Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Tour

Oneal

more boring the Ballerini who brings nothing new to the table?
and doesn't do old so well

She brings everything new to the table for a female. I get you don't like her but she's making a name for herself by being fun and different and not copying other females.

countryfan2006

First of all, You Guys are welcome
Second of all, Why does everyone think Carrie is going to have Kelsea Ballerini be the opening act of her next tour by a photograph. God people get mad over nothing..AND FYI Carrie hasn't say anything about the tour and who's opening. I'm just annoyed.

It's better to wait to see then judge at this moment.

Kizmet311

Well, I saw in the Twitter thread that Carrie and Kelsea are both represented by CAA, so I guess that is fueling the fire of the touring rumor. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed, because I have been dying to see Kelsea in concert and this would be a way to do it. I think Kelsea is just as country as Hunter Hayes or Keith Urban or even Carrie herself has been on some past songs. Carrie had some really pop-leaning stuff on her first three albums and really just started to lean more country with Blown Away and obviously now with Storyteller. Kelsea is a songwriter and while I get the TS comparisons, my gut tells me that Kelsea wants to be country, although I obviously don't know her personally and can't speak to her true intentions. I'm sure she wouldn't turn away crossover success - neither did Carrie with BHC or Lady A with NYN or The Band Perry with IIDY or whatever they are doing now, but I just don't think she is just using country as a stepping stone to get to pop stardom like Taylor did. As for other females, I think M&T would be great, I love Cam's Burning House and I like what I've heard from Mickey Guyton, but lately in my car I seem to be playing Kelsea's album more than anything else, so I would be thrilled to have her open. Also, her sales may be low, but I am the prime example of someone that adores her album and hasn't bought it because I can listen for free on Amazon Prime. It's really hard to justify buying something you can hear for free. If her album was ever not available for me to stream then I will buy it.

Farawayhills

I'm not a fan of the singles released by Ballerini at all, I haven listened to the album, but I may have to, just to see if it is as good as some say. That is what would change my mind. Would rather, as of right now, not have Kelsea open for Carrie. I'm in the Chris Young camp. If an all girls tour, Mickey or Cam sound good, but Maddie and Tae are my first choices.

I'd much prefer Maddie and Tae to either Cam or Mickey Guyton. They have explicitly parodied "bro Country" (though I don't think that was their best song), and the principle might appeal to Carrie, without having to directly criticize it herself - she does appear to like/admire some of the "bro" artists, and would probably prefer to stay above direct reference to what fellow artists are doing. Another thing that might appeal to Carrie is that Taylor Dye is a fellow Okie. Both girls seem well into guitar twang.

I have yet to be convinced by Cam - though I wish her well. I think "Burning House" was a potentially strong song - but weakened for me by what I considered too light and unemotional a delivery. Her more uptempo, rocking songs (of which I've heard a couple) seem stronger. One point about Cam is that she's also Carrie's Arista label-mate - and the Sony group CEO seems keen to develop her. That may influence the choice of a tour opener.

I understand the reservations about Kelsea Ballerini's very "safe", Pop-friendly radio singles - but I've been more impressed by her album cuts, and what I've seen of the commitment she put into her to live radio tour. She's had a publishing contract since her mid teens - and her writing shows both thematic depth and an understanding of Country Music. What impressed me was that the writing on the debut album scarcely involved (with the exception of one track) any widely known, established Nashville songwriters. She co-wrote it with just her producer and a handful of what appear to be newbies. Some of those songs, such as "Second Hand Smoke", "Peter Pan" and "Sirens" struck me as clever and thematically interesting. I think she has the potential to become a stayer.

In any case, though, in today's climate, I would definitely prefer Carrie to give tour places to other women.

maddkat

Staff member
She brings everything new to the table for a female. I get you don't like her but she's making a name for herself by being fun and different and not copying other females.
What is new?

She's totally copying TS's path in the way she acts. That little 'make it all about me' performance at the CMA noms yesterday showed that

JB172

Staying with another CAA artist makes a lot of sense and if they went that way Ballerini, Cam, Guyton and Maddie & Tae could all be in the mix with someone like Kip Moore as apart of it too.

Personally I don't really care who opens, I am not paying to see them anyway, I just want her to come back to South Florida again.

Oneal

Carrie Underwood is who she is because of POP leaning songs. The hypocrisy here is astounding. It's not like Carrie has been churning out Traditional country and any opening act that has crossover appeal isn't going to be a good fit. People will want to see Carrie for all her songs not just the new stuff.

Zman312

Well, I saw in the Twitter thread that Carrie and Kelsea are both represented by CAA, so I guess that is fueling the fire of the touring rumor. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed, because I have been dying to see Kelsea in concert and this would be a way to do it. I think Kelsea is just as country as Hunter Hayes or Keith Urban or even Carrie herself has been on some past songs. Carrie had some really pop-leaning stuff on her first three albums and really just started to lean more country with Blown Away and obviously now with Storyteller. Kelsea is a songwriter and while I get the TS comparisons, my gut tells me that Kelsea wants to be country, although I obviously don't know her personally and can't speak to her true intentions. I'm sure she wouldn't turn away crossover success - neither did Carrie with BHC or Lady A with NYN or The Band Perry with IIDY or whatever they are doing now, but I just don't think she is just using country as a stepping stone to get to pop stardom like Taylor did. As for other females, I think M&T would be great, I love Cam's Burning House and I like what I've heard from Mickey Guyton, but lately in my car I seem to be playing Kelsea's album more than anything else, so I would be thrilled to have her open. Also, her sales may be low, but I am the prime example of someone that adores her album and hasn't bought it because I can listen for free on Amazon Prime. It's really hard to justify buying something you can hear for free. If her album was ever not available for me to stream then I will buy it.

I am sorry but Carrie did turn away from cross-over success, she fought hard to make sure they did not have a POP remix for pop radio. ALL these other songs HAD A POP REMIX!!!! BHC was played by the strength of the song.

I actually wished Carrie remixed to get those #s.

Oneal

What is new?

She's totally copying TS's path in the way she acts. That little 'make it all about me' performance at the CMA noms yesterday showed that

If you want to go there then don't be upset when people start saying Carrie is following and copying Miranda and Kacey . No female has put out an Album that sounds anything like the one Kelsea just put out. She has her own identity.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I'm good with an all female tour, as long as they have talent aren't just successful because of the money thrown at radio

Carrie Underwood is who she is because of POP leaning songs. The hypocrisy here is astounding. It's not like Carrie has been churning out Traditional country and any opening act that has crossover appeal isn't going to be a good fit. People will want to see Carrie for all her songs not just the new stuff.
If that was aimed at me I could care less if she's pop country.I don't think she sings all that well and the few songs I've heard of hers are totally banal.Dibs is just terrible.

Oneal

If that was aimed at me I could care less if she's pop country.I don't think she sings all that well and the few songs I've heard of hers are totally banal.Dibs is just terrible.

Get over yourself, If it was aimed at you I would have put your name on it.

bigbluegrl23

^ I'm good with an all female tour, as long as they have talent aren't just successful because of the money thrown at radio

What!? Money is always thrown on country radio..... One of the most manipulated formats around.

JB172

Whoever the opening acts are/is it's very likely they are going to be a part of the CAA roster.

There are plenty of female acts that could make up a cool all girls tour with Ballerini, Cam, Guyton, Maddie & Tae and Monroe all being CAA clients, they could take two of those and it would make for a good tour.