Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Tour

maddkat

Staff member
^ it's a small tour that'll most likely be over before Carrie's tour starts up

What!? Money is always thrown on country radio..... One of the most manipulated formats around.

I realize that.I said 'just aren't successful for the money thrown at radio' .They need some talent.

Momin

Carrie Underwood is who she is because of POP leaning songs. The hypocrisy here is astounding. It's not like Carrie has been churning out Traditional country and any opening act that has crossover appeal isn't going to be a good fit. People will want to see Carrie for all her songs not just the new stuff.

I have to agree with Oneal on this one, without any disrespect to any other board members.

Carrie Underwood is who she is because of POP leaning songs. The hypocrisy here is astounding. It's not like Carrie has been churning out Traditional country and any opening act that has crossover appeal isn't going to be a good fit. People will want to see Carrie for all her songs not just the new stuff.

THANK YOU.

Kelsea's singles absolutely do NOT do her album justice, imo. As Faraway has pointed out, there is a lot of depth to her songwriting.

_adriano.

I would be happy if Carrie invited any female, aside from Miranda, to open for her. I mean, I don't think she should consider "artists that can help selling tickets" as a criteria, since it'd basically only include male country artists. I think an opening spot would be a great opportunity for a female act (like Kelsea, Cam etc), that could really benefit from the exposure of touring with Carrie.

adam1995

How funny would it be if Carrie asked Miranda to open for her?! That was bad I know, I'll go to my corner. Discuss the track list please.

pgk

i think Ms Ballerini's presence at Carrie's fashion show and her recent tweets to Carrie is simply Kelsea doing some self promotion. Perhaps she is aware that Carrie is planning a big tour a would like to be considered as one of her openers. You know what they say, 'Out of sight out of mind'.
Anyway, don't anyone worry. Carrie has a very savvy and hard working team guiding her not to forget the savyness and smarts of the boss lady herself.

JB172

i think Ms Ballerini's presence at Carrie's fashion show and her recent tweets to Carrie is simply Kelsea doing some self promotion. Perhaps she is aware that Carrie is planning a big tour a would like to be considered as one of her openers. You know what they say, 'Out of sight out of mind'.
Anyway, don't anyone worry. Carrie has a very savvy and hard working team guiding her not to forget the savyness and smarts of the boss lady herself.

It can also be looked at that she is already signed on for the tour and the very savvy people at CAA who reps both of them had them get photographed together.

Kizmet311

I am sorry but Carrie did turn away from cross-over success, she fought hard to make sure they did not have a POP remix for pop radio. ALL these other songs HAD A POP REMIX!!!! BHC was played by the strength of the song.

I actually wished Carrie remixed to get those #s.

I never said Carrie chased crossover success and I obviously know she refused to remix, but if one of her songs ever crossed over naturally she wouldn't have stopped it. Perhaps I didn't pick the best examples since the other's remixed, but until Kelsea does remixes for pop like the others have done, I will not get my pitchfork out on her. I just don't think it's fair to crucify Kelsea for being pop-leaning on her debut album when she's trying to get noticed and when she has some pretty awesome album tracks. Carrie generally released her rock/pop sounding songs as well or diva style power ballads that sounded like Martina McBride. We all know Carrie was heavily influenced by Martina early in her career, although she has obviously distanced herself from that style and from comparisons with Martina. I just wish some people would give Kelsea the same chance, because I personally think she is really good. However, not everyone is going to like her and that is fine too.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
This thread is for discussion and speculation about the Storyteller tour. The Storyteller thread is for discussion about the album.

Farawayhills

How funny would it be if Carrie asked Miranda to open for her?! That was bad I know, I'll go to my corner. Discuss the track list please.

Seriously, I'd be happier if Miranda was her "special guest" at the Apple Music Festival.

I'm still rather apprehensive of Carrie being associated with this event, as I'm afraid many of the audience will just identify her as "Pop". They'd both be likely to perform some Pop covers anyway - but if Miranda went as well, they'd give each other a measure of cover, and make it look more like an "all genre" event - which I don't think it really does on its past form, or on the line-up so far announced. They should also take along Spencer Cullum Jr, the (British) steel player who performed with them on "Somethin' Bad".

jptexas

Seriously, I'd be happier if Miranda was her "special guest" at the Apple Music Festival.

I'm still rather apprehensive of Carrie being associated with this event, as I'm afraid many of the audience will just identify her as "Pop". They'd both be likely to perform some Pop covers anyway - but if Miranda went as well, they'd give each other a measure of cover, and make it look more like an "all genre" event - which I don't think it really does on its past form, or on the line-up so far announced. They should also take along Spencer Cullum Jr, the (British) steel player who performed with them on "Somethin' Bad".

I can see your concern but if they wanted both, they would've invited both. Carrie will kill it over there.

Kizmet311

Thanks, Cary! I hated that I was part of derailing the Storyteller album thread. I'll be much more happy to discuss tour openers here, since apparently it can get heated, lol.

CarrieAddicted

LMAO I just woke up and came here only to see the discussion about the opening acts. LMAO

What the hell. LMAO

Guys, the tour hasn't even been announced. Let's save our energies.

Kizmet311

Someone mentioned Kip Moore in the other thread, because he is also under CAA. I haven't heard his new album, but I have seen a couple of country stars tweet about it being great (Dierks maybe). I'm not sure she'll get to do an all female tour, but I think a female to open (Kelsea, Cam, M&T, Ashley Monroe, etc) and then a slightly bigger-named guy for the main opener would be good.

Suellen

I never said Carrie chased crossover success and I obviously know she refused to remix, but if one of her songs ever crossed over naturally she wouldn't have stopped it. Perhaps I didn't pick the best examples since the other's remixed, but until Kelsea does remixes for pop like the others have done, I will not get my pitchfork out on her. I just don't think it's fair to crucify Kelsea for being pop-leaning on her debut album when she's trying to get noticed and when she has some pretty awesome album tracks. Carrie generally released her rock/pop sounding songs as well or diva style power ballads that sounded like Martina McBride. We all know Carrie was heavily influenced by Martina early in her career, although she has obviously distanced herself from that style and from comparisons with Martina. I just wish some people would give Kelsea the same chance, because I personally think she is really good. However, not everyone is going to like her and that is fine too.
Like, I'm having problems with the Like button for this post.

JB172

All her openers since LBT was the opener on the fall part of the CR tour were all CAA clients so it's likely if there is one or multiple openers they will come off of the CAA roster.

Before anyone brings up SOS, I am not counting them because IMO there were only on the tour because of personal connections.

Momin

But Faraway, you also need to see that all the artists performing at the festival are more or less identified with different genres. They all represent/speak well for the genre they mostly belong to. Carrie being added to the list could be the representation of country music, and I'm sure reports written on the festival will reaffirm the fact that Carrie is a country artist from the US, represented country music and brought the country genre to a festival that also showcased pop, R&B, rock, dance and folk. She won't be written as being from the "pop world" but as being from the country format.

With Carrie also being vocal about her countrier sound this time around, especially with the new "rock twang", I'm sure she would mention that on stage at the festival too, and the related interviews. Plus, whenever she has visited the UK or Australia, she has always referred to herself as being "country", saying that she wants to bring the country format to places outside the US, and that she is honoured to be the representative of country music in a place where the genre is not well-known.

So I don't think there is much to worry about as to how she will be portrayed. Even in the US so far, all articles have stated as Carrie being the "first country artist" to headline the Apple Music Festival. I also think that not only the country genre but generally the music industry (i.e whoever decided to put her on the lineup) is proud to have her as the ambassador to be the face of the genre, and that is how they will portray her in PR stuff too.

AdamJ

NO Miranda to London with Carrie. I wish she would take Brad with her. THEY are the face of country music and I don't think for one minute that anyone will confuse Carrie as a POP artist at all. She has been to London before and was not thought of as a pop artist so why on earth would they think that now. Not gonna happen. Maybe she will choose an artist from The X Factor (UK) to appear with her...who knows..... Personally, I am satisfied with the tracklist and the writers. It is not possible for Carrie to include all of them in an album and I am confident she knows exactly what she is doing in choosing the songs and the writers. I am always happy with her choices.

tgbrinker

Here's all the country music artists represented by CAA, just to stir up tour speculation. ; ) I didn't think some of these were country... link: CAA Creative Artists Agency Touring

A THOUSAND HORSES
AARON LEWIS
AARON PARKER
AARON WATSON
ALABAMA
ALAN JACKSON
ALISON KRAUSS
ALISON KRAUSS & UNION STATION
ASHLEY CLARK
ASHLEY MONROE
BILLY CURRINGTON
BIRD DOG