Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Tour

judes

I LOVE watching Carrie sing live!!! Carrie and the band really killed Smoke Break on Jimmy Fallon! The writers,the musicians and Carrie herself superb performance - THANK YOU!

twaintrain

Two words for an opening act: Jennifer Nettles.

She's releasing new music so she'll be touring. She and Carrie are friends. Who knows?

Michael Reid

Two words for an opening act: Jennifer Nettles.

She's releasing new music so she'll be touring. She and Carrie are friends. Who knows?

Jennifer Nettles already has a tour set up. Co-headling it with Brandy Clark....So Unfortunately probably won't happen.... :(

Michael Reid

I think Kacey Musgraves and Lauren Alania would be perfect. Kacey just released an Amazing country album, but is performing in small venues, and hasn't got crazy/mass appeal, this could be a perfect opportunity for it. Also Lauren is now finally releasing her followup album, her first album i felt was great. The Carrie co-write as well on Lauren album was Beautiful. I would love to get a Carrie/Kacey/Lauren tour. That would be dream come true for me.

teesharky

Remember guys: The first opener can be a newbie that Carrie wants to help along. The second opener should be someone more established to help attract ticket sales and buzz like Carrie's past 2nd openers: Little Big Town, Josh Turner, Billy Currington, Hunter Hayes, etc.

Fist Opener-- 20-30 Minute Slot:

Striking Matches
Cam
A Thousand Horses
Mickey Guyton
Maddie and Tae
Lauren Alaina
Kelsea
Ashley Monroe

Second Opener: 1 hour Slot- more of a Special Guest Than Opener

Jake Owen
Sam Hunt
Chris Young
Kacey Musgraves
Jewel
Chris Stapleton
Leann Rimes
Brett Eldrige
Sara Evans
Jen Nettles (if she was available)
The Band Perry (if special guests- not openers)
Kip Moore
Dariius Rucker

JB172

The problem with an All Girl tour is it will not attract as many male country fans. A mix of men and women is a safer bet.

People buy tickets to see Carrie, whoever the opening act or acts are will have little effect on ticket sales.

carebearcarrie

The problem with an All Girl tour is it will not attract as many male country fans. A mix of men and women is a safer bet.

Wouldn't it attract more male fans? Seeing a woman on stage kicking butt, looking hot and singing the crap out of everything. And then whoever opens for her. Lol.

gocountrymusic

If Carrie goes the route of an all girl tour I'd love Maddie and Tae to open first. Cam would be my second choice. Whoever suggested a rotation of female artist as the opener is a great idea. I'd be fine if Kelsea opens. The only new male artist I'd be okay with is Brett Eldridge and maybe Chris Young. I can't get into Sam Hunt's music at all but I believe there is a strong possibility he might be chosen.

txacar

I never care who's opening. I come for who I bought tickets to see- the person singing for 2 hours, not 30 minutes.

I care. If I have to sit through 40 minutes waiting for Carrie, I want it to be someone worth hearing. I love to see the wonderful, young talent. Saw Hunter Hayes 3 times and he set Carrie up perfectly. Also brought a ton of Hayniacs to the party. Loved their signs and energy.

teesharky

Wouldn't it attract more male fans? Seeing a woman on stage kicking butt, looking hot and singing the crap out of everything. And then whoever opens for her. Lol.

One would think so. lol But that is not the case because mostly women go to Carrie, Miranda, and Taylor's shows. haha And some of their boyfriends and husbands are dragged along.

Of course there are some men there on their own, but the majority, statistically, is female.

Some men might go to see the hot chicks on stage-- you are right. haha But some want to see male country singers as they are not into female country singers. (as musicians, not just a pretty face to gawk at)

teesharky

People buy tickets to see Carrie, whoever the opening act or acts are will have little effect on ticket sales.

You are right that Carrie is the main attraction and of course she can sell tickets on her own.

But-- it is always nice to have a good opener to attract people on the fence about buying tickets. Some people just don't want to spend the $ for concert tickets these days even if the like Carrie alot. So, it is a smart business plan to book someone just popular enough that it might tip the scales in favor of buying those tickets.

I admit I skip opening acts more often than not, but occasionally, I get there early if the opener is someone that interests me. It is a nice experience to see all 3 acts-- and like all 3 acts, plus you get your money's worth. lol

I am not saying it is crucial to book a big popular opening act. I am just saying it is a smart business idea to attract even more people than usual.

JB172

You are right that Carrie is the main attraction and of course she can sell tickets on her own.

But-- it is always nice to have a good opener to attract people on the fence about buying tickets. Some people just don't want to spend the $ for concert tickets these days even if the like Carrie alot. So, it is a smart business plan to book someone just popular enough that it might tip the scales in favor of buying those tickets.

I admit I skip opening acts more often than not, but occasionally, I get there early if the opener is someone that interests me. It is a nice experience to see all 3 acts-- and like all 3 acts, plus you get your money's worth. lol

I am not saying it is crucial to book a big popular opening act. I am just saying it is a smart business idea to attract even more people than usual.

Sorry but don't buy it at all that the opener or openers is going to have any vast effect on her ticket sales.

thaifood

That would have been awesome actually. Either Jen Nettles or Jewel. Love both.

Jewel performed on the big stage at the CMA Music Fest one year & she was absolutely dreadful She lost the audience almost immediately & never regained any momentum.

Kizmet311

Has anyone here seen Kacey live? I haven't been shy about saying that her albums aren't my cup of tea, but I also get the impression that she might be a little boring to watch live. She just doesn't seem to have much of a personality, although I haven't put in any effort to watch interviews or youtube live performances since I'm not that interested.