daly / Hillary Lindsey) (likely cut)
"Future Daughter" (Ashley Gorley / Claude Kelly / Carrie Underwood)
"Microphone" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Pawn Shop Diamond" (Steve McEwan / Maren Morris / Carrie Underwood)
"Renegade Runaway" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Something In The Water" (Chris DeStefano / Brett James / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)
"The Girl You Think I Am" (David Hodges / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)

Songs on hold (NOT confirmed as cuts):
"Fighter" (Johan Fransson / Audra Mae / Tim Larsson / Tobias Lundgren)
"Lighthouse" (Felicia Barton / Meghan Kabir)

Holds, courtesy @Frntporchjunki
"Black Gold" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Red Roses Black" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Junk Yard" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)

Mairy at Pulse Music Board:
"WISHING WELL" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,WILL HOGE)
"THUNDER" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD)
"BLACK AND WHITE" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD)
"RHYTHM OF A BROKEN HEART" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,JACK ANTANOFF)

"Homewrecker Red" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)
"House without any Doors" (Ashely Gorley, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
"Poison Apple" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)

Typo on Pulse Music Board:
'Get Even'
'Is It Just Me?'

"Hallelujah Hometown" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Million Dollar Bonfire" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

"We've All Got One" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"The Song Plays On" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Tomorrow" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)