Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

Smokyiiis

I see where Adele turned down the offer to do 2017 Superbowl halftime show because she doesn't "dance." Do you think they will EVER ask Carrie to do the show?

LOS ANGELE – Multiple Grammy Award-winning singer Adele says she turned down an offer to perform at the 2017 Super Bowl halftime show.
The British singer told an audience Saturday at her Los Angeles concert that she was asked to perform at the event.
"First of all, I'm not doing the Super Bowl," Adele says from the stage in a video posted on Twitter. "I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really — I can't dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I did say no."
She adds: "I'm sorry, but maybe next time."

Kizmet311

Love it. Only Adele would turn down the SB, lol. She doesn't need it and she is right - it isn't really the type of stage for her music and performance style. Plus, she's British and could probably care less about the NFL. That isn't real "football" to her anyway, soccer is, lol.

I really really would love to see Carrie do it. I still can help but think her chances would be best in 2018 when NBC has it, but I do worry about the timing of Baby Fisher #2.

DaisyTweets

I just heard a report where the 'source' said she wasn't asked so who knows the whole story.

But to answer your question -- I ABSOLUTELY think she'll be asked and I think its going to be sooner rather than later. They'd be nuts not to ask her. Her Storyteller tour is proving and showing night after night after night that Carrie can and does command that large stage and attention. I just feel it in my bones that in the not to distant future we're going to be seeing her strut her stuff during that game. I mean come on, she's the voice and kick off to Sunday night football -- the most watched show on tv.

maddkat

Staff member
^I can't imagine Adele doing the super bowl.She's not the most dynamic performer inthe way the SB needs.So I tend to believe this is all some pr.

DaisyTweets

^I can't imagine Adele doing the super bowl.She's not the most dynamic performer inthe way the SB needs.So I tend to believe this is all some pr.

That's why I tend to believe the 'source' that she was never asked. She doesn't fit that game/show AT ALL!!!! But like you say it was more of a PR stunt. Although not sure why she'd need Pr since she's basically sold out her tour. Oh well, like I say I tend to believe the 'source'!!!

teesharky

Every year the superbowl rumors get out of have and most are wrong. Lol I just hope that the NFL realizes Houston Texas should include at least one country act.

tgbrinker

I TOTALLY understand if there is hesitation to have Carrie do the SuperBowl alone.

While country may seem like a major deal to us or to country fans, in the grand scheme of things, country is silly to Pop/Hip Hop/etc-only listeners. While country fans may also listen to Pop or Rap, it's less likely to be the same the other way around. It's very often I hear 'I can't stand country music'.

I think a multi-genre Half-Time show would be awesome or at least a Country mega-half-time show.

A Multi Genre half-time could have:
-Carrie
-Pink
-Drake
-JT
-Aka someone big, but not entire half-time show caliber, from multiple genres. Each person could get 1-2 songs in and then all come together for a classic

A Country Mega Show could have:
-Reba
-Garth
-Luke
-Carrie

Get the biggest male and female act from the past few decades along with the top acts today

Kizmet311

I TOTALLY understand if there is hesitation to have Carrie do the SuperBowl alone.

While country may seem like a major deal to us or to country fans, in the grand scheme of things, country is silly to Pop/Hip Hop/etc-only listeners. While country fans may also listen to Pop or Rap, it's less likely to be the same the other way around. It's very often I hear 'I can't stand country music'.

I think a multi-genre Half-Time show would be awesome or at least a Country mega-half-time show.

A Multi Genre half-time could have:
-Carrie
-Pink
-Drake
-JT
-Aka someone big, but not entire half-time show caliber, from multiple genres. Each person could get 1-2 songs in and then all come together for a classic

A Country Mega Show could have:
-Reba
-Garth
-Luke
-Carrie

Get the biggest male and female act from the past few decades along with the top acts today

I wouldn't want Carrie to share the stage with Garth and Reba. They are such legends that their egos probably would relegate Luke and Carrie to mere supporting acts. Now, Luke and Carrie together - I could handle that, lol. Maybe even throw in a little Keith Urban. Or Keith & Carrie, after their Aussie tour, would work. I would just want Carrie to be one of the main draws, even if she has to share the stage with a guy.

MelissaD

Adele?? Lmaoooo ... watch them ask Josh Groban next. Or maybe Susan Boyle. Or maybe even just a mic stand.

maddkat

Staff member
^ well that was my point.He fit perfectly in with the ones Melissa listed.

So watch them ask him

adam1995

I wouldn't want Carrie to share the stage with Garth and Reba. They are such legends that their egos probably would relegate Luke and Carrie to mere supporting acts. Now, Luke and Carrie together - I could handle that, lol. Maybe even throw in a little Keith Urban. Or Keith & Carrie, after their Aussie tour, would work. I would just want Carrie to be one of the main draws, even if she has to share the stage with a guy.

Those 4 would be amazing. And honestly, Garth and Reba, wouldn't steal any spotlight, they seem like they would share well enough.

But really, I don't think Carrie will be getting it. I don't know who, but I just don't think it's Carrie.

DaisyTweets

Carrie has shown time and time and time again that while her 'home base' may be the country music genre that she can sing and appeal to many different genres. And I'd just like to point everyone to Carrie's 3 most recent big stage performances of Church Bells -- each one performed for an awards show and each one different, unique and dynamic. With each performance she was one of the most (if not the most) talked about performance. With each performance we saw a true entertainer creatively changing things up and making each performance an event. Now her male counterparts mentioned above and specifically Luke Bryan also performed the same song at the same award shows and he gave the same performance (boring).

I believe with my whole heart that Carrie is going to get the headlining gig for the Superbowl and its going to be sooner rather than later. She's a better entertainer and a bigger star and celebrity than say LB. Mark my words, she'll get the headlining gig for the Superbowl. Its just a matter of when -- I'd say within the next 2 years!!!!!