Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Album and Tracks

Ty

Eh. I think it would be a huge regression for Carrie to go back to making that kind of music. I'm not saying every song has to be as heavy as BA, TBC or LTG but I think she needs to keep pushing the limit thematically.

Stuff like GOOT, TT & AAG is cute but...not the kind of material that defines Carrie as an artist.

adam1995

I love SITW, but like LTG even more. I hope she does more storylines, themes and vocals like that. It doesn't have to be rockish just a heavier theme.

Smokyiiis

^^I'm with Adam. I want more storylines too. They're dramatic, she really gets into them when singing them too! I LOVE LTG and hope after the good old boys club gets through with their manipulation of the billboard charts and Carrie's SITW tops the charts....that she releases LTG to tide us over until September when her new album is coming out. (That's my guess....)

teesharky

Eh. I think it would be a huge regression for Carrie to go back to making that kind of music. I'm not saying every song has to be as heavy as BA, TBC or LTG but I think she needs to keep pushing the limit thematically.

Stuff like GOOT, TT & AAG is cute but...not the kind of material that defines Carrie as an artist.

True but she needs to release a proper love song to radio - even if it is sad like IKYW. That would not be a regression: it woukd be a nice refreshing change from only bad boy songs or inspirational ballads.

Her albums are full of diverse songs but the label releases the same types of songs to radio every time- except for BA/TBC. She needs to show the rear of the works that she is more than that- but her team is so safe and predictable in single choices. Plus she only gets 4 singles unlike Miranda's 5.

WAW or DyTAM should have been singles. The world needs to see a different side of carrie.

JB172

True but she needs to release a proper love song to radio - even if it is sad like IKYW. That would not be a regression: it woukd be a nice refreshing change from only bad boy songs or inspirational ballads.

I could go without a boy bashing song on the 5th album, it's the female version of the male artists having songs about trucks on every album they put out.

teesharky

^ agree. I love he bad boy edgy songs- lol- and the inspirational songs. But I think it is time for a change in direction.

That is why Little Toy Guns is so refreshing and different!

Zman312

I could go without a boy bashing song on the 5th album, it's the female version of the male artists having songs about trucks on every album they put out.

Wow, that is so true. haha

aree th Tee, please put different type of songs.

the lead single for the 5th album should be a ROCK ****RY song.

mtreasmith

I'm in love with LTG. I think I even love it more than SITW.

Also, I will never forgive Carrie/Label for not releasing DYTAM or WAW as a single. They would have SMASHED. I have a feeling were going to get screwed by them not releasing LTG.

Ty

The last "boy-basher" Carrie released to radio was "Good Girl." And that was the only song of its kind on Blown Away. She's clearly moving away from that type of song.

I don't think Carrie sees it a priority to release love songs simply because they don't align with her personal taste. Maybe after experiencing motherhood, we'll get some songs about that type of maternal love. Anyway, I don't get this need expressed by some fans for Carrie to have a big schmaltzy wedding song; that's just not Carrie, imo.

The next album is probably going to further embrace Carrie's strengths as a storyteller. There was a pitch sheet demanding that 'descriptive story songs' be sent her way. I'm all for that. It's where she excels and it's also where she receives the most love from critics and casual fans.

Ty

I do agree that it would be nice to see some more variety in single choices though. WAW & DYTAM would've made for excellent singles. But, I think Carrie and the label had a very specific message and tone set for the BA era.

teesharky

^ Ty you are right that the singles from
the BA era were great and different. I just really hope she doesn't put out songs about maternal love as we already have Amanda's Song- and I am not sure that type of song interests me or is commercially viable today.

Release one proper love song to radio and I will shut up. Lol doesn't have to be mushy or sappy. Carrie said that is not her style. But maybe something like I Need You Now or WAW or IKYW etc.

carriethequeen

Remember the song Renegade Runaway? The only info I have is the title but it sounds like a upbeat, rock smash! I think the lead single from album #5 will be something fun and upbeat, less serious than SITW or LTG

Kizmet311

I totally agree with you on your second comment. I want Carrie to stay far, far away from that light, fluffy stuff. Those songs would be good for someone like Danielle Bradbury, but not a woman in her thirties in my opinion. They were fine for Carrie at that early stage of her career, but not now.

I do, however, think she needs to release more relationship/love songs. They don't have to be sappy love songs or getting it on kind of songs, but songs like SWISLY, WAW, OW, DYTAM, or songs like Brad's "Whiskey Lullaby", Patty Loveless "You Don't Even Know Who I Am", and Vince Gill "When I Call Your Name" are perfect examples of love songs/relationship songs that can have real meaning and substance and even a storyline.

The more and more Carrie develops as a writer and artist, the more and more I think she is like the perfect mix of Reba and Martina McBride. She has the voice, she chooses risky topics, and she can really sing the heck out of a story song.

lizcarlo

I could see Carrie doing these type of songs that would be different for her and they are story songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMSKxGiCprY Gone Away From Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58ciSLflus Giving Up

Amazon.com: A Good Man: Holly Williams: MP3 Downloads Sarah Buxton wrote this song with Holly Williams. I had to put it on Amazon, because its not on You Tube. I want Holly and Sara to write with Carrie one day because of this song.

Holly Williams is one of my favorite writers. Its a pipe dream for me for her and Carrie to work together. Holly Williams wrote Waitin On June, Gone Away From Me and Giving Up and all by herself. Her and Carrie write similar themes in their music like abuse. I could see Carrie singing these type of songs. They could write different stories still do the themes Carrie likes doing, but write about different stuff as well like her family.

countrymusicfan15

Her albums are full of diverse songs but the label releases the same types of songs to radio every time- except for BA/TBC. She needs to show the rear of the works that she is more than that- but her team is so safe and predictable in single choices. Plus she only gets 4 singles unlike Miranda's 5.

WAW or DyTAM should have been singles. The world needs to see a different side of carrie.

She did that. ITYS :)

teesharky

^But that wasn't her song really- just a cover. And that was so long ago it barely counts. Lol I guess we get one love song every 8 years. Lol

jaks_weyn

Isn't DYTAM considered a cute song too? LOL
I want to hear Distant Lullaby! : D

I think most of us will be happy since Carrie said that most of the songs they have are more upbeat (or did she say uptempo?) and story songs... : D

Like tee, I too would like a love song to be released... it can be a story song or something told first person... And I actually want a positive love song as she that has good lyrics and deep meaning... something like SITW but about romantic love instead... I prefer a ballad or mid-tempo... She had MS and LAM, but I want it to have lyrics with more depth and uses metaphors or anecdotes.. Or she can make songs like AOMM or IWALY.. But I don't think she would go that direction especially with the new songs she has now...

I actually would love a lighter album... lighter feel but has songs with more depth especially with out-of-the-box storylines and theme... SITW is a good example of this...

Whatever the theme she'll have though, one slot (or maybe 2) is reserved for her inspirational songs (at least one of which will allude or mention God/Jesus in it : D), and one of those will surely become a single... every era (including Decade#1) has an inspirational single (JTTW, SS, TH, SYA, SITW)... Some people wouldn't want this, but I love the Carrie that touches people's lives... At least we know now that she can make one amazing inspirational song that can be country, mainstream, critically and commercially loved at the same time... I remember how people here were disappointed when they found out that SITW is an inspirational song, and BOOM! when people heard it, literally everybody here loved it... : D She'll probably surprise us even more in this next album.. I'm really looking forward to it, and it'll be out in around 10-11 months.. : D

Smokyiiis

I love the dramatic ones....I don't think sappy is in Carrie's stylebook. Maybe Baby Fisher will change that....a softening with motherhood. Hmmmm come to think of it...this next era could be all kinds of different