Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Tour

Kizmet311

Copied your post and left the ones I would be interested in seeing with Carrie that seem to have relatively new music out and aren't big enough for their own tour. I deleted Darius Rucker, because he wouldn't be my personal preference, but he could be a possibility. Honestly, it is slim pickings when it comes to the guys on her roster, at least for my taste, since I don't want Sam Hunt, lol. Kelsea Ballerini and David Nail would be my dream openers.

Here's all the country music artists represented by CAA, just to stir up tour speculation. ; ) I didn't think some of these were country... link: CAA Creative Artists Agency Touring

A THOUSAND HORSES
ASHLEY MONROE
CAM
DAVID NAIL
KELSEA BALLERINI
KIP MOORE
MADDIE & TAE
MICKEY GUYTON

CarrieAddicted

I personally couldn't care less about opening acts.

When I go see an artist live in concert, I'm there for that artist, not the openers.

I'd rather have them play several videos of her songs prior to the show than see a opener I don't even know the songs.

I'd rather have Carrie tour solo. If she was to tour with an artist, then it should be a proper joint tour, like Eminem & Rihanna's tour and Beyoncé and Jay-Z's tour from last year.

carriethequeen

For tour openers I would like Lauren Alaina or Cassadee Pope (check out her new single I Am Invincible..real country music and not a female trying to do bro country)

Also Brett Eldridge would be nice!

tgbrinker

Here are some options I could get excited about. On this list, I have 3 categories: Opener (15-20 mins), Special Guest (30-40 mins), and Co-Headliner. Obviously if Carrie only has one act out on tour with her, I hope it comes from the Special Guest category (aka strong sales, radio, and popularity). If she has two, I'd like one from Opener and one from Special Guest. Also, within each category, I ranked most preferred to least preferred - top to bottom. Overall, I'd be pleased with any of these.

Opening Act (15-20 mins):
MADDIE & TAE (Had pretty great debut sales for their album)
KELSEA BALLERINI
JENNIFER NETTLES
DAN + SHAY (The shorter one can hit come impressive notes that would be fun to see with Carrie)
BRANDY CLARK
MICKEY GUYTON
A THOUSAND HORSES

Special Guest (30-40 mins):
SAM HUNT (can't deny his popularity - and I like his music. Sure, not country minus some themes and a banjo or two, but quality in my opinion)
LITTLE BIG TOWN (I'm picturing a 'Jolene' --> 'Girl Crush' --> 'Two Black Cadillacs' mashup - think about it...)
KACEY MUSGRAVES
DARIUS RUCKER (he bores me to tears, but he's got credibility)
KIP MOORE

Co-Headliner (same set length as Carrie):
ZAC BROWN BAND
(this is obviously a LONG shot, but could be the reason we start to see Carrie (and ZBB for that matter) in Stadium venues. I'd shoot for ZBB performing first ('opening' for Carrie with the same length of setlist) for 2/3 of the tour. Let ZBB close for the hipster towns (Seattle, Portland, Austin, Denver, etc) and Carrie close for the rest.

Caitlin2010

I definitely don't want a co-headliner tour. Unless it's Carrie and someone else I REALLY love which... I'm drawing a blank on who that would even be in country music right now lol. I really like Jana Kramer but she's going to have time off soon with her pregnancy.

In my opinion the best option right now seems to be Kelsea Ballerini and I would be fine with that.

tgbrinker

Sam Hunt. Remember, Carrie with Hunter Hayes was a huge success. Just sayin.

Preach. Sam Hunt 2014-2015 is totally Hunter Hayes 2012-2013, with 10x more talk-singing, 10 years of age, 10 inches taller, and about 10 less instruments he can play.

maddkat

Staff member
Sam Hunts style...talking instead of singing....is so far removed from anything Carrie does.
I just don't see it.Suppose she brought him out to sing with her? It'd be Jason Aldean at LP Field all over again every night.

liz278

I'm not a fan of the singles released by Ballerini at all, I haven listened to the album, but I may have to, just to see if it is as good as some say. That is what would change my mind. Would rather, as of right now, not have Kelsea open for Carrie. I'm in the Chris Young camp. If an all girls tour, Mickey or Cam sound good, but Maddie and Tae are my first choices.

Whenever I happen to listen to country radio (which isn't often), and I heard M & T I really like their song Fly and I like their sound. So I would be on board with a M & T as an opener for Carrie. I also like Cam and Mickey. If we needed a guy, I would love to have Chris Young too. I am one of those that is not a fan of Ballerini, but all I have listened to has been the singles and they don't do anything for me.

simonplay

Sam Hunt would be amazing! But he maybe headline his own tour next year, he is huge right now! But maybe he can open for the first leg of her tour.

simonplay

Not sure about Kelsea, just listen a couple of her songs and are boring as hell. But that is just me, maybe people in general like her.

rcramer

He is a fine instrumentalist, but he is the male equivalent of TS, dude can't sing live.

I should have referenced that as well since I was leaning more toward that aspect of his artistry.... I guess that is why a lot out their like TS, supposedly she has great concerts, lord knows she cant sing live....... I was okay with Hunter though......

Kizmet311

Anyone familiar with Kelsea's song XO? Super catchy, I would like to see that live

I LOVE that song. It is so catchy and makes me dance in my car every time I listen to it. I think even Reba tweeted to Kelsea that she liked that song, lol. For some reason to me, I could imagine it being played somewhere like Wild Horse Saloon and everyone line dancing to it.